GDT: Jan 18 Sabres@ Canucks 7pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Jan 18 Sabres@ Canucks 7pm SN

Post by Topper »

A difficult game to watch. For the past 3 or 4 games, players have been very tentative going for loose pucks and the default mode has been to give up. Far to often, players are stopping and reaching with a swatting stick swing after loose pucks instead of confidently skating through and challenging the play.

When Motte and Schaller are the only forecheckers and they are creating turnovers for Beagle, the Canucks are in for a long night.

As for Oilers/Flames, I saw that a plane slid off the runway in Edmonton last night...... fingers crossed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm Otto kicked it in and Fluery actually really truly sucks :lol:
I hate Johnny copyright
I don’t mind the player.... loathe the nickname. Then again I didn’t get why Ivan Rodriguez couldn’t get his own nickname or why anyone would coin Don Mattingly, Donnie Baseball
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 am
rats19 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:40 pm Otto kicked it in and Fluery actually really truly sucks :lol:
I hate Johnny copyright
I don’t mind the player.... loathe the nickname. Then again I didn’t get why Ivan Rodriguez couldn’t get his own nickname or why anyone would coin Don Mattingly, Donnie Baseball
He is obviously talented... I hate his smug little face
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Was at this game.

Perhaps the worst start I have seen from them in ages, definitely the worst I've been at. They came out with half of their legs asleep, they had no intensity, and they couldn't make a pass to save their lives.

Sutter is just horrible on the PP. For some reason they had him manning the wall in Petey's absence.....Sutter's only use on the PP after the faceoff is in front of the net, what a joke that was to watch.

Too many forwards just mailed it in for the first 20 minutes, and those that didn't just don't have the chops to compete in the roles they are being forced in to.

Our blueline was actually decent and didn't look useless outside of a pair of usual suspects. Edler was impressive and by the 10 minute mark it was clear he was going out of his way to try and throw his weight around to try and spark his teammates.

How we came out up 2-1 after 20 minutes was beyond me. Ullmark wasn't bad, and only a single goal (the first one) was something that he could be faulted for.....even if 2 goals on 4 shots looks terrible.

Demko was lights out. Of the 3 goals that beat him only one of them was one he might want to have back. Was nice to be in the building again and hear the goalie's name chanted by the crowd. Dem-kO! Dem-kO! That was just great for his confidence.....if knowing that he stole 2 points right out of the Saber's pockets wasn't enough.