GDT 24/10/15 Wings@ Canucks 7:00pm CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT 24/10/15 Wings@ Canucks 7:00pm CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

lostinarink wrote:I blame this loss on HW. Last they won, she called a SO. They got their SO. Now she refuses to call the SO and they throw away the lead in the 3rd.

Obviously it is your fault HW!

I was gonna do it but got scared.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Desjardins reminds me of a Tom Renney or Tom Watt . A good minor league or junior coach but he doesn't appear to have the chops to cut it in the bigs . What the hell are Prust and Dorsett doing on the ice in the last minute of a 2-2 game ?
Just maybe they are playing a lot better than Danny and Vrbata ? Danny is shooting at 6% .. Vrbata @ 3% even though they got the best center on the team ( Hank ) feeding them pucksand neither play well defensively.. .. F... our first line sucks..Same damm thing on the PP.. no finish for the 1st unit..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Sedins and Vrbata had a bushel full of chances in the first two periods but no puck luck. They are ten times the defensive players Prust and Dorsett are . They have the puck most of the time so there's that . Prust and Dorsett hardly ever have it so I guess to some people they appreciate how hard they work to get it back but it doesn't make them good defensive players .

lol Virtanen with five minutes of icetime . Not even getting a fair shake so just send him back and be done with it already .
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hard to fathom how crappy the pacific division is looking right now. I know it's early but San Jose, Arizona and Canucks the top 3 teams?

Really can't stand Willies coaching right now, extremely gutless. I thought this guy was supposed to be good with the kids??? Virtanen has no confidence out there thanks to WD, he's helping Horvat have the classic sophomore jinx, McCann has a little more fight back but you can see his nervousness out there. We need a proper coach for this transition, one that doesn't destroy the confidence of these kids.Pruss and Dorsett are not the future, the first line is the Old Man line, the sooner we get these kids acclimated the better otherwise it's going to be a miserable few yeas here.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Tiger wrote: Danny is shooting at 6% .. Vrbata @ 3% even though they got the best center on the team ( Hank ) feeding them puck
Dan has been shooting at about 8.5% since the Duncan Keith cheap shot. He's not actually under performing by much.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

lostinarink wrote:I blame this loss on HW. Last they won, she called a SO. They got their SO. Now she refuses to call the SO and they throw away the lead in the 3rd.

Obviously it is your fault HW!
YARRR....

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

I have to say, I am not a fan of wee willie's at all. He lacks objectivity on player assessment, with his select favorites based on misplaced loyalty, and, appears to be to afraid for his job to give the young guns an adequate chance to prove themselves and build their confidence by playing more.. Not overly impressed
more cap space!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The guy is not afraid of losing his job. He just wants to win and is trying to coach that way.

What surprised me about him almost from day one was/is his reluctance to go with youth. Like most here I thought that was why he was hired, to coach a new breed of Canuck. His reluctance last year to have an 18 year old in the lineup caught me off guard. His shortening of the bench, this year, I get to a point. It's just opposit of what I expected. I tend to think he has been spoken to. The backlash after the Washington game was loud and he rolled 4 lines a lot more against Detroit.

But it's not about him coaching scared and afraid of losing his job it's about doing what he thinks will help the team win. I just wonder how he survived as long as he did as a minor league and junior coach. I guess all the players were more or less on the same level and perhaps he went with his older and more experienced players at those levels too.

Hopefully we, and the players, will have a clearer indication of what the team will look like in a couple weeks.

All coaches go through it. It took a couple years for the Bruins to trust Seguin, the leaves to trust Kadri and Drouin still isn't getting the ice time he wants. We went through this with CoHo too. WD isn't doing anything differently from what most coaches do. I think the frustration really gets back to our impatience to turn the page and begin anew.
The only HW the Canucks need