GDT 03/12/15 Stars @ Canucks 7:00pm SN360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT 03/12/15 Stars @ Canucks 7:00pm SN360

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah this team is a work in progress. Lindennng inherited a mess that is going to take awhile to fix. It's our turn to rebuild. Just a shitty part of the cycle we are in that every team goes through. At least we got a proper talent prospector at the helm in bird dog scout Benning to rebuild through the draft with, something Gillis was completely clueless about, hence our current level of play

Tank for Mathhews, Tkachuk, puljujarvi, Laine, Chychrun, Sergachyov, McLeod, Jones, Dubios, Gauthier
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nice goal Hansen.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

lol Weber/Hamhuis making that really easy on Sharp when you just keep backing up onto your own goalie.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:Yeah this team is a work in progress. Lindennng inherited a mess that is going to take awhile to fix. It's our turn to rebuild. Just a shitty part of the cycle we are in that every team goes through. At least we got a proper talent prospector at the helm in bird dog scout Benning to rebuild through the draft with, something Gillis was completely clueless about, hence our current level of play

Tank for Mathhews, Tkachuk, puljujarvi, Laine, Chychrun, Sergachyov, McLeod, Jones, Dubios, Gauthier
RD - I agree 100% with ya buddy.

PS - Edler still sucks
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

By Christmas we should be out of our misery.
The only HW the Canucks need
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

So, why does the league hate us?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:By Christmas we should be out of our misery.
15 shots at home. I couldn't imagine paying money to watch that garbage.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:By Christmas we should be out of our misery.
15 shots at home. I couldn't imagine paying money to watch that garbage.
Well, the Hansen goal was nice... :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

One 1st line & three 4th lines, AHL-caliber defence, injuries, bottom minute players playing top player minutes, overmatched rookies, vets that should have been moved showing decline… what should we be expecting?

A high draft pick.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Mondi wrote:For the first time in about 16 or 17 seasons, this team is starting to lose me. Not interested in these games, such a dull squad.
I hate to admit it, but I find I have the game on far too often "in the background" and I'm not really paying attention. It's weird because I like watching the new players that have made the team. Earlier this week I was watching them lose 4-0 to the Ducks and I actually wanted to turn the game off, which is something I haven't done in a long, long time. I was too mentally incapacitated to do anything about it though. :|
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What's been going on at the Rog? That was some of the worst ice I've seen there since the Grizz left town. Unable to skate with the Stars, it killed the Canuck passing game. While many of the ugly turnovers were bad passes, many were passes that died in the snow.

Two minutes was the right call on Kenins, possibly even a bit severe. He dropped to a knee to slow in an effort to avoid contact and Sceviour turned into it.

Ryan Miller has been the Canuck's MVP so far this season with Henrik not far behind. Through piss poor defence he has held the team in to close scoring contests. Henrik is doing what he did in 09-10 when Daniel went down with a broken foot. Quietly carrying the team on his back.
Last edited by Topper on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

It is odd, I want the team to lose only to get a top draft pick and move the core to obtain more picks/prospects. The reason I am not interested in this team right now is that they have too many core players still there.

I don't sit down to watch every game but they are on in the back ground and if I am in the car I listen to them on the radio. I know this team will go through bad patches, it is to be expected with so much youth, we cant have it both ways, a rebuild and win games so we need to understand that there will be stinkers like we have seen.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Sedins are carrying the team again. By my count, over the last 10 games, of 22 goals, only 5 have not involved a Sedin. Hopefully this will balance itself out with secondary scoring picking up when the Sedins eventually come down to earth or we could be heading into a proper slump. A lot depends on the Horvat and McCann lines finding some chemistry and chipping in a few goals, hence the recent reuniting of Horvat/Kenins and McCann/Prust. Finding a suitable short-term replacement for Sutter in the middle of the season just ain't gonna happen.
Last edited by 5thhorseman on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'd rather Benning and the scouting deptartment focus their hard work over the next two years on scouting draft prospects than figuring out how to stop a runaway train. Let it roll where it has to, scout, scout, scout and puleeeeease do not waste picks on reclamation journeymen projects to patch a leak. Don't even bother, the fans are not interested.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote:The Sedins are carrying the team again. By my count, over the last 10 games, of 22 goals, only 5 have not involved a Sedin. Hopefully this will balance itself out with secondary scoring picking up when the Sedins eventually come down to earth or we could be heading into a proper slump. A lot depends on the Horvat and McCann lines finding some chemistry and chipping in a few goals, hence the recent reuniting of Horvat/Kenins and McCann/Prust. Finding a suitable short-term replacement for Sutter in the middle of the season just ain't gonna happen.
Horvat and McCann are over their heads in 2nd and 3rd line duty just trying to play responsibly let alone turning it loose offensively.

The loss of right handed centre Sutter has been huge. The Canucks were near the top in face off percentages with Sutter taking draws on his side, with Horvat and Henrik pressed into faceoff duty on their off sides, percentages have plummeted.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.