GDT: 13/03/19; Rangers vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 13/03/19; Rangers vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP.

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:00 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:39 pm I think Kreider got the $5000 fine didn’t he? That’s sufficient imho. He doesn’t have a history of being a dirty player.

I think Lemieux got shafted. That shouldn’t have even been a penalty.
Lelieux went for his head and was following through with the elbow. Watch the replay and look at his elbow.

The injury was inconsequential
You are right. He took advantage of the situation. That headshot KO was what folded Roussel like a cheap tent and caused him to fall awkwardly and twisting his knee the wrong way.

Young Lemieux is a dirty vag like his old man was.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

May as well remove all physical contact from the game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 am May as well remove all physical contact with the head from the game.
Fixed.

This is where the league wants to go and i dont blame them. Was it more exciting watching stevens end careers in the playoffs? Sure but the game has evolved to where it is less likely to be a life threatening thing to do for a living
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:55 am May as well remove all physical contact with the head from the game.
Fixed.

This is where the league wants to go and i dont blame them. Was it more exciting watching stevens end careers in the playoffs? Sure but the game has evolved to where it is less likely to be a life threatening thing to do for a living
Yeah, physicality is one thing. Head shots a completely different one. Concussions = brain damage.
I like hockey and I don't want the stars of the game to be vegetables by the time they retire.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Agreed - a lot has changed since the 70s and 80s - in hockey and society. The NHL will one day clamp down seriously on head shots - but honestly, as long as it allows fighting (nothing but targeted blows to the head), it all seems hollow.

Seeing two guys thrown out for dangerous plays was encouraging - but those types of calls are so inconsistent, it really is hard to figure out where the game is going. We've been waiting for the faster, more skilled "New NHL" to arrive - but we're still waiting.

Maybe as we get older and appreciate what a damaged brain does to people, we're more inclined than ever to encourage this 'New NHL' to take hold (but yes, we'll all still cheer a good fight with multiple shots to the head!).

At this point in my life as a fan, I'm ready to move on from fighting in hockey if means creating a serious deterrent to headshots of any form.

* also: Fuck the rangers (obligatory GDT comment)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."