Canucks @ Coyotes 7 pm. SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Coyotes 7 pm. SNP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am
Topper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am Is the Lepsic family related to the Strome family?

Communication. Who was calling out to let Pouliot know he had 3 Dogs coming? Night before it was miscommunication with Markstrom.

How many times was the lil trojan walked around? Cue Howie Meeker "like a hoop around a barrel".

Would have liked to see Jake moved into BROCKEY_HOCKEY's spot on the 1st unit PP.
Lmao ...”hey Derrick there are three guys right in front of you”

Never change :lol:
do you play pinball?
Mostly soccer these days. There are quite a few old balls I boot around the board on a fairly regular basis
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:40 am
Topper wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 am Is the Lepsic family related to the Strome family?

Communication. Who was calling out to let Pouliot know he had 3 Dogs coming? Night before it was miscommunication with Markstrom.

How many times was the lil trojan walked around? Cue Howie Meeker "like a hoop around a barrel".

Would have liked to see Jake moved into BROCKEY_HOCKEY's spot on the 1st unit PP.
Lmao ...”hey Derrick there are three guys right in front of you”

Never change :lol:
Doesn't matter how many Coyotes were bearing down on him. Pouliot basically lost control of the puck all on his own and then desperately reached to try to tip it out of the zone, taking himself out of the play.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:12 pm
Jovocop wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 pm Shit... Is the Leipsic experiment done? He could not find a better time to fall...
I've moved on from him since the end of last season lol

The guy is like a weak version of Raymond, or Peter Schaefer, or Jordan Shroeder
Mason Raymond was a top 6 forward on the best team in the league and didn't look out of place. At all.

He was a good pick pocket and during his peak provided value even when he wasn't scoring. He had a good game in transition both attacking and defending.

His name does not belong in this list.

But Raymond was never the same after the hit in SCF game 6. Sad!
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 pm Del Zotto should have no trouble sticking in this lineup. I counted two guys back there who looked far shittier than he did tonight. Pouliott and Biega both looked the shits.

Yeah a lot of these guys are getting ample ice time and doing fuck all with it. I liked Gaudette and Archibald out of the fringe guys. Virtanen needs to bring more.
MDZ was the third best defenseman on this team last year. They've all got warts, some very ugly. MDZ is the only one who also possesses some skill in all areas. MDZ makes mistakes, and a lot of them, but they are not the same mistake over and over...
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:45 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:39 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:15 pm Goldobin makes some real stupid passes whe he’s pressured.
He also can be quite crafty with the puck, sees the ice well. With Goldy there’s the good and bad but more importantly with players like that you have to cultivate his risky game cause that is his strong suit. I’m hoping as time goes on he gains wisdom whereby the stupid gambles are fewer between.
There wasn’t anything wrong with Goldobin’s pass. Lipstick stepped on a fucking banana peel.
It was worse than that. He then tried to play the puck while prone, ultimately putting it on the tee for an odd man rush. If he lets it go, it might have been recovered by a Canuck and likely would not have been worse than a clear. I get it, instincts at play, but it was a bad decision after a tumble.
Hono_rary Canadian
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Game Analysis:

The Canucks aren't very deep when 4 of the their top 5 players are out.
Hono_rary Canadian
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UWSaint wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:33 pm Game Analysis:

The Canucks aren't very deep when 4 of the their top 5 players are out.
Very true. I like the pluckiness and stick to my prediction of 80ish points, but they will struggle hard with four good players and two decent ones out of the lineup.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:12 pm
Jovocop wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:11 pm Shit... Is the Leipsic experiment done? He could not find a better time to fall...
I've moved on from him since the end of last season lol

The guy is like a weak version of Raymond, or Peter Schaefer, or Jordan Shroeder
Funny you would mention those 3 players.

Some may recall me being all over each and every one of them from Day One.

Basically called them overrated weenies.

I took on most of the board over "SchaFEAR" .

Eventually he ended up in a German league where opposition fans called him "Poodle". :)

I can see how you would compare Lipstick to those guys (especially this year)

... but Lipstick has more grit than the 3 of them put together in my ever so humble opinion.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm MDZ was the third best defenseman on this team last year. They've all got warts, some very ugly. MDZ is the only one who also possesses some skill in all areas. MDZ makes mistakes, and a lot of them, but they are not the same mistake over and over...
I couldn't agree more with your assessment of MDZ.

Not sure what happened to him in the off-season.

I thought the plan would be to pump-and-deadline-dump him this year

... but the DJ must've partied all summer or something.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

This team continues to battle and even without all of their top players, started the third tied at 1-1.

Even with Pouliot’s huge gaffe, we had opportunities on the PP. Dad gave the car keys for Goldobin and Leipsic to drive and they crashed hard into a ditch.

I don’t see much future for some of these placeholders but it sure beats dredging up the Megnas and Chaputs.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:39 pm Back in 2016, Doc was annoyed at me and said he would ------- destroy me.
I think that was soon after you signed up as "Micky".

I think it was something along the lines "If you blah blah blah I will fucking destroy you my friend".

Just my way of welcoming you (back) :wink: to the site and motivating you to stay on your toes.

You're welcome! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

These Millennials sure are a sensitive bunch eh, Doc?

Unfortunately for Mick, he’s from the previous millennium.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hank wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 pm These Millennials sure are a sensitive bunch eh, Doc?

Unfortunately for Mick, he’s from the previous millennium.

Ya!
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

In regards to mistakes by Pouliot, I doubt it will be easy to just coach them away.
His reactionary thinking is too desperate. When plays are developing according to plan, he's actually a very talented player.
It's that phrase, "under pressure". He needs to know that even if it's a sec, that's enough time to make a decent decision, or at least
better than what he's been doing.
I'm guessing this has been a problem for him for a long time.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:25 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:41 pm . Virtanen needs to bring more.
I’m coming very close to the conclusion that “bringing more” just isn’t going to happen with Jake.
:lol: