GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT 06-Oct-18: Canucks @ Flames 19:00 PST

Post by Richardstroker69 »

That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 am
I’ve finally accepted the fact that Virtanen is not top 6 material
Yeahbut...hes finally found an angle to his game where he can actually be an nhl player and an asset. Until this year i havent seen anything from him indicating that he has a hope of being a regular
Virt looks like a good 3rd liner right now. Tom Wilson spun his wheels for a few years as a third fourth liner, I think virt will eventually be a 2nd liner but it’ll take time.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am . Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel?
Thats on the personnel for me. The puck movement from our back end kept dying on the sticks of fumblers in their own zone. We made the lames look way better than they really are
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:44 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:01 am
I’ve finally accepted the fact that Virtanen is not top 6 material
Yeahbut...hes finally found an angle to his game where he can actually be an nhl player and an asset. Until this year i havent seen anything from him indicating that he has a hope of being a regular
Virt looks like a good 3rd liner right now. Tom Wilson spun his wheels for a few years as a third fourth liner, I think virt will eventually be a 2nd liner but it’ll take time.
Yup his role is now to finish every check and wear down defenses. He finally is looking his size out there.

Raffi Torres might be a fair comparable
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
Nobody talks about the cheeky pass to Goldobin on that highway robbery save by Smith, play. Everytime Pettersson touches the puck, something happens for the better. Goldobin is a perfect fit for Pettersson, they are both cheeky players. They just need bad ass, big ass Gadjovich running amok on their line creating room for this two
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:20 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:11 pm I read that really quick as “Reefs maid outfit”.
Lmfao

I didn’t know Reef had a tattoo
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 pm What wrong with his mom? She'd have yer pebbles rattling around in yer bag like the ice cubes at the bottom of a mcdonalds coke
lol
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:54 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:42 am That was a great game, smith won the game for the flames when he robbed goldobin with that glove save. Do we need a new d coach? Or is it all personnel? Mdz looked like shit, pouloit and guddy seem to work well playing with the petterson line. If mdz and Stecher are out next game I’d like to see Tanev with Hutton, edler and guddy, and Biega pouloit
Nobody talks about the cheeky pass to Goldobin on that highway robbery save by Smith, play. Everytime Pettersson touches the puck, something happens for the better. Goldobin is a perfect fit for Pettersson, they are both cheeky players. They just need bad ass, big ass Gadjovich running amok on their line creating room for this two
Yup,Gadjovich is what that line needs. Has anyone heard how he has recovered from his back & wrist injuries?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

A big N O to Guddy & Edler,Pouoit seems a fit so don't mess with it
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Per wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:39 pm So... five points (3G 2A) in two games.
Not bad for a rokkie, eh? :look:
Yep .. better than Naslund or the twins who took 2 years to get going. !
Gradin 1st game on a rookie line in 1978 2 goals 1 assist!
:D
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Bad coaching decision . Last game our worst line was Bo's ... So he staarts the game with Bo's line . We lose the faceoff nobody cnhecks and the pucksin our net 😪
He overplays the 3 B line and cuts time on the 3rd and 4th..

Ends up with Boesser at -3 and Horvath at - 4.
Exciting game for a loss .
Kudo's to Pettersson..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.
You're bang on there corn. This kid has top 5 center in the league written all over him...without winning a lotto to get him it should silence critics on JB drafting
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:31 pm I was excited to Boeser get going, but after the pre-season - I have to say I haven't been more exited about a rookie since Bure.

Kinda funny how we were so excited about Hutton, Virtanen and McCANN 3 years ago.

Yeah, it just speaks for our draft history
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Kinda funny how we were so excited about Hutton, Virtanen and McCANN 3 years ago.

Yeah, it just speaks for our draft history
More hopeful than excited I think. There is a definite difference with EP
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….