GDT: 06/12/18, Preds @ Canucks; 7pm, SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 06/12/18, Preds @ Canucks; 7pm, SNETP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:15 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:19 pm Nucks definitely need some creative juices on defence. Ole Quinn Hughes will be exactly what the Doctor ordered. Can’t wait to see the kid break ankles
Shit ya. Hes EXACTLY what the team desperately needs. I'd say his 10 games or whatever at the end of the year will be a nice teaser of how our future will be
Yeah but that's an extra D you have to protect in the expansion draft.
Its a carrot maybe for signing and joining your future buddies. We dont really have a great plethora of D prospects we need to worry about yet at least.
Sure, that's the way it looks right now, but in 3 years' time this team will look totally different! Who knows who will emerge from the ranks. If RD is to be believed we'll have 7 or 8 keepers on D; even Blob says we'll be back in the playoffs by then. So we'll definitely have a lot to protect and every spot counts. Hey, we all want to jizz over our 4K TVs watching QH and EP light it up to end a dreary season but it would be prudent to hold off signing him till next year. That said I think Jim will give in and get him in the lineup, if for nothing else than to help boost ticket sales for 2019-20.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He can sign July 1st and still boost ticket sales. Just don’t sign him to play out this season. Those 10-15 games are not worth it. But I want to see him play now but I’m willing to be patient.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:10 pm He can sign July 1st and still boost ticket sales. Just don’t sign him to play out this season. Those 10-15 games are not worth it. But I want to see him play now but I’m willing to be patient.
I agree in principle this is the right way to go but I doubt Benning will be able to say 'no' when QH becomes available and is eager to play. Especially since he will be slotted in to the top-4 right off the bat the next season, so why shouldn't he be rewarded like Gaudette and Boeser. Is Benning going to explain to QH that he needs to take one for the team, even before he is part of the team? Unlike past contracts that would expire by the time this team is contending, this one matters.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:10 pm He can sign July 1st and still boost ticket sales. Just don’t sign him to play out this season. Those 10-15 games are not worth it. But I want to see him play now but I’m willing to be patient.
I agree in principle this is the right way to go but I doubt Benning will be able to say 'no' when QH becomes available and is eager to play. Especially since he will be slotted in to the top-4 right off the bat the next season, so why shouldn't he be rewarded like Gaudette and Boeser. Is Benning going to explain to QH that he needs to take one for the team, even before he is part of the team? Unlike past contracts that would expire by the time this team is contending, this one matters.
I agree. Let’s hope he goes all the way in the frozen four.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Finally got a chance to watch the game. Ugly take down of Elias for the penalty shot. The cross check to the side, ribs/kidneys, was Martin Hanzel special.

Baubles, please keep singing the praises of the Pred's D.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.