GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:05 am

RoyalDude wrote:We are all so fickle, me included. All last season, fans and media be like - "we need defence!" At the draft "we need to draft a defenceman! We haven't drafted a defenceman in the first round since Luc Bourdon!" Fast forward to now - "Jim Benning is an idiot for not drafting Tkachuk!"
Who said the Canucks need defence, everyone was saying we need replacements for the Sedins especially if you are drafting a top pick. Falling to 5 was shit but still forwards are what is needed.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:07 am

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:I like Tryamkins game, brings physicality and skating well, makes other Canucks play bigger... Ottawa players don't want to go anywhere near him
Tryamkin looked pretty good in his season debut. Played hard, had some nastiness and did things that got him noticed. If his conditioning is getting there, he deserves more games. Rotate the trio of Sbisa, Larsen and Tryamkin in the lineup.

On a diff't note, I'm starting to wonder if Eriksson was an Aqua-man signing and not so much JB's. Cuz JB showed a lot of prudence in his first year by firmly refusing to give Verby and Miller long term contracts. Yet, this offseason, they give Eriksson (a similar calibre player) an insane 6 year contract. Just doesn't seem to jive. I could see Aqua-man thinking Eriksson would help get more out of the Sedins and they should try to make the playoffs since we have them around. If it takes a 6 year contract, then so be it.
Well, I slept on it and decided no more blind faith.
Todd, you ask a legit question! Makes me wonder now too, just who the hell is calling the shots.
It's a grade A terrible signing and the worst possible direction.
Would have rather just kept the money in the bank.
I'd have him on the market this morning.
The time frame is ridiculous and will interfere with us resigning some younger players coming off their ELCs.
It's stupid and now if anything worth while came up, our hands are tied.
Talk about mixed messages.

On another note; Screw the new defensive style.
I'd rather lose 6 to 4 then watch this crap.

Tried to stay on the band wagon but I can't see where it's going, not even in 4 years if it keeps playing out like this.
This does not look like a rebuild unless we leave the damn aging free agent market alone. Not going to work.
"evolution"

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:17 am

Reefer2 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:We are all so fickle, me included. All last season, fans and media be like - "we need defence!" At the draft "we need to draft a defenceman! We haven't drafted a defenceman in the first round since Luc Bourdon!" Fast forward to now - "Jim Benning is an idiot for not drafting Tkachuk!"
Who said the Canucks need defence, everyone was saying we need replacements for the Sedins especially if you are drafting a top pick. Falling to 5 was shit but still forwards are what is needed.
LOL, oh keep on keepin on oh selective memory.

So you are going on record saying that there was no talk last season of how we need to fix our defence and that we have no young stud defenceman in the system? You are going on record that nobody was saying we should draft a defenceman in the draft because we have no top pairing potential young defenceman in the system and that we haven't drafted a defenceman in the first round since Bourdon? Since Bourdon we have drafted in the first round - Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, McCann, Boeser, all forwards.

After the draft the general opinion was, yeah Tkachuk would be nice but I like us drafting Juolevi. But according to you none of the above is true.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:00 am

Thank you
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:03 am

I'm not sure OJ is going to be a stud. Seems like a pretty low event player , maybe a left handed version of Chris Tanev. Good player but I would hope for more drafting out of the five hole. Seems like we snagged a 3rd liner and a second paring d out of two top 6 picks in three years. Typical Canucks shit the bed in 3 out of 4 years where the drafts are mediocre. Nolan Patrick isn't in the same league as Eichel or Mathews let alone Mcdavid. Maybe a Draisitl type guy.

As an asside with the team likely missing the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years, I could see some players wanting to waive their NTC to get away from Elmer and Desjardins not to mention the garbage weather.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Puck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Puck » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:04 am

Good posts, Dude.

Blob, you're getting a tad bleak. Even for you.

Nuckster, that's some magnificent 20/20 vision you've got there. Eriksson was a really obvious signing. I'm not talking about money or term. As others have pointed out, that's the nature of the free agent market, accept it or get nothing. He should have been an easy fit into this lineup in terms of chemistry and he's coming off a 30 goal year. Surprisingly, so far, he's not working out but do you believe that was predictable? I'd say we still need to give it some time, but really NOBODY is scoring. Do you really think rookie Tkachuk would have changed that?

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm not sure OJ is going to be a stud. Seems like a pretty low event player , maybe a left handed version of Chris Tanev. Good player but I would hope for more drafting out of the five hole.
I think I was saying the same damn thing at the draft, but if it takes this long for people to come around to the reality that that pipe-cleaner on skates wasn't worth such a high pick (how many NHL games has Tkachuk played already?), so be it.

Nolan Patrick is a pipe-dream. League will never let Vancouver get near him no matter how shitty they do or how utterly mediocre some here think he'll be compared to the wunderkinds drafted before him. Not enough TV and merchandising dollars to be made out of the league propping up Vancouver.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:08 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
LOL, oh keep on keepin on oh selective memory.

So you are going on record saying that there was no talk last season of how we need to fix our defence and that we have no young stud defenceman in the system? You are going on record that nobody was saying we should draft a defenceman in the draft because we have no top pairing potential young defenceman in the system and that we haven't drafted a defenceman in the first round since Bourdon? Since Bourdon we have drafted in the first round - Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce, Horvat, Shinkaruk, Virtanen, McCann, Boeser, all forwards.

After the draft the general opinion was, yeah Tkachuk would be nice but I like us drafting Juolevi. But according to you none of the above is true.
What I wanted to say and it seems didn't do s good enough job is that you are making it out that majority of the fans wanted a d man drafted. I don't think anyone wanted a d man because we assumed we were drafting 1-3, once we dropped to 5 then there was some discussion around picking a d man.

Could say more but I suck at single finger typing on my phone.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:32 pm

Lancer wrote: Nolan Patrick is a pipe-dream. League will never let Vancouver get near him no matter how shitty they do or how utterly mediocre some here think he'll be compared to the wunderkinds drafted before him. Not enough TV and merchandising dollars to be made out of the league propping up Vancouver.
Well they let crappy deadmonton get 4 first overalls, so all you gotta do is lose and we are doing that fine and dandy right now.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:14 pm

micky107 wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: On a diff't note, I'm starting to wonder if Eriksson was an Aqua-man signing and not so much JB's. Cuz JB showed a lot of prudence in his first year by firmly refusing to give Verby and Miller long term contracts.
Todd, you ask a legit question! Makes me wonder now too, just who the hell is calling the shots.
Vrbata’s contract expired at age 35.

Miller’s contract will expire at age 36.

Eriksson’s contract will expire at age 36.

Wee Todd and Fweddy awe wetting theiw imaginations wun away with them...
micky107 wrote: It's a grade A terrible signing and the worst possible direction.
Wong.
micky107 wrote: I'd have him on the market this morning.
Weason #2673 why you awe not a GM.
micky107 wrote: The time frame is ridiculous and will interfere with us resigning some younger players coming off their ELCs.
Wong.
micky107 wrote: It's stupid and now if anything worth while came up, our hands are tied.
Loui will get us 20+ goals while playing gweat defensively, what awe you imagining "coming up"?
micky107 wrote: Talk about mixed messages.
Explain.
micky107 wrote: On another note; Screw the new defensive style.
I'd rather lose 6 to 4 then watch this crap.
Building from the net out wequires patience...
micky107 wrote: Tried to stay on the band wagon but I can't see where it's going, not even in 4 years
Wee Todd and Fweddy awe the Uwine Cwew.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:18 pm

Puck wrote:Good posts, Dude.

Blob, you're getting a tad bleak. Even for you.

Nuckster, that's some magnificent 20/20 vision you've got there. Eriksson was a really obvious signing. I'm not talking about money or term. As others have pointed out, that's the nature of the free agent market, accept it or get nothing. He should have been an easy fit into this lineup in terms of chemistry and he's coming off a 30 goal year. Surprisingly, so far, he's not working out but do you believe that was predictable? I'd say we still need to give it some time, but really NOBODY is scoring. Do you really think rookie Tkachuk would have changed that?
Don't confuse negativity with reality.

2015 was a wayyyy better draft than 2014, 2016 or 2017. That would have been the year for the wheels to fall off. But hey those three playoff games were pretty mint for the Italians I guess. Watching the team cower in fear against Michael Ferland was cool from a fan standpoint.

Juolevi is scoring at a 6 goal, 40 point pace on a very good junior team. Not real inspiring to me. Jake looks lost out there and doesn't belong in the league at this point.

So you can't see the twins, Edler or even Sutter wanting out of here with the Mickey Mouse situation that runs from ownership to the coaching staff? Maybe they like to lose?

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Watching the team cower in fear against Michael Ferland was cool from a fan standpoint.
Yup, he's a Flames fan, hey Blobby what's your handle at Bountiful.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:26 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Watching the team cower in fear against Michael Ferland was cool from a fan standpoint.
Yup, he's a Flames fan, hey Blobby what's your handle at Bountiful.
Lol nope just a frustrated fan of a bad team with bad ownership, bad management , bad coaching and a prospect pool thinnner than the Olson twins after a four month rock bender. I am prepared for this shit though. I cheer for the Cincinnati Reds as well.

Ferland had the Canucks running around their own zone with a river of piss running down their legs.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ferland had the Canucks running around their own zone with a river of piss running down their legs.
Try to focus on 2-3 years from now...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:40 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Ferland had the Canucks running around their own zone with a river of piss running down their legs.
Try to focus on 2-3 years from now...
THEO EPSTEIN IS A MOTHERFUCKING GENIUS.

Elmer isn't. He sounds like he guzzled a 26er every time he opens his mouth.