GDT: 3/5/16 Canucks@Sharks 7:00 pm HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: 3/5/16 Canucks@Sharks 7:00 pm HNIC

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:When a win feels like a loss......great OOTS and we win!!

But a deserved win. PP great tonight. Markstrom a great game. Solid defensive play. Four goals! Not too shabby.
Ya can't lose'em all Wids. ;)

I'll take this win, with a relatively new-look PP (no habitual Hank at the half-boards predictability) and the kids looking good.

Bear-shit really looked like a player tonight; Hutton was doing his thing and actually played a better Tanev gam than Tanev; and Virtanen Lai out some good hits and made some plays. Just when I was wondering what happened to Horvat, he makes a nice pass on Hamhuis' winner. McCann needs to keep bulking up an working on his speed, but that will come.

The only shit stain on this Egyptian cotton sheet was Willie's bath-house boy Vey getting getting goal - just what his godfather needed to justify more ice time for that turd.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank returning to Vancouver, won't finish the road trip.

Tanev staying with the team but won't play Monday in LA.

So I guess Weber will play. Vrbata will probably be declared healthy.

Get Trymakin signed!
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Woot, hammer finally scores again! If he ever scores in Vancouver again, this should be his goal song. :P

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Vey looking like an NHLer more and more as the season goes on, confidence levels rising, foh with the hate.

Good for the team to get a victory to feel good about themselves, even though the top pick goes a bit out of reach a tad, just got to hope the rest of the Canadian teams do better hah.

Markstrom developing well, he should get more games next season with MillerTime taking it easy.

Hutton one more year at 900K per till 2017, tanev contract in the books? haha *oh shit*

Hank & Sutter our top 2 centers out and we go on a winning streak? (I shouldn't joke like that)
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Vey looking like an NHLer more and more as the season goes on, confidence levels rising, foh with the hate.

Good for the team to get a victory to feel good about themselves, even though the top pick goes a bit out of reach a tad, just got to hope the rest of the Canadian teams do better hah.

Markstrom developing well, he should get more games next season with MillerTime taking it easy.

Hutton one more year at 900K per till 2017, tanev contract in the books? haha *oh shit*

Hank & Sutter our top 2 centers out and we go on a winning streak? (I shouldn't joke like that)
Not to worry Skyo. This year Vey, Baertschi, Etem and Granlund are RFA. Next year Horvat, Hutton and Gaunce will be RFA. Then The year after McCann and Virtanen. Somewhere in there Trymakin will also be RFA :mrgreen:

No home run contracts coming up for a couple of years but a number of bridge deals will be. Benning has got to manage the cap very carefully from here on out.
The only HW the Canucks need
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I thought Vey stepped up his game again. He is looking like he might be able to fetch us a draft pick at the draft. I hope he starts to smoke it until the end of the season so we can get something good for him. You can see the teams identity is starting to change. The young guys are making it their team now. If Benning can get a couple of good free agents, and Tryamkin,Pedan and Larson work out. And of course we stay away from injuries. I think we are back in the playoffs next year. We are doing lots of little things right.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Top line - Daniel, Vey, Etem

Second line - Bearcheese, Granlund, Jake

Third line - Gaunce, Bo, Dorset

Forth line - Burr, McCann

Yeah there's been a bit of turnover in the lineup.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper wrote:Top line - Daniel, Vey, Etem

Second line - Bearcheese, Granlund, Jake

Third line - Gaunce, Bo, Dorset

Forth line - Burr, McCann

Yeah there's been a bit of turnover in the lineup.
Yes its good to see really., I just got back from Thailand and saw the game on TV ..
had been listening to shorty on radio.. I hardly recognized the team but was impressed
by the young players .. fun to watch
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice