GDT: Feb 28/18. Rangers @ Canucks 7:00 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 28/18. Rangers @ Canucks 7:00 pm SN

Post by Meds »

Went to the game tonight.

Leipsic and Motte are very nice additions. Both forecheck well and both play with sandpaper. They also have some serious wheels. They will definitely make Jimbo think about if and where Baertschi and Granlund fit going forward. It would be nice if they were both an inch or two taller and 10lbs heavier, but they definitely compete.

Hutton May have led the dmen with SOG but he was terrible defensively and a fire drill with the puck at the blueline.

Edler looks like a different player with Gudbranson as his partner. Much more effective and makes far fewer errrors.

Stecher might be playing himself out of a job. His size and decision making are becoming more of a question mark, and for a guy as small as he is, he doesn’t exactly have an incredible set of wheels.

Dank was a beauty again tonight. Young Hank > Young Dank, but old Dank > old Hank. 25-30 goals is not out of reach for Danny this year the way he’s playing.

Henrik should never be permitted to walk the blueline and try to QB things from there.

Markstrom with another abysmal start. In his defence the first goal was the only one of the three that he could have had. Nilsson was better, but the 5-hole on the breakaway and the OT winner were bad goals.

Zebras were the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

The Canucks dominated that game for probably 50 minutes. The shot totals don’t mislead. The Rangers got very lucky up front with some serious help from the hockey gods and refs. And of course some amazing play by Lundqvist.

Our blueline is such a joke though. If there’s a market for Hutton and/or MDZ trade Benning should make that happen.

I would advocate for trading Tanev but only if there is some confidence that Juolevi and Pouliot are going to be reliable players who can eat 17 minutes a night.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Feb 28/18. Rangers @ Canucks 7:00 pm SN

Post by Meds »

olpaddy wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 pm
Cornuck wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:14 pm Holy shit! A SAVE!!!
I spit out my beer when u said that LMAO
Was one of the bigger Bronx cheers I’ve heard at Rogers.