GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3537
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Hank » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:33 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 pm
Boeser was gassed and quit out there.
Astute observation. Didn't even try.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 14954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:32 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 pm
Boeser was gassed and quit out there.
It started from who?

Lil' Trojan
Boeser and Pettersson we’re heading to the bench but stayed when Stetcher got the puck and began to transition. Then they got caught. They needed to head off. It was selfish. They’ve done it before on OT and once it worked and they scored. But that’s it, it worked once. They both have a habit of staying too long in OT. Pettersson can get away with it, Boeser can’t.

Stetcher did what he was supposed to.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Tiger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:45 pm

rats19 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 pm
Come on tiger.... EP your up

Thank Gaud for 1 point !
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Tiger » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:59 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:21 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:32 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 pm
Boeser was gassed and quit out there.
It started from who?

Lil' Trojan
Boeser and Pettersson we’re heading to the bench but stayed when Stetcher got the puck and began to transition. Then they got caught. They needed to head off. It was selfish. They’ve done it before on OT and once it worked and they scored.

Just wondering WTF Stecher is out there at all. He is useless as a goal scorer. Far better to put on a 3rd forward

Stetcher did what he was supposed to.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2444
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:25 am

Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8656
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by micky107 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 am

You noticed Todd.
NO WAY that should have been a loss. Definitely a bit game rusty but FFS.
Image

Pouliot needs to be gone;Image

There have to be better options. Why does he keep getting chances? Guess he's a look good in practice guy. No clue why?
Sometimes you just gotta pull the plug.
Enough..

Post game, Green and Gaudette;

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-66112703



full-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veva_mR0XM8&t=21s


well, guess this puts me out for a wee bit, not that I believe in luck. except maybe when a puck goes off both posts and stays out,
but then bounces into the net off Pouliot's head.
Ya, I know, it was Boeser's stick but you know what I mean. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by micky107 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2444
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am

micky107 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:45 am
You noticed Todd.
NO WAY that should have been a loss. Definitely a bit game rusty but FFS.
Image

Pouliot needs to be gone;

There have to be better options. Why does he keep getting chances? Guess he's a look good in practice guy. No clue why?
Sometimes you just gotta pull the plug.
Enough..
Yeah, I thought Dumpalot was actually pretty good most of the game, but I must admit I was kind of nervous seeing him out there late in the game. I'd take Del Zotto over him. Hopefully Greener and mgmt are just planning that Poo Bear is a temporary fill in until Hughes signs.

User avatar
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Carlyee » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:21 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:25 am
Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.
Luke Schenn must be terrible. I like Macewen better than Schaller. I think I'm ok with Spooner taking over from Granlund/Goldobin next year.

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 10754
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Topper » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:59 am

Canucks started the game by playing safe, off the boards and out defence. Problem was, the Coyotes controlled the neutral zone and simply re-entered the Canucks end. Oddly, nursing only a 1 goal lead, Vancouver returned to that for the third period. From the mid, point of the first, through most of the second, Vancouver was carrying the puck out of their zone and dumping it in from the Coyotes blueline. and were very effective at generating chances off the forecheck. Why did they strayed from that in the third?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Carlyee » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:04 am

Topper wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:59 am
Canucks started the game by playing safe, off the boards and out defence. Problem was, the Coyotes controlled the neutral zone and simply re-entered the Canucks end. Oddly, nursing only a 1 goal lead, Vancouver returned to that for the third period. From the mid, point of the first, through most of the second, Vancouver was carrying the puck out of their zone and dumping it in from the Coyotes blueline. and were very effective at generating chances off the forecheck. Why did they strayed from that in the third?
Conservative and unimaginative coaching?

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15256
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Tonight we get to see one of Blobs Prototypical style of player he loves - Brad Richardson. A Jamie McGinn throwback
Brad Richardson has 11 goals. His cap hit is 1.25 million
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by DonCherry4PM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:11 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Tonight we get to see one of Blobs Prototypical style of player he loves - Brad Richardson. A Jamie McGinn throwback
Brad Richardson has 11 goals. His cap hit is 1.25 million
But he isn’t “Foundational”. :lol:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1403
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by DonCherry4PM » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:30 am

Carlyee wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:21 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:25 am
Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.
Luke Schenn must be terrible. I like Macewen better than Schaller. I think I'm ok with Spooner taking over from Granlund/Goldobin next year.
5 points and -11 in 42 games (Spooner) vs.
25 points and -6 in 52 (Goldie) and
19 points and -6 in 59 (Granlund)

I am not ok with Spoons replacing either unless he improves significantly over the remainder of the season.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

User avatar
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Carlyee » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:55 am

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:30 am
Carlyee wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:21 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:25 am
Boy, another tuff lost tonite. Sir Pooalot with another big dump @ a bad time taking a penalty late in the game. The Hockey Gaud went from goat (missing his guy) to hero scoring late to tie the game. I wasn't sure why he was back out there after that missed assignment, but Greener made the right call. Gaud just ripped that shot top shelf, didn't he had that kind of shot in him. Hope to see it more. That's 2 big goals from the young centre in the last 3 games; he's looking like he has the makings of a clutch player.

The Rouster with a good game, 2 very nice assists. His passing ability is way better than I thought. Combine this with his grit, energy and defensive awareness, Greener should try him with Petey-Brockstar. The Granimal with a good game early on as well, nice little pass between the legs to setup the first goal.

The new guys looked ok. Spooner made some nice plays and had a couple nice chances, but with not much finish. It's pretty obvious to see why he's on his 4th NHL club in like a span of year. Sautner looked pretty good, threw a few hits and played a safe/steady game. If he can become a Ryan Stanton type guy, he'd be a good find/addition.
Luke Schenn must be terrible. I like Macewen better than Schaller. I think I'm ok with Spooner taking over from Granlund/Goldobin next year.
5 points and -11 in 42 games (Spooner) vs.
25 points and -6 in 52 (Goldie) and
19 points and -6 in 59 (Granlund)

I am not ok with Spoons replacing either unless he improves significantly over the remainder of the season.
I would suggest perhaps you expand your sample size. Spooner is -20 in his career. Granlund is -41 in only slightly fewer games. Goldobin is already -19 in a third as many games as Spooner. The only reason Goldobin has any points is EP40. Taking a myopic view based on this shitty season for western teams is probably not appropriate. But hey you do you.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15256
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: 21/02/19; Coyotes vs Canucks; 7pm; SPNPT

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:21 pm

I wouldn’t be upset if all three of those forwards were playing for different teams next season
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply