GDT Jan 5 canucks vs leaves that fall cbc

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT Jan 5 canucks vs leaves that fall cbc

Post by Tiger »

Ugliest game of the year.
Terrible starting lines
PP sucked
Pooalot maybe worst Dman ever ?
The whole team looked beat up and lifeless
Some days it sucks to be a Canucks fan.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Two games without Petey, no goals. Nuff said, this is Elias’ team. At this point not sure what we have in Bo, is he a legitimate top 6 centre or a very good 3rd line centre. He doesn’t have s lot of dimensions to his game, wish he’d play s more classic controlled centre when in the O zone but with Bo it’s his rush up the ice, beat a player put the puck on net or dish it off, he can put the blinders on like a north south winger. I like Bo but wishing a little more out of him

They definitely need more elite skill, on ice vision etc. Nick Ritchie? Are you kidding me? Elias is very alone in that department. Hopefully Q Hughes can add some of that but the Canucks need more puck possession players.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

First paragraph from the Dude is angry hungover, white stuffed up crusty nosed , bird legged, hairy boilered mash potatoes like upper body, 50 something balding, skullet rocking man flexing his Kermit the frog pipes in the mirror.

The second post was reasoned and made a good point.

Classic inpost tactical change from North Vans finest
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob has taken 5 shits so far this morning due to his intermittent diet of pub food burgers and beers
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:01 am Two games without Petey, no goals. Nuff said, this is Elias’ team. At this point not sure what we have in Bo, is he a legitimate top 6 centre or a very good 3rd line centre. He doesn’t have s lot of dimensions to his game, wish he’d play s more classic controlled centre when in the O zone but with Bo it’s his rush up the ice, beat a player put the puck on net or dish it off, he can put the blinders on like a north south winger. I like Bo but wishing a little more out of him

They definitely need more elite skill, on ice vision etc. Nick Ritchie? Are you kidding me? Elias is very alone in that department. Hopefully Q Hughes can add some of that but the Canucks need more puck possession players.
Most teams will be challenged to win without their best player, but on a team as talent-starved as the Canucks its fatal.

Horvat is a fine top-6 centre faced with several challenges.

1. With EP out of the lineup, he’s our only centre with a hint of offensive skill, making him a target for opponents’ shit down pairings.
2. Green’s desire to balance the lines means all are equally poor.
3. Playing nearly 21 mins/night in all situations has to be taking a toll on the energy levels. He’s 10th-ranked C in TOI/game, and only Barkov takes more shifts/game.

If Horvat is a third-liner then Sutter belongs in the ECHL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:01 am Two games without Petey, no goals. Nuff said, this is Elias’ team. At this point not sure what we have in Bo, is he a legitimate top 6 centre or a very good 3rd line centre. He doesn’t have s lot of dimensions to his game, wish he’d play s more classic controlled centre when in the O zone but with Bo it’s his rush up the ice, beat a player put the puck on net or dish it off, he can put the blinders on like a north south winger. I like Bo but wishing a little more out of him

Most teams will be challenged to win without their best player, but on a team as talent-starved as the Canucks its fatal.

Horvat is a fine top-6 centre faced with several challenges.

1. With EP out of the lineup, he’s our only centre with a hint of offensive skill, making him a target for opponents’ shit down pairings.
2. Green’s desire to balance the lines means all are equally poor.
3. Playing nearly 21 mins/night in all situations has to be taking a toll on the energy levels. He’s 10th-ranked C in TOI/game, and only Barkov takes more shifts/game.

If Horvat is a third-liner then Sutter belongs in the ECHL.
I said Horvat is either a "very good" 3rd line centre or an adequate 2nd line centre. He isn't what I call a high end 2nd line centre. Sutter isn't too far behind what Horvat brings to the table. I consider Sutter "a good" 3rd line centre. There is a massive drop from Pettersson to Horvat regarding offensive talent and a small drop from Horvat to Sutter. I like Bo, I just think we ask too much of him, we might think he's better than he actually is.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am
has to be taking a toll on the energy levels.
The games best players play better when the other players get tired, this doesn't speak to highly of Bo's "energy levels" if he struggles with extra minutes.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 am I said Horvat is either a "very good" 3rd line centre or an adequate 2nd line centre. He isn't what I call a high end 2nd line centre. Sutter isn't too far behind what Horvat brings to the table. I consider Sutter "a good" 3rd line centre. There is a massive drop from Pettersson to Horvat regarding offensive talent and a small drop from Horvat to Sutter. I like Bo, I just think we ask too much of him, we might think he's better than he actually is.
He's top-10 in TOI amongst Centres, 30th in points, 16th in Goals and he's taken more (118 more), and won more (57), faceoffs than anyone in the league.

"adequate 2nd line centre" :lol:

The stats indicate he's an "adequate" first line centre.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:03 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:54 am I said Horvat is either a "very good" 3rd line centre or an adequate 2nd line centre. He isn't what I call a high end 2nd line centre. Sutter isn't too far behind what Horvat brings to the table. I consider Sutter "a good" 3rd line centre. There is a massive drop from Pettersson to Horvat regarding offensive talent and a small drop from Horvat to Sutter. I like Bo, I just think we ask too much of him, we might think he's better than he actually is.
He's top-10 in TOI amongst Centres, 30th in points, 16th in Goals and he's taken more (118 more), and won more (57), faceoffs than anyone in the league.

"adequate 2nd line centre" :lol:

The stats indicate he's an "adequate" first line centre.
Has Bo's play been knocking you out over the last 15 games during the Pettersson show? No, it hasn't, so put down your rose coloured glasses my friend. We all love Bo, I get it, like we all loved Trevl Linden, I love Bo but like Trevl we are overrating him.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:10 pm Has Bo's play been knocking you out over the last 15 games during the Pettersson show? No, it hasn't, so put down your rose coloured glasses my friend. We all love Bo, I get it, like we all loved Trevl Linden, I love Bo but like Trevl we are overrating him.
Your mistake is comparing anyone on the team with Pettersson. I think Horvat can be the (non-asshole) Kesler to EP's Henrik.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:12 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:10 pm Has Bo's play been knocking you out over the last 15 games during the Pettersson show? No, it hasn't, so put down your rose coloured glasses my friend. We all love Bo, I get it, like we all loved Trevl Linden, I love Bo but like Trevl we are overrating him.
Your mistake is comparing anyone on the team with Pettersson. I think Horvat can be the (non-asshole) Kesler to EP's Henrik.
Bo is 70th in points in the NHL, right behind Nugent Hopkins. Right where he should be IMO, I don't value him any more or less than Nugent Hopkins. What is so wrong with calling him an adequate 2nd line centre comparable to RNH? I consider RNH an "adequate" 2nd line centre, nothing special, nothing bad. Get over yourself.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Of course he can, but lets stop calling Horvat a "Star"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:17 pm
It’s funny you waste all this energy beating up on Horvat but ignore the “contributions” of Loui Eriksson, Brandon Sutter, Erik Gudbranson, Tom Schaller and Jay Beagle. Horvat has had to carry inferior wingers and play head to head against the other teams best players for most of the season.
No agenda at all though
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:30 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:17 pm
Horvat has had to carry inferior wingers and play head to head against the other teams best players for most of the season.
No agenda at all though
While not producing. It's worrying that we are making excuses for Horvat.

At the end of the day, I like Bo, very happy he is our 2nd line centre, but recently we have witnessed Bo's offensive ceiling and what we should expect from him. I see him as your classic 60 point top 6 forward, in that 25 goals, 35 assists range, nothing wrong with that, like a Sam Reinhart or RNH. He will struggle to break the 30 goal plateau and 40 assist plateau and he most likely will never get an invite to the All-Star game.

Still really happy that he is our 2nd line centre, he just isn't a game changer.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Time for a Damn refresher course.
Come on guys. There is something ailing him right now and this has been going on for about a month.
So he's done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYuJrT81U2w
The link for full screen. You should watch it..

He's a very good #1 center on some teams and an excellent #2 center on all but maybe 2, if that.

Think about the role he is having to play. He can snipe shots just fine. Play make, score on breakaways, all that.
The lack of good passing and sustained offensive play by the players he's been put with lately, what can he do?
Not what he use to. Doesn't mean the abilities are gone.
And for the record; He is our #1 center. The position isn't "only" about points.
"evolution"