Page 3 of 6

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:22 pm
by Island Nucklehead
lol the classic pass-around finish off.

Glad I decided not to fork out tickets for this one. I'll go watch a good hockey team when they roll through Ottawa. The Canucks are a bad hockey team.

Gudbranson hung out to dry on Hutton's garbage little 2-foot pass in a cowardly attempt to avoid getting hit. Why didn't Hutton just put it off the boards himself? Gives to to Gudbranson, who now has three guys (2 sens and Hutton) coming right at him. Softmore slump.

Think we can hit -82 on the season?

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:30 pm
by SKYO
Island Nucklehead wrote: Think we can hit -82 on the season?

Low-key tank bruh

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:39 pm
by The Brown Wizard
Its not the canucks its the all star goalies they play. It has nothing to do with the team 6% shooting percentage

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:42 pm
by Todd Bersnoozi
TDA Rum wrote:I like Tryamkins game, brings physicality and skating well, makes other Canucks play bigger... Ottawa players don't want to go anywhere near him
Tryamkin looked pretty good in his season debut. Played hard, had some nastiness and did things that got him noticed. If his conditioning is getting there, he deserves more games. Rotate the trio of Sbisa, Larsen and Tryamkin in the lineup.

On a diff't note, I'm starting to wonder if Eriksson was an Aqua-man signing and not so much JB's. Cuz JB showed a lot of prudence in his first year by firmly refusing to give Verby and Miller long term contracts. Yet, this offseason, they give Eriksson (a similar calibre player) an insane 6 year contract. Just doesn't seem to jive. I could see Aqua-man thinking Eriksson would help get more out of the Sedins and they should try to make the playoffs since we have them around. If it takes a 6 year contract, then so be it.

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:58 pm
by nuckster
Wow this is bad! Cant see how mgt. can continue with the bleeding? Thing is, what can mgt do that is really going to make a difference? So if they take Willy out, it doesn't change the complexion of the team. Having Miller in net doesnt help one iota if the team can't score any goals - might as well trade him and one of the spare defencemen for an offensive player SOMEWHERE. Benning stated that he was looking for a 20 goal left winger before the season started - obviously he had no success. His inabilityto bring in offence is just as much an issue as Willy's coaching. Linden has some tough decisions to make here. If I was ownership I would let the whole lot go. Desperate times call for desperate measures! Things can't get any worse.

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:09 pm
by SKYO
Benning is pure genius- look like you building a winner but are tanking for this very season.

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:29 pm
by Benjo
SKYO wrote:Benning is pure genius- look like you building a winner but are tanking for this very season.
The stealth tank is not stealth anymore

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 pm
by Strangelove
Cornuck wrote:Do we stop the free fall tonight?

Will we score?

Tune in tonight and find out!

As part of a new GDT tradition, we will sacrifice a CC virgin to the hockey gods. Today we offer up: AlbertaCanuck (signed up: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:11 am - Zero posts).

Image

Oh hockey gods, please accept our humble sacrifice to your almighty power and benevolence. May you have mercy upon our team.

GO CANUCKS GO!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously: BEST GAME THREAD OP EVER!!!

I think it helped, and if not hey at least we tried...

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:05 pm
by nuckster
Hey Jim...Jimmy! Mr Jim Elmer Benning, guess what? I saw a goal scored tonight in an NHL game! Yes, indeed, it was your possible 5th pick none other than Mathew Tkachuk. How do u like those apples Jim?

And how many have your Canucks scored lately??? What? 0 in 4 of the last 5 games. Fuckin brilliant Jim.

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:12 pm
by Strangelove
Nuckster, try to focus on 2-3 years from now...

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:46 pm
by nuckster
Well this is what I see in the HERE and now. Mr JB could have selected Nylander instead of Virtanen and Tkachuk instead of Juolevi. We could be grooming our first line of the future right now - not waiting for selections 2 to 3 years from now. Nylander has been averaging a point a game so far this season for the Leaves and Tkachuk is showing real promise. So that"s a fact. We could be anticipating the development of a Boeser, Nylander, Tkachuk tandem for offence as opposed to what we have right now.

Im familar with the well it takes years for the Virtanen power fwd trip, and the Juolevi will develop eventually scenario. I'm suggesting that a contrasting reality could exist right now that would speak to our sorely lacking offensive prospects if only Ole Jim had opted for some of the alternatives.

Please lay off the 'only sunshine comes out of Jim's butt' schtick. He had other choices and didnt make them, and he also failed to come thru with a scoring left winger over the summer. Another GM could potentially have us sitting in whole different place right now.... I know I would have :D

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:18 pm
by micky107
The first was good. Had some entertainment value.
Tryamkin does have a mean streak. Might have to be careful.
Eriksson is just not seeming to be a good fit yet. Guess he's use to bigger teams and more room.

It was worth it just to see Bo lose his temper with Karlsson. :evil:

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:23 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Strangelove wrote:Nuckster, try to focus on 2-3 years from now...
As I said elsewhere, I was willing to go with that line of thinking before, but thought it hinged on the Sedins showing exceptional playing longevity, which, as I also noted, was not an unrealistic hope. From what we have seen so far, though, barring some near-miraculous revival resulting from changes to their conditioning plan or deployment, it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Absent a Sedin-based line providing 1st rate 2nd line production (potentially, this vision supposed, at a substantial "home town" discount), what developments do you foresee for the Canucks in the next 2-3 years that will make them a playoff team with serious potential for a deep run ?

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 pm
by Meds
nuckster wrote:Well this is what I see in the HERE and now. Mr JB could have selected Nylander instead of Virtanen and Tkachuk instead of Juolevi. We could be grooming our first line of the future right now - not waiting for selections 2 to 3 years from now. Nylander has been averaging a point a game so far this season for the Leaves and Tkachuk is showing real promise. So that"s a fact. We could be anticipating the development of a Boeser, Nylander, Tkachuk tandem for offence as opposed to what we have right now.

Im familar with the well it takes years for the Virtanen power fwd trip, and the Juolevi will develop eventually scenario. I'm suggesting that a contrasting reality could exist right now that would speak to our sorely lacking offensive prospects if only Ole Jim had opted for some of the alternatives.

Please lay off the 'only sunshine comes out of Jim's butt' schtick. He had other choices and didnt make them, and he also failed to come thru with a scoring left winger over the summer. Another GM could potentially have us sitting in whole different place right now.... I know I would have :D
I'm just curious who you would have signed this summer as GM, and who you would have added for offense for us.

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Sens - 4:30 - TSN5

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:45 am
by Chef Boi RD
We are all so fickle, me included. All last season, fans and media be like - "we need defence!" At the draft "we need to draft a defenceman! We haven't drafted a defenceman in the first round since Luc Bourdon!" Fast forward to now - "Jim Benning is an idiot for not drafting Tkachuk!"