GDT: Avalanche at Vancouver

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Avalanche at Vancouver

Post by Mickey107 »

Didn't really care for Brock playing with the twins. On a couple of occasions, he was in the better shooting position but they passed to each other instead. Brock was set right in the slot once.
Glad to see Horvat getting back to speed. That was a typical Bo goal.
Del Zotto was in the doghouse apparently. Guess he's out now. Nice shot, pal, where have you been hiding that?
Vanek is rather unpredictable isn't he?
We killed them in the face-off circle.
"evolution"
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:03 am Didn't really care for Brock playing with the twins. On a couple of occasions, he was in the better shooting position but they passed to each other instead. Brock was set right in the slot once.
Glad to see Horvat getting back to speed. That was a typical Bo goal.
Del Zotto was in the doghouse apparently. Guess he's out now. Nice shot, pal, where have you been hiding that?
Vanek is rather unpredictable isn't he?
We killed them in the face-off circle.
Killing them in faceoffs ... result of Bo and Sutter being back in the lineup..
Sutter line did a fair job keeping MacKinnon off the scoreboard.
Boesser getting double teamed a lot, but still got an assist !
Del Sotto finally came through with a goal.. Thanks to Tanev's babysitting.
Baetchi with a nice goal using Av's player as a screen.
Yep a good game and fun to watch
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm
Jovocop wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 pm Edler with a big hit on McKinnon, knocking his helmet off...
Actually MacKinnon hit Edler. Got his helmet knocked off then pushed and shoved a bit.

Either way. Didn’t break my heart to see him leave.
They exchanged hits a few times in the first period. Yes, the last one was initiated by MacKinnon and Edler was ready for the hit.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Interestingly, last night we saw the most traditional 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th line set we've seen since the days of AV.

Horvat, Bearchia, Vanek
Sedin, Sedin, Brockey_Hockey
Sutter, Eriksson, Granlund
Gaunce, Jake, Gagger

There were a few game switches as he got Brockey_Hockey more ice time (at the expense of Vanek) and TG played some line matching.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Jovocop wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:32 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:30 pm
Jovocop wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:30 pm Edler with a big hit on McKinnon, knocking his helmet off...
Actually MacKinnon hit Edler. Got his helmet knocked off then pushed and shoved a bit.

Either way. Didn’t break my heart to see him leave.
They exchanged hits a few times in the first period. Yes, the last one was initiated by MacKinnon and Edler was ready for the hit.
I saw this on the reply again this morning (media following story that MacKinnon is injured).. Edler throws a shoulder towards him just before impact to match the momentum. He ends up not getting moved off the puck at all. Well played.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

It was speculated it may be a shoulder injury, but after review I'm thinking its more like collar bone...if not a concussion. That was a heavy collision.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm It was speculated it may be a shoulder injury, but after review I'm thinking its more like collar bone...if not a concussion. That was a heavy collision.
Ya, maybe mild concussion. He himself didn't seem affect at all for a few secs. Like maybe dizziness came over him.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:46 pm
BladesofSteel wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:31 pm It was speculated it may be a shoulder injury, but after review I'm thinking its more like collar bone...if not a concussion. That was a heavy collision.
Ya, maybe mild concussion. He himself didn't seem affect at all for a few secs. Like maybe dizziness came over him.
Saw a clip of him on the bench afterwards holding his shoulder and in quite a bit of pain.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

On Mackinnon: He's really, really good. He's made a huge jump this year, and you know why? He is FAST with decisionmaking. The shot is quick, the passes are before you think the play has developed. I have him in a pool, watch him a fair amount, and think he is arguably in the conversation of being a top 5 NHL player at this point.
Hono_rary Canadian
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:26 am On Mackinnon: He's really, really good. He's made a huge jump this year, and you know why? He is FAST with decisionmaking. The shot is quick, the passes are before you think the play has developed. I have him in a pool, watch him a fair amount, and think he is arguably in the conversation of being a top 5 NHL player at this point.
RoyalDude thinks MacKinnon is a bust.