GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11108
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Half the board wanted to bench Brock a few days ago

Lmao
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13266
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Hank wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm
Am I wrong? Has Green ever given these two a long leash?

They're going have to do a lot more toxic lengthen that leash again.

BROCK!!!
They didn’t miss a shift and were back out with a minute to play. I think this year Green has a mandate. Play the kids. It started last ten games last season. So far he’s rolling four lines and 6 D. Well except Gaudette didn’t impress him.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7563
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Cornuck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Another sweet shot by Brock - picking up where he left off last year.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Hank » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 pm

They didn’t miss a shift and were back out with a minute to play. I think this year Green has a mandate. Play the kids. It started last ten games last season. So far he’s rolling four lines and 6 D. Well except Gaudette didn’t impress him.
I hope so because how he handled it in the past was ridiculous.

But that play by both of them was really dumb. I wouldn't have blamed the coach if he made an example of them for the rest of the game.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3894
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 pm

Hank wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:36 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 pm

They didn’t miss a shift and were back out with a minute to play. I think this year Green has a mandate. Play the kids. It started last ten games last season. So far he’s rolling four lines and 6 D. Well except Gaudette didn’t impress him.
I hope so because how he handled it in the past was ridiculous.

But that play by both of them was really dumb. I wouldn't have blamed the coach if he made an example of them for the rest of the game.
Yet vets make worse mistakes and they pay zero consequences.

Good win.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Half the board wanted to bench Brock a few days ago

Lmao

Geez blob you gotta change your name to Eore.
It’s like if you said something positive, I’m rushing out to buy a lottery ticket.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2387
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Hank » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 pm
Yet vets make worse mistakes and they pay zero consequences.

Good win.
They're vets. That's how life works. I'm sure you get more leeway in society than some snot-nosed punk.

They've done more, experienced more and can handle more of the tougher, heavier minutes. They've earned it.

But now, they're actually getting scratched and waived for the young 'uns. The consequences are that it's now a young man's league.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Hank wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:48 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:40 pm
Yet vets make worse mistakes and they pay zero consequences.

Good win.
They're vets. That's how life works. I'm sure you get more leeway in society than some snot-nosed punk.

They've done more, experienced more and can handle more of the tougher, heavier minutes. They've earned it.

But now, they're actually getting scratched and waived for the young 'uns. The consequences are that it's now a young man's league.
It’s been that league since they brought in the cap.
Youngsters play for less...

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11108
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:02 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Half the board wanted to bench Brock a few days ago

Lmao

Geez blob you gotta change your name to Eore.
It’s like if you said something positive, I’m rushing out to buy a lottery ticket.
So I’m the guy who says be patient while the piss crew wants him benched but I’m Eyore. Makes total sense Mr Magoo. Jesus you can’t fix stupid
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:02 pm
ukcanuck wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Half the board wanted to bench Brock a few days ago

Lmao

Geez blob you gotta change your name to Eore.
It’s like if you said something positive, I’m rushing out to buy a lottery ticket.
So I’m the guy who says be patient while the piss crew wants him benched but I’m Eyore. Makes total sense Mr Magoo. Jesus you can’t fix stupid
After the week that’s been the boys pull out two points.
Give it a minute for people to feel good about it?

Nobody likes an I told you so

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11732
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Bonino
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by damonberryman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:25 pm
Hank wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:22 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:14 pm
Sometimes Edler is just stupid.
What he do now? Try to play goal and causing a goal?.
Back pass at Pen blue line, right to a Pen. They break out and score.

Yet the last gamet Edler was a beast from Sweden. h
He is far and away our best d which may not bevery high a bar. He stood out at times. Playing the role of number 1 when he is not shows spiirit.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4687
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:23 pm

NEVER HAD A DOUBT !





Image
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4687
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by micky107 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Pretty good road game, don't ya think?
Acknowledge the Pens aren't stalwart defensively at this point but still.
Think winning a gold medal did a little something for Nilsson. That's 3 stand-up games. In a row 8-) .
Wids, I don't know what was going on with Gaudette ???????
He was playing OK, with energy, I thought.

Except for a couple of hot shifts here and there, are the Pens starting to finally look like a declining dynasty ?

Jets are pissed will be really freakin tough. BIG TIME.
"evolution"

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13266
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Pens, Oct.16/18, 4:00pm, SN1

Post by Hockey Widow » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:53 pm

Ya I don’t know why Gaudette was benched either. I guess the Green tough love for kids continues. I think perhaps Gaudette can play bigger and is timid or too respectful of the other players, if that makes sense. He just needs to find his NHL game.

Good to see Brock back. I still would have benched his ass for a game after the second Calgary game. But his confidence seems back. Did he look faster tonight or the Pens D that slow?
The only HW the Canucks need

Post Reply