GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by olpaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Our goaltenders are so big and yet they play so deep in the net I don't get it

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9382
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Defense meh, goaltending trash, team tank bandwagon gonna start early this year.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by CrzyCanuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:03 pm
Defense meh, goaltending trash, team tank bandwagon gonna start early this year.
As long as Boeser and Pettersson keep scoring, it'll be a fun tank
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by theman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Yeah, it's looking like a long season. Hopefully draft luck will be on our side this year.

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:10 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:04 pm
As long as Boeser and Pettersson keep scoring, it'll be a fun tank
I think a fun tank is the Canucks fan's most reasonable best hope for this season.

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by olpaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Jovocop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Hutton must be minus 3... He is just amazing... not.

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by CrzyCanuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm

olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Jovocop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:14 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
That's exactly what I thought. How many of those 7 goals were against the Canucks? 5, I think.

CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1008
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by CrzyCanuck » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm

Calgary's Czarney also scored a hattie against the Canucks too lol
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by olpaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
if he plays with 97 he will get goals i just watched the parting of the red sea oh wait that was 4 and 44 YIKES that was brutal

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Jovocop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm

olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
if he plays with 97 he will get goals i just watched the parting of the red sea oh wait that was 4 and 44 YIKES that was brutal
That was what the Oilers were thinking with Lucic...

olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by olpaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:20 pm

Jovocop wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
if he plays with 97 he will get goals i just watched the parting of the red sea oh wait that was 4 and 44 YIKES that was brutal
That was what the Oilers were thinking with Lucic...
Rattie can keep up not so sure 27 can anymore

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11075
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:21 pm

olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
if he plays with 97 he will get goals i just watched the parting of the red sea oh wait that was 4 and 44 YIKES that was brutal
But.... but the media is picking on 44
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3301
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Oilers 9/25/18

Post by Jovocop » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:22 pm

olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:20 pm
Jovocop wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:17 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:15 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
olpaddy wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:12 pm
Ty Rattie has died and gone to heaven 7 goals in the preseason
Not going to repeat when the real season starts
if he plays with 97 he will get goals i just watched the parting of the red sea oh wait that was 4 and 44 YIKES that was brutal
That was what the Oilers were thinking with Lucic...
Rattie can keep up not so sure 27 can anymore
The question is whether he can score against NHL goalies. :mrgreen:

Post Reply