GDT 28/12/15 Kings @ Canucks 7PM SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT 28/12/15 Kings @ Canucks 7PM SNP

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I can't figure out how so many passes get picked off by these guys. They obviously have the book on every move the Canucks make and it takes 5 touches by vcr just to do a dump in for fuck sakes.
I'm with the dude on Higgins and even Burrows now. Those 2 have dropped at least a step probably 2 in the past 2 years. Zero turnovers on the forecheck by 14 or 20....time to bring in something new to those roster spots but will anyone want them?

It's hard to fathom a team wanting either of them until next season TDD when they are on expiring contracts. Depth rentals for the playoffs with very minimal return for the Canucks. But right now I'm all for seeing Grenier and Gaunce in their place.
The only HW the Canucks need
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

5thhorseman wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Awesome these assholes just said Prust is going nowhere this season . Please don't re up him Elmer you're fu king scaring me .

They were talking about Biega when they said that. Benning said he won't be leaving Vancouver this season.
They also said that Biega is playing almost 18 minutes a night! Great to see the 'kid' get a chance and love his bulldog style. Pedan playing with a mean streak, working over anyone in front of the net. Mobile too!
Ok sorry I thought they said Prust was here for the year . I have zero problem with Biega as a 7/8 d man when all the guys are healthy . He is better than Weber and has earned a long look .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The thing with Prust is that MP has a career in Montreal she has major contractual obligations too. I see him trying to sign with an eastern based team in the off season. His agent has said he will wait until July so I don't think they are even talking. Now if Benning offers him a Dorsett type contract that might change a lot of things. :mrgreen:

Kings won't be talking to Lucic about extending until Kopitar is done and they may not have the money to re-sign him, depending upon the cap increase. I'm told Benning has his fingers crossed he makes it until July 1st and will go hard after him if he does.

My point, I doubt he extends Prust or Vrbata as he will need the money yo chase Lucic
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The kings are the Sedins kryptonite. Plain and simple
Yeah it's the Sedins fault they are surrounded by an AHL roster .

Give me a break .
Relax Archie Bunker, I'm a massive Sedin fan
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I hope he lets Bartkowski walk too.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Any idea why WD dressed Vey + Higgins instead of Cracknell + Kenins in a game vs the Dirt Kings at this point?

Anyone? :(
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A 4-0 game, why is Hank still playing?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Any idea why WD dressed Vey + Higgins instead of Cracknell + Kenins in a game vs the Dirt Kings at this point?

None Doc. A stumper for sure.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Hockey Widow wrote:I hope he lets Bartkowski walk too.
Yeah I don't want to see him back but he is serviceable in a depth role . They can probably get a 5th or 6th for him from a playoff team. This teams problem is they have a gaggle of 6/7 d man . Three top 4 guys and it drops off a cliff . Hutton should become a top 4 guy in the next year or so .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Strangelove wrote:Any idea why WD dressed Vey + Higgins instead of Cracknell + Kenins in a game vs the Dirt Kings at this point?

Trying to throw the game?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks should let Vrbata, Bartkowski and Prust walk. Re-up Hamhius cause we have zero other options on defence, promote Pedan permanently and use the money freed up from Vrbata and Prust on Lucic and an ELC contract like Virtanen

Sedin, Sedin, Hansen
Lucic, McCann Virtanen
Dorsett, Sutter ????
Baertschi, Horvat ????

Edler Tanev
Hamhius Pedan
Sbisa Hutton
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I guess the refs got a talking too about not blowing the play dead when Hamhuis took a puck to the face. Twice tonight a quick whistle, first when Higgins took a high slap shot then when Hutton gets a puck to the shield.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

So is this Lucic banter based on anything more than speculation due to their time in Boston or has there been a rumblings Mr Christian?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

I hope WD starts scratching some of the vets.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This is painful, reminds me of the Tanti, Sundstrum, Skriko era with ole Garth Butcher and Michel Petit and JJ Daigneault manning the blue line. After we traded Neely, before we drafted Linden