Canucks vs Bolts Dec 22 4:30 PM Spn

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs Bolts Dec 22 4:30 PM Spn

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blobby urinates the bedroom because he says we are paying Sutter $700 k too much but is OK with paying Garrison $4.6 million (full NTC, if he was still a Canuck) right on through the 2017-2018 season when he is 34. LMAO. Nevermind the eventual Vey, I would have gladly taken nothing back from Tampa for taking that boat anchor off our books.
They did take nothing back in the form of salary . They got a valuable draft pick that they could have used to help replenish the putrid prospect pool . Then Ignitowski flipped the pick for Linden Vey which was a very dumb move .I had zero problem moving Garrison but the sequence of events that followed it were brutal . Flipping the pick for the useless Vey and re-upping Sbisa for a mere million less than Garrison . But if Luca comes back strong and continues to play like Luca he will undoubtedly help this team get into the top 5 . Go Luca!
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Bobby never moaned once about the absolute shite Garrison contract when he was a Canuck. Even though he makes $1'mill more than Sbisa. The same way he never moaned about Gillis giving up a first round pick of all things for Ballards $4.2 million per and taking ownership of Booths $4.5 million per. Why did he not moan then? Cause they are Gillis guys. He goes on about trading the 2nd for Vey but NEVER EVER has once moaned about giving up a first round pick for buyout Ballard. Go figure

We should just thank our lucky stars Garrison waived his NTC when asked

Gillis six 2nd round draft picks. Traded 3 of them away and drafted Rodin, Sauve and Mallet. If he's so angry at Benning for giving up a 2nd for Vey I can't for the life of me figure out why he never moaned about Gillis work with 2nd round picks

Blobbys favourite Gillis 2nd round pick trades. The 2nd and 3rd he gave up for stone hands Bernier and the 2nd and Connauton( 2nd round pick by the Canucks and now playin with Comumbus)he gave up for a month of Derek Roy. LOL. I can't remember, where is Roy now?

Wow in the end we actually gave up a 1st, 2nd, and a 3rd(Bernier)and another 1st(Grabner) for buyout Ballard. Ouch. Nice work Gillis, but all good with Blobby
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I totally have trashed Gillis's drafting and Cheeseburgulars before him . Selective reading on your part . Go back and see that I wanted Damon Severson instead of Mallet . I also wanted Burrows to walk - not sign that brutal contract . But if you need to make shit up I get it because Tina you are getting worked here . Just remember we don't need another hero my friend .

Btw Garrison is a better player at 4.6 than Sbisa is at 3.6 but neither of them would be on my team if I had a choice . Sbisa is much better for the tank however . Go Luca !
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

My world must be coming to an end!! Listened to Gallaguer's rant at noon today. Couldn't agree with him more.That was one of the most disgusting displays of refereeing since the 2011 play-offs. They tried their best to hand that game to Tampa. Good on the Canucks for persevering.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Btw Garrison is a better player at 4.6 than Sbisa is at 3.6 but neither of them would be on my team if I had a choice . Sbisa is much better for the tank however . Go Luca !

What kind of PoCo logic is that?

So you are cool with wasting 4.6 million against the cap on a player you don't want vs $3.6 million on Sbisa whom you don't want either. That's like saying, "I'd rather be $100,000 in debt than $10,000 in debt. Why not take the cheaper of the two players you hate? One would think that would be the logical move in a cap era of the NHL

Sbisa's no NTC contract totals $10.8 million but you'd rather be committed to $16.8 million more for Garrison's contract total - $27.6 million with a full NTC? Go big or go home I guess.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:
Gillis six 2nd round draft picks. Traded 3 of them away and drafted Rodin, Sauve and Mallet. If he's so angry at Benning for giving up a 2nd for Vey I can't for the life of me figure out why he never moaned about Gillis work with 2nd round picks
Rödin is leading the SHL this season in points (32 in 26 GP) and goals (15), is captain of his SHL team and a regular on the national team. I'm pretty sure he will play for the Canucks next season, so probably not a bust after all, just a late developer. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Rödin is leading the SHL this season in points (32 in 26 GP) and goals (15), is captain of his SHL team and a regular on the national team. I'm pretty sure he will play for the Canucks next season, so probably not a bust after all, just a late developer. 8-)
I remember the excitement of Dane Fox, some even suggested he be the next Brett Hull. Apparently Subban is the next Brian Rafalski, but the pint sized version.

I ain't holding my breath
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

What kind of PoCo logic is that?

So you are cool with wasting 4.6 million against the cap on a player you don't want vs $3.6 million on Sbisa whom you don't want either. That's like saying, "I'd rather be $100,000 in debt than $10,000 in debt. Why not take the cheaper of the two players you hate? One would think that would be the logical move in a cap era of the NHL

Sbisa's no NTC contract totals $10.8 million but you'd rather be committed to $16.8 million more for Garrison's contract total - $27.6 million with a full NTC? Go big or go home I guess.
I guess I have to dumb it down for you . Garrison is a top 4 guy on most teams and even at his high salary with a ntc he fetched a second round pick with no salary coming back . Sbisa is a 6/7 d man who if traded would see a garbage contract coming back to the Canucks . His salary is effectively a no trade clause . Garrison is a better player and he has more value on the open market . I don't like either of them but if you made me pick one I would take Garry at a million more and alter my roster somewhere else because he is a superior player and he has a bit of value . You could maybe get a cheaper third line centre or cheaper goalie whatever .
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A superior player? LOL. Stop it. Please, you're offcially losing it.
sk8er
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Garrison was horrible last game, especially on the winning goal...he waved his stick at henrik, then skated away, then stood in no mans land while Danny finished off the play....no thanks to garrison....
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

As I said sk8teball I don't like either player but one guy actually has value and his name isn't Luca. If Beniing wanted to trade Sbisa he'd have to take back a Clarkson , Lecavalier or Macdonald type deal . That's how this player is viewed throughout the league .
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:A superior player? LOL. Stop it. Please, you're offcially losing it.
He's superior to Sbisa. And he fetched a 2nd rounder . Sbisa would maybe fetch a 5th or 6th if we retained 50%
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hate to interrupt the Blob/Dude Dog and Pony show but just checked stats at ESPN..

Canucks are 23rd for goals against .. 22nd for goals for..
PP is 22nd .. PK Is 22nd... Soooooooooooo We gotta get worse to get a top pick or
better to get a playoff spot... right now we are sitting in 3rd spot in the division..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice