Canucks vs Panthers 4 PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs Panthers 4 PM

Post by Mickey107 »

Two versions / visitors vs homers broadcasts... :lol:

"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thanks for that Micky. It was interesting listening to the differing opinions. Is that Potvin giving the colour for Florida?

The post game clips were interesting too. The players talked about answering the bell before the game, good on them. Matheson was challenged at least 3-4 times and declined to fight. As is his right. At least the team didn't go all Bertuzzi.

I thought all the D except Pouliot looked good tonight.

Goldobin had a noticeable lacklustre game, really the only criticism Green had was his lazy penalty saying that was an example of him stopping to skate, a habit they are trying to break him of and one of the reasons he gets benched.

A good performance and a win at the right time. Three out of four points these past two games allows Pettersson a little breathing room if he still has any pain or discomfort. Along as we are getting points no need to rush him back.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Loved the response by the Canucks tonight. It was was the right one. Also Gudbranson going ape at the end. Good on Brower for stepping in and controlling and calming him down, he could have done some damage to Hayley(?) for that cheap shot.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I forgot...who did hayley cheap shot?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blah game. Two lower tier teams playing a lower tier brand of hockey.

Canuck fans were reminded:

- of the best and the worst of Luongo. After some stellar saves, he gave up on the Eriksson and Granlund goals

- of the lack of balls in retribution. Roussel was the only one to go after Mathelson in a post whistle scrum and even that was half hearted. Apparently others tried in game with no success. At that point the issue needs to forced.

Loui has been doing those little thing all season, last night they paid off with personal stats. Has Hoffman's girlfriend made him accustomed to being the little bitch?

Surprisingly, the lil' trojan played ok. Did anyone else note that he limited his ridiculous offensive forays as well. Weird, staying in position more means being caught of out of position less.

Goldobbin is going backwards. Fast. The strides he made late last season have been erased.

What the hell is with the goofball staged fight? Useless. A bunch of collar grabbing wrist flick jabs mixed with round house misses. Oooooooo tough guys.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am I forgot...who did hayley cheap shot?
Leivo apparently, hence why he took a shot at a different Panther later.

Just shows the start of it, at the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwbVwM90xl4
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 am

Surprisingly, the lil' trojan played ok. Did anyone else note that he limited his ridiculous offensive forays as well. Weird, staying in position more means being caught of out of position less.
I have noticed hes simplified shit the past few games. Quite alarming honestly as i had written, signed and collected the royalties from writing his book already.
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm Fuck i dunno if im just super baked all the time but is troy stetcher changing into a more reliable defender? Ive noticed hes been making the safer play more often than not of late.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:30 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 am I forgot...who did hayley cheap shot?
Leivo apparently, hence why he took a shot at a different Panther later.

Just shows the start of it, at the end of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwbVwM90xl4
Ah ok. Thanks.

Liked Leivos game yesterday. He hangs onto pucks in the o-zone opening up plays for his linemates.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Topper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 am Blah game. Two lower tier teams playing a lower tier brand of hockey.

Goldobbin is going backwards. Fast. The strides he made late last season have been erased.

What the hell is with the goofball staged fight? Useless. A bunch of collar grabbing wrist flick jabs mixed with round house misses. Oooooooo tough guys.
Many people in the media refer to Goldobin as exciting and dynamic. Maybe in junior? Even with the puck it is nearly certain there is a turn over and numbers heading back into our zone. I don't understand the love affair.

Your thought on the fight mirrors my own views on fighting in hockey. Yaaawn. I'm surprised there are not more broken hands.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Weeeeeeeee!Image
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Carlyee wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:44 am
Topper wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:29 am
Many people in the media refer to Goldobin as exciting and dynamic. Maybe in junior? Even with the puck it is nearly certain there is a turn over and numbers heading back into our zone. I don't understand the love affair.
After the previous game, the media and analytics guys were going off on talk radio, absolutely losing their shit about why Goldobin wasn't on for OT even though we had possession for most of it.

Most coaches will always have at least one responsible type guy out there. Even the Sedins didn't play that much in the new OT format.

And yet after last night's game, you have some of them starting to agree that Green might be right about his treatment of Goldy. Flip-floppers.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hank wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:15 pm Absolutely brutal PP without Petey.

I miss the days when the twins gained the zone with the exact same play whenever they wanted and set up the PP with ease. Sure, they never shot it but hey, it never looked this amateurish.
Saw a stat that with Petey on the ice in PP, the Canucks have scored 20 goals and allowed one short handed.
The Canucks PP without Petey on the ice has scored six and allowed five short handed goals against! :shock:

Also, supposedly, Petey has been on the ice for 70% of the goals the Canucks have scored this season.

The Canucks are one team with him and a completely different without.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:47 pm Defence pairings look the best they have in weeks.

Loui actually showed up. Bout fucking time
This Friday is payday.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm

The next Captain, Per, the next Captain. This is Petey's team as long as he's here.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Per wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:19 pm

The next Captain, Per, the next Captain. This is Petey's team as long as he's here.
Still think it'd be better to let someone more experienced be captain.
Petey should just focus on playing the game.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.