GDT 04-Dec-18: Canucks vs Wild @ 19:00PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT 04-Dec-18: Canucks vs Wild @ 19:00PST

Post by Carlyee »

Hank wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:09 pm 2 shifts in and Leivo has already shown a grittier game. Backchecked, forechecked, got some sustained half-court offence with Petey and Brock.

Hope Goldy is watching and studying, not just stuffing his face with popcorn.

Boom! Leivo shows his great shot.

Fuck the stats. EP makes linemates better, because he plays all 200 ft. Not Goldy.
Word
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Beagle... BIG DIFFERENCE... NOT
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:18 pm Those seats will fill up. Vancouver "fans" prefer to smoke outside, drink in the concourse and head out with a minute left in the periods to smoke and drink more. Like they prefer to do that rather than actually sit in their seats to watch hockey.

But overall attendance has been better this season.
Can you whip out fatties there now?

Be cooler if you could
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lesson, stay out of the box.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Not much for points yet but I like Gaudette
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Roussel - 67 pim for one fight and one bite.

:?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm Not much for points yet but I like Gaudette
He will be a good one.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:18 pm Those seats will fill up. Vancouver "fans" prefer to smoke outside, drink in the concourse and head out with a minute left in the periods to smoke and drink more. Like they prefer to do that rather than actually sit in their seats to watch hockey.

Be cooler if you could
Most fans have to smoke or drink something in excess to sit through the games :lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Be cooler if you could
It's Vancity, mate! You smell it everywhere, at every gate at Rogers while you're filing in... and that was BEFORE it was legalized.

So, to answer your question... Yes. You can pretty much whip out whatever you want :mex:

(No, not that kind of fattie, UDL)
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Be cooler if you could
Most fans have to smoke or drink something in excess to sit through the games :lol:
Jeebus, the kids have played their hearts out. They've been competing and been in almost every game.

This season has brought back the excitement and most everyone agrees it's been pretty good hockey and they've really enjoyed watching it even if the results haven't been there.

Man, you are a serious Negative Nancy!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:29 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Be cooler if you could
Jeebus, the kids have played their hearts out. They've been competing and been in almost every game.

This season has brought back the excitement and most everyone agrees it's been pretty good hockey and they've really enjoyed watching it even if the results haven't been there.

Man, you are a serious Negative Nancy!
Dude I’m loving the games. It doesn’t mean it’s good entertainment. The d can’t make a breakout pass to save their life, the team isn’t physical and they are still really slow as a group compared to the rest of the league. I love the effort and they are getting better at a turtle like pace but it ain’t worth dropping 100$ a ticket + refreshments to watch live. Keep on keepin on my friend. I prefer to get lit up to watch Elmer’s production
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

To your point Hank the kids have tried hard. The veterans on the team have stunk like shit.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The point is that this season, it has been good entertainment. This is Vancouver, if you're going to talk about value, it wasn't good even when they were winning. Over a $100+ in the upper bowl isn't good entertainment value no matter what. $10 beers, $12 burgers, $20 parking on top of that.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 pm To your point Hank the kids have tried hard. The veterans on the team have stunk like shit.
There ya go ;)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:38 pm To your point Hank the kids have tried hard. The veterans on the team have stunk like shit.
Not sure that is true. Kids like Goldobin, Leipsic, and Pouliot did not do much when they had their chances. Most of the veterans have been injured in the first 20 odd games.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 pm
Not sure that is true. Kids like Goldobin, Leipsic, and Pouliot did not do much when they had their chances. Most of the veterans have been injured in the first 20 odd games.
Eriksson has been weak, Schaller has been crappy, Gudbranson was ok, then horrible. Del Zotto has been meh. Tanev hasn’t looked like himself. Markstrom has been pretty meh, so has Edler coming back. Roussel has looked ok but isn’t the physical presence we were sold on. To me the kids have carried the team