GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1828
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Tciso » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:35 pm

I am up in the sportbar, and just watched the dry run of tonight's pre-game. Bastards didn't announce who will be named Captain. Sorry, no "scoop" on Horvat being named captain.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1072
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by vic » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:36 pm

micky107 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:01 pm


That move still works today >>>>>>>>>>>> if your real good.
Or if your last name is Hughes and first starts with a Q

Look at the size of the goalies - wow

6-2 Canucks

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:28 pm
micky107 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:06 pm
micky107 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:16 pm
Projected Canucks Lineup

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Leivo
Ferland-Gaudette-Sutter
Schaller-Beagle-Virtanen
Switch Jake and Josh...
Haven't seen or heard anyone understanding the Leivo role.

Drew Doughty/
Ilya Kovalchuk/
Anze Kopitar/ these are the three starting strong. no surprise
Can we get a translator in here!
1 - no one understand what role Levio has and why he is getting all this love from Green
2 - this is the D that LA is starting with and they are strong men
3 - no one is surprised by this

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21930
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Strangelove » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:28 pm
micky107 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:06 pm
Switch Jake and Josh...
Haven't seen or heard anyone understanding the Leivo role.

Drew Doughty/
Ilya Kovalchuk/
Anze Kopitar/ these are the three starting strong. no surprise
Can we get a translator in here!
1 - no one understand what role Levio has and why he is getting all this love from Green
2 - this is the D that LA is starting with and they are strong men
3 - no one is surprised by this
Micky, is that true?

Did you just call Kovalchuk and Kopitar Dmen?? :scowl:

And did you really think no one would be surprised that you called them Dmen? :sly:

Also, did you not realize that teams tend to play only 2 Dmen at the same time? :wow:

Yeahno, thanks anyway Reef, but Hank explained it much better on Page One.

(he also explained your translation in advance in the same post)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Hank » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm

I’m having Reef-like issues. Help!

:lol:
Last edited by Hank on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Try to focus on THIS year...

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1081
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by damonberryman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm

I go to say Bo is the most natural pick but Benning did not indicate any way at all who it is he is thinking about. As a long shot, maybe 12 to 1 I see Edler as having shot.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15931
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:53 pm

damonberryman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:52 pm
I go to say Bo is the most natural pick but Benning did not indicate any way at all who it is he is thinking about. As a long shot, maybe 12 to 1 I see Edler as having shot.
It might be Loui Eriksson :)
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm

Hank wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm
I’m having Reef-like issues. Help!

:lol:
Zzzzzzziiiiiiiip!
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:56 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:37 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:28 pm
micky107 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:15 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:06 pm
Switch Jake and Josh...
Haven't seen or heard anyone understanding the Leivo role.

Drew Doughty/
Ilya Kovalchuk/
Anze Kopitar/ these are the three starting strong. no surprise
Can we get a translator in here!
1 - no one understand what role Levio has and why he is getting all this love from Green
2 - this is the D that LA is starting with and they are strong men
3 - no one is surprised by this
Micky, is that true?

Did you just call Kovalchuk and Kopitar Dmen?? :scowl:

And did you really think no one would be surprised that you called them Dmen? :sly:

Also, did you not realize that teams tend to play only 2 Dmen at the same time? :wow:

Yeahno, thanks anyway Reef, but Hank explained it much better on Page One.

(he also explained your translation in advance in the same post)
Was supposed to type 1 thing, then was sidetracked and did correct it.

One of those days.

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Hank wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm
I’m having Reef-like issues. Help!

:lol:
Zzzzzzziiiiiiiip!
I prefer buttons

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21930
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Strangelove » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:01 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:58 pm
Was supposed to type 1 thing, then was sidetracked and did correct it.

One of those days.
C'mon Reef, ALL your days are like that...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21930
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by Strangelove » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:01 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:56 pm
Hank wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:33 pm
I’m having Reef-like issues. Help!

:lol:
Zzzzzzziiiiiiiip!
:D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

ESQ
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2548
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by ESQ » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Gad, how awesome was it to see Kirk in his old colors with that mask?

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by CrzyCanuck » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Captain BO!
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:14 pm

All hail King Bo!

God save the king!
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Post Reply