GDT: Dec 23/17 Blues @ Canucks 7:00pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Dec 23/17 Blues @ Canucks 7:00pm HNIC

Post by Madcombinepilot »

CrzyCanuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:What a horrible Dec.

Nah we got our Christmas present with Brock's 20
If by "we" you mean "he", then yes, 'we' got a $212,500 Christmas Present
:lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Zemtac
CC Veteran

Post by Zemtac »

Actually HW, it's perfect!!! Our best players are our young players!!! We're losing and dropping in the standings!!! That 5th overall pick is ours baby!!!lol On a serious note, I for one have really enjoyed watching the Canucks this year. There have been a bunch of bright spots and had we not had injuries and a lack of NHL depth this year, we could still be in a playoff run.

We've lost to some good teams and fought them hard, I'm not upset with where we are right now, I couldn't be happier. I'm stooked to watch the World Juniors and see our propects and can't wait for the draft and next years prospects to push for the NHL. This is a flow through year and I"m still lovin' it!!! That is sayin' a lot and Brock and Bo and the propects have everything to do with that!!!
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Dan Cloutier is a nice guy as a goalie he battled and tried hard but every now and then he would give up a bad goal at the worst time... These goalies are channeling their coach in that regard... Markstrom played well against a good team but on a team with no margin for error u can't give up those two goals... Christmas break has come at a good time...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Two soft goals.
56/44 against in face-offs again.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zemtac wrote:
Actually HW, it's perfect!!! Our best players are our young players!!! We're losing and dropping in the standings!!! That 5th overall pick is ours baby!!!lol On a serious note, I for one have really enjoyed watching the Canucks this year. There have been a bunch of bright spots and had we not had injuries and a lack of NHL depth this year, we could still be in a playoff run.

We've lost to some good teams and fought them hard, I'm not upset with where we are right now, I couldn't be happier. I'm stooked to watch the World Juniors and see our propects and can't wait for the draft and next years prospects to push for the NHL. This is a flow through year and I"m still lovin' it!!! That is sayin' a lot and Brock and Bo and the propects have everything to do with that!!!
With exception of Dahlin the 2018 draft class is nothing special. Doesn't matter where we draft if not drafting 1st overall. Haven't we learned with the new lotto system it doesn't matter where we are in the lottery if it's not a great draft class, I guess you are hoping to be in the running for Dahlin but you might as well play 6/49 if you are a Canuck fan, the chances are better - the Perrault curse
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BROCKEY_HOCKEY

nice pass from Vanek

'lil trojan plays the way reefer posts

What has happened to Granlund? The Swiss army knife in the line-up, able to move around and fill in nearly anywhere.

Jake continues on the path laid out by Mason Raymond. Hopefully his head catches up to his skates.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I think jake is beginning to figure it out, I think jake will be an awesome asset in 1-2 years.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:I think jake is beginning to figure it out, I think jake will be an awesome asset in 1-2 years.
Didn't Benning say recently that power forwards like Jake typically peak around age 23?
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:BROCKEY_HOCKEY

nice pass from Vanek

'lil trojan plays the way reefer posts

What has happened to Granlund? The Swiss army knife in the line-up, able to move around and fill in nearly anywhere.

Jake continues on the path laid out by Mason Raymond. Hopefully his head catches up to his skates.
You couldn’t carry my jock strap.

Keep trying there old fart.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
rats19 wrote:I think jake is beginning to figure it out, I think jake will be an awesome asset in 1-2 years.
Didn't Benning say recently that power forwards like Jake typically peak around age 23?
Just because he said it doesn’t make it true. There have been power forwards come in and dominate at 18-20. Eric Lindros comes to mind. Cam Neely was a beast at 21
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Just because he said it doesn’t make it true. There have been power forwards come in and dominate at 18-20. Eric Lindros comes to mind. Cam Neely was a beast at 21
The Big E was like fully developed @ 18 and was a generational player making him a hyped 1st overall pick. Didn't the Canucks give up on Neely around 21? Neely and our old buddy Bert are perfect examples that power forwards with skill generally take a bit longer to develop to find their stride, so don't be haste to give up on them. :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Clarke Gillis syndrome, every wanna be power forward has it until they don't.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jake is headed down the road of a power forward but he does have the hands of a goal scorer too.
It wont be long now.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote:Jake is headed down the road of a power forward but he does have the hands of a goal scorer too.
It wont be long now.
Yeah, alot of ppl (fans, hockey pundits, posters here) are seeing it start to come together for Jake the Snake. He has an awesome package of skillz, the 3 Ss (size, speed, shot). If JB trades him, I think even the "genius" zealots here will turn on him. :D