GDT: Canucks @ Jets, Oct,18/18; 5:00pm, SN1-SD

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Jets, Oct,18/18; 5:00pm, SN1-SD

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

My take is that the canucks were playing the jets pretty well but they're a far deeper and more skilled team.

Once they got up on us we rolled over.

Oh and Eriksson sucks
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya I’m tired of Ericksson. He doesn’t as fast as he once was. He’s not engaging as much as he needs to. He does add defensive awareness and ability but other than that I’m not sure what the 6 M is getting us.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I keep forgetting that boat anchor plays on the team. He is rarely mentioned after a game.

Time to move him now.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am I keep forgetting that boat anchor plays on the team. He is rarely mentioned after a game.

Time to move him now.
I think they would if they could. Not sure anyone would be interested in that boat anchor of a contract without sweetening the pot substantially.

Re. last night, I do think that having Pettersson back would have made a difference. Having two lines that can regularly put the puck in the net seems to put a little more pressure on other teams. Did like what I saw from Goldobin but he can't carry an entire line and he does seem to have some serious chemistry with Pettersson. Glad to see the coach recognizing the improvement of his play (even without tricky Pete).
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Having Horvat/Sutter taking faceoffs and Gaudette joining in when a change could happen thoroughly disrupted anything that line was trying to achieve. Especially with the forechecking and fast puck movement of the Jets.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

dangler wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:16 am Yup,have to agree. I keep hearing the "experts" going on about being good defensively,good stick,mentor for the young uns.
But i just dont see it. Constantly gets outmuscled to the puck , fails to convert,not alot of energy.
micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:48 am Three or four games ago, the camera was on the Pettersson / Eriksson line on ice, during a stoppage. They appeared to be drawing up a play.
Elias was doing the talking. Loui seemed to be going; ya, ya, ok, ok, got it, got it.
Man, the guy is not even being used on the PK right now. Greener going* with faster, more passionate/energy players. Beags ($3M), Rousell ($3M) and Schaeler ($2M) all look like bargains compared to Eriksson's contract ($6M). The 3 of them combined only make a little more than Eriksson. We prob stuck with him for now, if we lucky, they buy him out in offseason.
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm
dangler wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:16 am Yup,have to agree. I keep hearing the "experts" going on about being good defensively,good stick,mentor for the young uns.
But i just dont see it. Constantly gets outmuscled to the puck , fails to convert,not alot of energy.
micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:48 am Three or four games ago, the camera was on the Pettersson / Eriksson line on ice, during a stoppage. They appeared to be drawing up a play.
Elias was doing the talking. Loui seemed to be going; ya, ya, ok, ok, got it, got it.
Man, the guy is not even being used on the PK right now. Greener guying with faster, more passionate/energy players. Beags ($3M), Rousell ($3M) and Schaeler ($2M) all look like bargains compared to Eriksson's contract ($6M). The 3 of them combined only make a little more than Eriksson. We prob stuck with him for now, if we lucky, they buy him out in offseason.
Trade him with a 4th to some team and retain part of his salary. get a bag of pucks back.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:13 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:20 pm
Man, the guy is not even being used on the PK right now. Greener guying with faster, more passionate/energy players. Beags ($3M), Rousell ($3M) and Schaeler ($2M) all look like bargains compared to Eriksson's contract ($6M). The 3 of them combined only make a little more than Eriksson. We prob stuck with him for now, if we lucky, they buy him out in offseason.
Trade him with a 4th to some team and retain part of his salary. get a bag of pucks back.
You need to wait until next summer when his last big bonus is paid. 80 % of his massive salary would have been paid by then. Attach a 2nd rounder, plug your nose and kick him as hard in the piss flaps as you can, grab that greasy permed mullet and punch him all the way to Phoenix
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”