Canucks @ Devils 4PM PST on Somechannelorother.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
CC Legend

Re: Canucks @ Devils 4PM PST on Somechannelorother.

Post by Meds » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Benjo wrote:So Hall crushes Larsen...fine I guess. Chaput does the right thing and drops em right away with Hall...fine. Devils have 3rd, 4th and 5th man jumping on Chaput while Sbisa gingerly waves his arms at
And that is everything that is wrong with the Canucks.....has been since the Sedins and AV took the reigns back in 2006.

CC Veteran

Post by Sticky » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:01 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
SKYO wrote:Taylor Hall gets 5 games, let the chips fall where they may.
If Kadri's hit on Sedin deemed legal, Hall will get nothing.
Nor should he. The dirty - should have gotten a major and a couple games. The hits aren't comparable other than Canucks getting laid out again.
No doubt... don't think the elements are there for a suspension... but I'd like to see the rule book changed to motivate players to try to focus on the "vulnerable position" aspect of hitting.

As far as the Kadri hit on Sedin... repeat offender? Check. Reputation for dirty play? Check. Should have been taken to the woodshed by someone other than Hansen? Absolutely.

But the repeated negative references to his ethnicity?... what a goofy thing to harp on.

DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:04 pm

Raise a shoulder drop a shoulder. When you hit if you drop the shoulder you open yourself up to injury with your neck and top of shoulder exposed, no one hits with their shoulder low its totally counter intuitive to protecting yourself and making impact. No one in first year Bantam hockey is taught to drop your shoulder on impact in hitting clinics.

This is a good hit, it's not a bad hit because it was powerful or that Larsen was not ready for it, or did not see Hall until the last minute.

Very unfortunate that he was injured so badly.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:07 pm

Meds wrote: Item (i) doesn't help. Timing was bad. Like I already said, Hall has the option to do nothing.....sort of. I don't think he should have though.

Item (ii) is Hall's get out of jail card. Larsen wasn't thinking on this one.
Why is the timing bad on Hall's part? The puck is there, Larsen is in full possession. He doesn't mis-judge Larsen's positioning, nor chase a hit and connect with his head after missing his shoulder/body. He doesn't mis-time his own arrival, leave his skates, or otherwise reach for the hit. There's no chicken wing trying to "catch a piece" of him. He literally continues on the same path he's been on since he started around the net and simply skates into Larsen. It would pretty much be crest on crest save for Larsen's head looking at the puck along the boards.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Meds wrote: Item (i) doesn't help. Timing was bad. Like I already said, Hall has the option to do nothing.....sort of. I don't think he should have though.

Item (ii) is Hall's get out of jail card. Larsen wasn't thinking on this one.
Why is the timing bad on Hall's part? The puck is there, Larsen is in full possession. He doesn't mis-judge Larsen's positioning, nor chase a hit and connect with his head after missing his shoulder/body. He doesn't mis-time his own arrival, leave his skates, or otherwise reach for the hit. There's no chicken wing trying to "catch a piece" of him. He literally continues on the same path he's been on since he started around the net and simply skates into Larsen. It would pretty much be crest on crest save for Larsen's head looking at the puck along the boards.
Bad timing because he lined up on a guy who wasn't looking. I'm not blaming Hall, just saying that the timing for the entire situation was bad. But like I said, Larsen needed to be smarter there.

DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Good news is we are in 28th position and still a solid contender for #1 pick overall. Keep looking on the bright side of all these losses stacking up. These are exciting days to be a Canucks fan. Only one team can be last, you have as much chance of winning the cup as getting #1 Draft position each year and we are a fierce contender for the top pick!
Attachments
cut.jpg
Woohoo!
cut.jpg (70.37 KiB) Viewed 2027 times

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:17 pm

We need to get Island Knucklehead homie to give Hall and Martin vengeance.

Last edited by SKYO on Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:18 pm

DHA wrote:Good news is we are in 28th position and still a solid contender for #1 pick overall.

:thumbs: Best news of the day.

ffs Can this team tank properly and get a high pick for all that is good and holy.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:49 pm

If we finish 30th we are not winning the lottery so what's the point? I guess to draft Liljegren or Vilardi? Either way we are not getting Patrick, it's the Perrault curse, accept it
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Talk about "kicking a guy while he's down"!! :shock:

(37 sec mark to 42 sec mark)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:If we finish 30th we are not winning the lottery so what's the point? I guess to draft Liljegren or Vilardi? Either way we are not getting Patrick, it's the Perrault curse, accept it
We need a scorer period, so getting Vilardi or Ras or Hischier I'd be happy.

Patrick injury prone anyways. :mrgreen:

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:18 am

I never like to see anyone hurt, no one really does but there is no way Hall's hit is dirty.
That is about as good as a hit gets.
If that was a Canuck making that hit, he would be cheered and revered by all.
To take that hit out of the game, well, may as well play flag hockey.
Look; Larsen plays too much of the game with his head down, not looking.
It's amazing to me he has lasted this long in the sport.
Normally a guy like that is exposed by midget level, sorry but that's the way I see it.
I took a couple like that, knocked the freakin wind out of me bad but I learned.
Gave a few too. Point is: live and learn!

Hall's game has improved since he's left Edmonton, in retrospect, maybe we should have pursued that avenue?

Anyways on a lighter note; We sucked tonight. Poor playing, poor coaching.

We are already back east.
Does anyone think it might be time to give Pedan a little look see?
"evolution"

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:18 am

I'd be all for calling Pedan up but Biega has to get his games in. The sooner we get his required games in the better, better still when both he and Sbisa have them in. If that happens and both are healthy one should be dealt at the deadline to a team needing a D man to expose.

Of course trades can be made after the deadline just the players can't play in the playoffs.

But Pedan gives us size and a willing combatant. On the other hand, Biega gives us experience. If Larsen is out for awhile I imagine they call up Pedan but dress Biega.
The only HW the Canucks need

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 am

We all cheered when that bug eyed blow fiend rocked Seabrook like that a few years ago. Good hit and Larsen should know not to come around his net looking behind him. Messier made one of those splashes backin the 80s and is still lauded for it. Its part of the game.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:48 am

Larsen was discharged from hospital last night and medically cleared to travel. He will return to Vancouver today for further evaluation and treatment by #Canucks medical staff.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound