GDT: WhatTheDuck? @ Canucks 7:00 18/02/16

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: GDT: WhatTheDuck? @ Canucks 7:00 18/02/16

Post by Jovocop »

Two nice hits by Virtanen. Two nice goals set up by the Sedins... Game on.

Damn Cracknell...
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Most impressive rookie on this team: Hutton. By fucking far.

Most promising player on this team: Horvat. By fucking far.

Who drafted those two bums again? I forget.

Retards. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Better Bieksa than Kesler I guess.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rumsfeld wrote:Most impressive rookie on this team: Hutton. By fucking far.

Who traded for Markstrom? Found Tanev?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Most impressive rookie on this team: Hutton. By fucking far.

Who traded for Markstrom? Found Tanev?
Built an affordable and stacked team that was far and wide the best in Canucks history and statistically the best in modern NHL history?

I dunno Wids, pretty sure it was Hamburglar Nonis who should get the credit for all that. Gillis is the worst thing that ever happened to the Vancouver Canucks.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

#TankitBennaling!

Man, our old buddy Kes takes out Jake the Snake with a big hit and then waves goodbye to him. Embarassing, kid should be in juniors. I still remember when Kassassian laid the body on Kes last year and knocked him down... it was awesome. :lol:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya, Gillis gets too much blame in some quarters. Now his draft record is pretty abysmal, to say the least. A huge failing. And he did inherit a pretty good team. But he kept that team together and built a pretty solid run.

His second failing, and who knows if it was all him, was in not retooling on the go once we lost out in 2011. But his overall record is not as bad as some would believe. The Linden/Benning transition philosophy would have served Gillis well.

Which brings us to Benning. While he may not be the genius some would say he certainly isn't the worst thing to happen for this franchise. Blob has it almost right in saying 5/10 ish.

I give him higher marks than 5/10, a 7-8, but by no means perfect. A few bad contracts but not boat anchors. Giving up a few too many draft picks to get deals done but no firsts, yet. Gave up some seconds but not right offs. Vey can go but Sven looks to be a legit top six. Given the early returns on his drafting, and it is far too early to be definitive on that, we need hindsight, I would like to see him get more picks, in any round.

Nonis's biggest accomplishment to me is saying fuck no to water boy and getting fired for it, well that and missing the playoffs.

All of this extremist rhetoric is tiresome. We need to cut the head off the extremist, blinder wearing, posturing polarized extreme extremist view points, I think anyway.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:#TankitBennaling!

Man, our old buddy Kes takes out Jake the Snake with a big hit and then waves goodbye to him. Embarassing, kid should be in juniors. I still remember when Kassassian laid the body on Kes last year and knocked him down... it was awesome. :lol:

It's a tough one Todd. Both Virtanen and McCann were obviously not ready for the NHL and if eligible would have been in Utica all season. Hard to argue though that the one year developing in the NHL will not bode well moving forward. They are not the problem on this team. And for a fan base arguing to get younger, and we're ok tanking if it means getting younger and having higher draft picks, well we have proven we don't mean it.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Sell everyone, go for youth, tank with a vengeance.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Didn't Kesler get knocked down by Virtanen? I finally know why Ladd hates Kesler so much.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:

It's a tough one Todd. Both Virtanen and McCann were obviously not ready for the NHL and if eligible would have been in Utica all season. Hard to argue though that the one year developing in the NHL will not bode well moving forward. They are not the problem on this team. And for a fan base arguing to get younger, and we're ok tanking if it means getting younger and having higher draft picks, well we have proven we don't mean it.
We have?
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:

Didn't Kesler get knocked down by Virtanen? I finally know why Ladd hates Kesler so much.
Kesler is hilarious. He goes at Virtanen, catches the kid with his head down and tries to make it a big hit. Kesler lands on his ass, but Jake felt it more because he didn't expect it.

Kesler gives him a little wave good-bye.

Ummm.....Ryan.....you blind-sided a kid and ended up on your ass. You got tooled bud.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

We have?
Benning is doing exactly what tank nation says it wants. He's getting rid of vets, trade, waive, demote. He's playing the kids more and more. But tank nation is still upset because he isn't doing it right I guess. This market claims to want a tear down, a rebuild but when we are given that we call him incompetent. We can't stomach the losing but claim we want to lose to draft as high as possible. Just imagine if Benning had done it all at once instead of over two years. We really can't stomach what's happening. We somehow think he should have been able to trade all of our vets for firsts all the while finishing last but still winning a cup.

Common sense dictates that rebuilding takes time. Doesn't matter how you go about it. We still have a few years to go. In the absence of drafting franchise type players back to back to back, even drafting top five back to back to back, takes time.

Ya he should have tanked last year, this year and maybe shoot for a tank next year right?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Meds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

We have?
Benning is doing exactly what tank nation says it wants. He's getting rid of vets, trade, waive, demote. He's playing the kids more and more. But tank nation is still upset because he isn't doing it right I guess. This market claims to want a tear down, a rebuild but when we are given that we call him incompetent. We can't stomach the losing but claim we want to lose to draft as high as possible. Just imagine if Benning had done it all at once instead of over two years. We really can't stomach what's happening. We somehow think he should have been able to trade all of our vets for firsts all the while finishing last but still winning a cup.

Common sense dictates that rebuilding takes time. Doesn't matter how you go about it. We still have a few years to go. In the absence of drafting franchise type players back to back to back, even drafting top five back to back to back, takes time.

Ya he should have tanked last year, this year and maybe shoot for a tank next year right?
That's not what he's done at all. He's clung onto vets until they're worth nothing and gunned for the playoffs with a garbage team, all while trading shitloads of draft picks.

What fucking "tear down"? He hasn't torn down shit and when he finally does it will be too late to get any value back. Who the fuck expects him to win a Cup this year? Hyperbole much? Nobody in "tank nation" would complain if there was a clear path to the future. Sell assets to compete oh wait we're rebuilding now lol. What we're watching is a colossal clusterfuck and the entire world sees it plain as day. Linden and Benning are obvious idiots and have set our rebuild back at least two years by denying it was necessary in the first place.

The excuses made on this site are fucking disgusting when they're not hilarious. When we still suck in five years maybe this shit will resonate. Topper doesn't think there's anything unusual about Willie putting Vey and Dorsett out after icings in the playoffs. Sbisa was on the ice for over half our goals against versus Calgary but he's a stalwart. :lol: Ferland made this entire team his bitch and is nobody against the Ducks but Dorsett is an awesome tough guy. :lol: Fucking retard factory.

O really Wids, Gillis should have bigtime retooled a 2011 team which set NHL records and was a game from a Cup? A team that won a President's Trophy the following season with 112 points? Jesus Christ the revisionism, show me one person who said that at the time. :lol: What utter bullshit. I expect better of you HW.

Enjoy getting laughed at by hockey voices east and west until these goobers are sacked. It's hilarious watching the media finally clue in and say all the shit that I've been saying for a year, all while you tards scratch frantically around in your own shit to defend them. Those days are almost done mongos.

Most of your mothers are whores and we'll catch up at the deadline. Tardgaryens. :lol: Fuck you all and you're lucky I even bothered.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

SKYO wrote:Sell everyone, go for youth, tank with a vengeance.
Up and down like a whores pants
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”