GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am

That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 am

I’ve finally accepted the fact that Virtanen is not top 6 material
Yeahbut...hes finally found an angle to his game where he can actually be an nhl player and an asset. Until this year i havent seen anything from him indicating that he has a hope of being a regular
Virt looks like a good 3rd liner right now. Tom Wilson spun his wheels for a few years as a third fourth liner, I think virt will eventually be a 2nd liner but it’ll take time.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:47 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am
. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel?
Thats on the personnel for me. The puck movement from our back end kept dying on the sticks of fumblers in their own zone. We made the lames look way better than they really are
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:49 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 am

I’ve finally accepted the fact that Virtanen is not top 6 material
Yeahbut...hes finally found an angle to his game where he can actually be an nhl player and an asset. Until this year i havent seen anything from him indicating that he has a hope of being a regular
Virt looks like a good 3rd liner right now. Tom Wilson spun his wheels for a few years as a third fourth liner, I think virt will eventually be a 2nd liner but it’ll take time.
Yup his role is now to finish every check and wear down defenses. He finally is looking his size out there.

Raffi Torres might be a fair comparable
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11646
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am
That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
Nobody talks about the cheeky pass to Goldobin on that highway robbery save by Smith, play. Everytime Pettersson touches the puck, something happens for the better. Goldobin is a perfect fit for Pettersson, they are both cheeky players. They just need bad ass, big ass Gadjovich running amok on their line creating room for this two
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11011
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:56 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm
I read that really quick as “Reefs maid outfit”.
Image
Lmfao

I didn’t know Reef had a tattoo
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1028
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by damonberryman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:11 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 pm
What wrong with his mom? She'd have yer pebbles rattling around in yer bag like the ice cubes at the bottom of a mcdonalds coke
lol

User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by dangler » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:11 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am
That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
Nobody talks about the cheeky pass to Goldobin on that highway robbery save by Smith, play. Everytime Pettersson touches the puck, something happens for the better. Goldobin is a perfect fit for Pettersson, they are both cheeky players. They just need bad ass, big ass Gadjovich running amok on their line creating room for this two
Yup,Gadjovich is what that line needs. Has anyone heard how he has recovered from his back & wrist injuries?
Retool Rebuild

User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 990
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by dangler » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:14 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am
That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
A big N O to Guddy & Edler,Pouoit seems a fit so don't mess with it
Retool Rebuild

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Per wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm
So... five points (3G 2A) in two games.
Not bad for a rokkie, eh? :look:
Yep .. better than Naslund or the twins who took 2 years to get going. !
Gradin 1st game on a rookie line in 1978 2 goals 1 assist!
:D
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7556
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Cornuck » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm

I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Tiger » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Bad coaching decision . Last game our worst line was Bo's ... So he staarts the game with Bo's line . We lose the faceoff nobody cnhecks and the pucksin our net 😪
He overplays the 3 B line and cuts time on the 3rd and 4th..

Ends up with Boesser at -3 and Horvath at - 4.
Exciting game for a loss .
Kudo's to Pettersson..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4963
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm
I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.
You're bang on there corn. This kid has top 5 center in the league written all over him...without winning a lotto to get him it should silence critics on JB drafting
nobody forks...with the jesus

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by CrzyCanuck » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm
I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.

Kinda funny how we were so excited about Hutton, Virtanen and McCANN 3 years ago.

Yeah, it just speaks for our draft history
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8370
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by rats19 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:16 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:07 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm
I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.

Kinda funny how we were so excited about Hutton, Virtanen and McCANN 3 years ago.

Yeah, it just speaks for our draft history
More hopeful than excited I think. There is a definite difference with EP
You are who you hang with.....

Post Reply