GDT: 13/12/18. Canucks @ Preds, 5pm, SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 13/12/18. Canucks @ Preds, 5pm, SNETP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm
Hank wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 pm Hahaha! Hockey Gods!

Good to see the Rainbow Warrior didn't give up after the bad goals.
Speaking of rainbow warriors, what is the big hair thing sitting behind the Preds bench. Shouldn't it be in Branson?
I saw that.... something is amiss
Oh good... Some one else saw that... Wasn't sure what I was seeing.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Finally saw the game. Freaking power outages all over, flooding problems in underground substations.

Trying to be creative with the threads until we lost so guess I'm back to once in a while.

Was fun. Wasn't an all out loss though. When ya get a point, and 5 out of 6 for the trip, 7 in ur last 4, I'm good with that.

Team is tired. Scrambled plays and worse that usual indecision is a sign of that. Makes guys look lazy. Now back to back Sat-Sun. ffs.

One thing; Jake looked damned impressive in the third !!

Preds mostly went after Horvat, no doubt by design.

Didn't think Kyle would make that much difference to the Preds but he did.

Our staff can't coach defense. Too many times missing assignments and not reading each other. That's not just bad players.

More to it than that. Old school chalk board time.

If Pettersson had of scored on that first good chance in the first; Different Game....
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Coach Green said Gudbranson had back spasms this afternoon and is day-to-day.
8:13 PM - 13 Dec 2018
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky, you’re fired!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 am micky, you’re fired!!
But, but, I have a NMC. :oops:

Kidding; It's hard trying to think of something different every game, (that hasn't been done before).
I'll still try, once in a while.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:11 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:24 pm
Hank wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:35 pm Hahaha! Hockey Gods!

Good to see the Rainbow Warrior didn't give up after the bad goals.
Speaking of rainbow warriors, what is the big hair thing sitting behind the Preds bench. Shouldn't it be in Branson?
I saw that.... something is amiss
Oh good... Some one else saw that... Wasn't sure what I was seeing.
I'd hit it....still juicy
If you need air...call it in
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Tiger wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm Gudbranson out Bìega in...
Hockey gods give this one to Preds.
OT win .. we steal 1 pt
:D :D not bad !
I nailed it... fell asleep during the 2nd period... Sorry Ratz...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Topper wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:10 pm 55-4

Brock is lazy along the boards
The guys looked bagged. Bo for sure is fatigued. But this game boils down to 3 things:

1. Pouliot, Biega and Stetcher in the same game = long night.
2. Ander Nilsson is probably an ok back up. Doesn't seem to prepare to start. 2 really week goals and one medium weak one.
3. The forwards on this team don't quit.

I shit on Goldobin as much as anyone else but it kind of looks like he is "trying" to play an all around game. His use of the body and defensive positioning is still god awful and his passes are generally shitty, but he tried a couple times for a shot and a rebound tonight which is a step in the right direction.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Biega looked lost much of the night. Part could be rust. 1st goal was he and Elias poochie their D coverage. 3 on two, Biega has to go to the puck carrier, Elias went there as well instead of making an adjustment to the open wing. Elias is making several d gaff's but so far he gets the rookie pass on those.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tiger wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:15 am
Tiger wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:00 pm Gudbranson out Bìega in...
Hockey gods give this one to Preds.
OT win .. we steal 1 pt
:D :D not bad !
I nailed it... fell asleep during the 2nd period... Sorry Ratz...
Had yourself a hell of a game there tiger....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doc is going to like this... Jake was a complete asshole in this game.

He regularly went to the net, got in the Preds grill and jawed with them. They did not look like they wanted to engage with the #Shotgun. Smart of Bo to kind of keep him in check on Josi so they could get that PP at the end there.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

micky107 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:28 pm Finally saw the game. Freaking power outages all over, flooding problems in underground substations.

Trying to be creative with the threads until we lost so guess I'm back to once in a while.

Was fun. Wasn't an all out loss though. When ya get a point, and 5 out of 6 for the trip, 7 in ur last 4, I'm good with that.

Team is tired. Scrambled plays and worse that usual indecision is a sign of that. Makes guys look lazy. Now back to back Sat-Sun. ffs.

One thing; Jake looked damned impressive in the third !!

Preds mostly went after Horvat, no doubt by design.

Didn't think Kyle would make that much difference to the Preds but he did.

Our staff can't coach defense. Too many times missing assignments and not reading each other. That's not just bad players.

More to it than that. Old school chalk board time.

If Pettersson had of scored on that first good chance in the first; Different Game....
Mick: Did you see the interview between periods of the Columbus game with John Shannon? I'm not a big fan of his but while being interviewed with Dan Murphy he commented that Travis Green and Co. were able to only schedule 3 practices in 21 days in November during that eastern road swing and the California trip due to travel and mandated days off. Pretty hard to practice defensive zone coverage and special teams, then throw in the rash of injuries during the same period and it's pretty difficult to blame coaching. Shannon said the Canucks have had the most brutal travel schedule of any NHL team so far. They've played 20 of their 34 games on the road up to now and have played more games than any other NHL team.

I was in Spain for most of last month so the first game I saw the Canucks play upon returning was the Minnesota game where they surrendered 3 easy power play goals. That was Jay Beagle's first game back from injury and he looked rusty on the PK. I also felt the goaltending was subpar on the first two PP goals as well. Other than that the Canucks have been in every game I've watched so far and there has been no quit in the team. Yes, they do looked tired and they are in a stretch where they have to play 8 games in 14 days including this short 3 game road trip and back to backs at home on the weekend. Then after Christmas they do 2 in Alabamberta before doing another 4 game eastern road trip, so they're going to be tired until January. After that their schedule become much easier. If they can remain relatively healthy, we can judge the coaching much better February 1.

I wasn't a fan of the Green hiring as coach, I felt he was similar to WD. But so far coaching has been the least of the Canucks worries this season.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I will say this: Despite the fact he is now 36 years old, Dan Hamhuis can still play defence and I wonder if the Canucks had brought him back and ditched one of Del Zotto or Pouliot how much better they would be behind the blue line. He'd be the perfect partner for Gubransen whose best hockey was when he was partnered with Mitchell, then with Campbell. They wouldn't be the '76-'77 Montreal Canadiens defence but they might be mediocre to meh instead of poor.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's not just practice, it's more along the lines of game structure, in other words, communication between the defense and offense
but even more so, between the pairing partners. This is something they can talk about themselves.
In regards to practices, there are very few during the actual season anymore, at all. Even when there is some time, at home, most
organizations let their players spend more time with families, etc. Not like it used to be.

I would like to see Green more involved directly with his defense men in stead of leaving the entire job to Nolan.
To me, the jobs have become entirely too separated. Sounds silly but it appears that way.
"evolution"