GDT: Oct 27: Penguins @ Canucks - 7pm - CBC, SNet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Oct 27: Penguins @ Canucks - 7pm - CBC, SNet

Post by ukcanuck »

Thank god I had to work and couldn’t listen to this...

What happened ?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:46 pm Thank god I had to work and couldn’t listen to this...

What happened ?
A rebuilding team with inconsistent scoring, a weak blueline, and mediocre goaltending, went head to head with the team that won 2 of the last 3 Stanley Cups behind the leadership of 3 of the best forwards in the NHL.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I would have liked to seen Archiballz play tonite considering he scored last game. Man, u can see why Pittsburgh gave up on Pooalot. He makes good passes and he seems to have a quick hard shot from the point (although don't think he has scored there yet); however, I don't think that's enuff to make him a good NHL player. His mind seems to want to do something creative at times, but his hands and feet just can't execute leading to turnovers. His skating also seems suspect and not good enuff for NHL standards. Greener seems to have a soft spot for him and I guess with all the injuries, he doesn't really have a choice right now, but Pooalot should be used sparingly as a 5th-7th D-man.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm Can we get clones of Edler and Tanev? or nah
We have the Tower of Power(Guds) and Beegs and Hutts and Chats and Sauts and Breeze and all the other nicknames you have for players. You told us all these guys were studs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:01 pm lmao at that phantom call

and LMAO at that return-the-favour call

This league's refereeing will always be a joke
Why having four refs when none of them have good eye sights?
Not that it would have made the game outcome all that different, (you never know), but how is this not a review situation?
And, four minutes at that!
To make a call the other way for nothing, just shows further ineptitude. Gotta change.
Major league umpires are made to look blind all the time now, in baseball, and they live with it. ($$$, maybe?).
I think Wes McCauly is great and hockey has more to deal with for officials than any other sport, I think.
Maybe in a situation like this tonight, the "War Room", immediately steps in and instructs the head dude, what to do.

In regards to tonight's game, we sucked!
No, seriously, the team is tired and it showed.
Looked like about 10 guys nursing some kind of owie, boo-boo, high honey, I'm home thing or some ailment.
Thought I saw a little something with Eli and Brock early in the 3rd but whatever that was, Goldy isn't the one to help it along.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 pm Lol UDL hasn't posted for a while. He must be somewhere in the delta quadrant by now.
Fuckin eh man. I took the dogs out for a moonlight walk and tripped right the fuck out. Fuckin coyotes and shit
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm Can we get clones of Edler and Tanev? or nah
We have the Tower of Power(Guds) and Beegs and Hutts and Chats and Sauts and Breeze and all the other nicknames you have for players. You told us all these guys were studs.
You must have been a blast to play with in pickup games back in the day, you the type to say a players entire name:

Carlo Colaiacovo! pass the puck!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:36 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:13 pm
You must have been a blast to play with in pickup games back in the day, you the type to say a players entire name:

Carlo Colaiacovo! pass the puck!
Lol that’s funny.

Either way my point stands boss. Why can’t some of these other guys step up?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:18 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:38 pm Lol UDL hasn't posted for a while. He must be somewhere in the delta quadrant by now.
Fuckin eh man. I took the dogs out for a moonlight walk and tripped right the fuck out. Fuckin coyotes and shit
Poor guy. You got that Phoenix goal howl stuck in your head. Heard it enough times.
Damn mangy thing ought to been put down years ago.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:18 am
Poor guy. You got that Phoenix goal howl stuck in your head. Heard it enough times.
You are so right on the Coyotes howling thing. It drives me fuvking nuts... I am so happy the Canucks don’t have any kind of animal noise affiliated with our cheering process.

The braves tomohawk chop & music is a close second...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:30 am
You are so right on the Coyotes howling thing. It drives me fuvking nuts... I am so happy the Canucks don’t have any kind of animal noise affiliated with our cheering process.

As I was posting that, I was thinking about the Braves. They've had that freakin thing since ever!
Jacket's cannon too. Fortunately, they usually suck.
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

They know how to get under Canucks fan/players skin. The Coyotes also played "Chelsea Dagger "
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

They know how to get under Canucks fan/players skin. The Coyotes also played "Chelsea Dagger "
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Time for that to change!

New Canucks' Goal Announcement
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!