GDT: 13/10/15 Canucks @ Kings 7:30pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 13/10/15 Canucks @ Kings 7:30pm SN

Post by 2Fingers »

I hate it when the team players better than they should, you have it all set up in your mind that they will barely make the playoffs and they go ahead and get 7 of 8 points.

We enjoy it while we can eh.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Reefer2 wrote:I hate it when the team players better than they should, you have it all set up in your mind that they will barely make the playoffs and they go ahead and get 7 of 8 points.

We enjoy it while we can eh.
You can you imagine how great the team would be if Vey was playing :lol:
Good thing we got Sbpizza though. He is holding the whole team together :drink: :?:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Sbisa had a strong game tonight. In fact, except the occasional shift our whole D did. And how about the PK. 6 minutes of near consequetive penalty minutes and all we gave up was one shot.

That was just a downright good win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

And to all the haters out there: Edler named first star of the game... :drink:

:thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Miller with the shut out!!!!!

7-8 points to start to year.

Great game. Really limited the shots by both Anaheim and LA. The curse is dead.
I fully retract my thoughts. :P
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

How long has it been since we pulled a road trip of any kind through California and left with 100% of the available points?
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A very solid performance by our D and the 4th line..
Sbiza has played very well for the last couple of games..
Hamhuis got better as the game progressed,
Edler was ok defensively. Tanev logged a ton of ice time
PP sucked.. PK excellent .
Hansen with another assist ... 4 assists in 4 games :)
Not much to say about Virtanen = a couple good hits
Miller not busy except for a few minutes after the 6 minutes of PP and looked cool all game !

So // Cracknell on pace for a 41 goal season ? :lol:
Hansen on pace for 82 points ( all of them assists ) :hmmm:
and the Canucks on top of the Pacific Division !! :thumbs:
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Per wrote:And to all the haters out there: Edler named first star of the game... :drink:

:thumbs:
ha, this team definitely plays better with Edler in the lineup, helps the other canucks dmen play in a more suitable role as in not taking on too much responsibility than they are capable of.

Edler - Tanev our best dmen by far (obviously), Hamhuis and yes even Sbisa playing well, Bartkowski is a good depth guy.
Hutton still learning on the job.

-

Yup I remember that meds, the former Canucks team used to get rocked by the big Cali teams, and now we are winning vs them?

Liking Sutter's intangibles, speed, reliability etc that really helps break a big defense down.

Rookies still adjusting, but we are still only in October, so it's expected, but what they do bring is some talent at all lines, and that infectious youthful enthusiasm that has re-invigorated the ol' vets like Hansen, Burrows, Sedins.

Surrounding these young guys with proven vets is fun to see as well Vrbata uber skill guy, those shots will eventually start popping in that he keeps getting on net,

Prust earning his stripes, quality fella, hard worker who'll break his back(Scarface line) for this team.

Cracknell the 4th line center we've been searching for, for 45 years ha.

#MillerTime
Last edited by SKYO on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds »

Tiger wrote: Hansen on pace for 82 points ( all of them assists ) :hmmm:
83 points actually.....he scored the opening goal against the Flames in Calgary.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

The LA forecheck is not what it was a couple of seasons ago. I don't know whether it's that the Canucks just have better puck moving d now or LA's hard hitting style has worn the players down but it just feels different. Also Lucic seemed to be too late to the party to effectively forecheck like LA typically has over the past few seasons.

Sbisa is digging his way out of the dog house. Good hits and he's playing within his skill set.

What a bomb by edler

Virtanen had a few good licks in including a hit on doughty that wasn't discussed much. He tended to throw the puck away to the front of the net though where he could have kept the play alive a bit longer.

Hansen is not just putting points up he's being extremely effective every shift
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Can't underestimate the importance of these early points. We all know it will get tougher as the year goes on. I liked tonight's line up and hope we see the same against the Blues. Give Jake a few games to get him going.

I really like the start the twins have had this year. And I really enjoyed watching Burrows on their line again. As a team we are stronger with Sutter as a centre. That may mean McCann gets sent back to junior but so be it. He still has some games to play here I think but overall I like the team better with Sutter at centre.

I like how WD is mixing up their starts. Will keep them both with the club a little longer that way. Maybe when we play the leaves we will see all our rookies play in the same game :mrgreen: seriously, we need an easy game to see that I think. Put the kid line together again and see if they can disinter that pre-season magic, at least try it Willie.

This was one of the better games we have played against the Kings in a long time. Have to wonder if there are other drug related issues in that dressing room. Too much partying over the last few years??
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Meds wrote:
83 points actually.....he scored the opening goal against the Flames in Calgary.
Oooops my mistake but still 1 goal and 3 assists puts him on pace for 82 :)
He is also team points leader ( today ) and team +/- leader at + 7
Cracknell is top goal scorer ..
and as of now the Canucks are on top of the Western Conference and 2nd in the League !!

Maybe no lottery pick this year but one hell of an entertaining team..

( Does anyone else get the impression we would be better off playing ALL our games on the road ? )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tiger wrote:
Meds wrote:
Oooops my mistake but still 1 goal and 3 assists puts him on pace for 82 :)
He is also team points leader ( today ) and team +/- leader at + 7
Cracknell is top goal scorer ..
and as of now the Canucks are on top of the Western Conference and 2nd in the League !!

Maybe no lottery pick this year but one hell of an entertaining team..

( Does anyone else get the impression we would be better off playing ALL our games on the road ? )
Watch Edmonton get the first overall pick again. Maybe we should trade then Hamhuis for a first now!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

SKYO wrote:Liking Sutter's intangibles, speed, reliability etc that really helps break a big defense down.
What comes to my mind reading this: How's Pittsburgh doing without him? :mrgreen:
Best example it's not always about point production...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
SKYO wrote:Liking Sutter's intangibles, speed, reliability etc that really helps break a big defense down.
What comes to my mind reading this: How's Pittsburgh doing without him? :mrgreen:
Best example it's not always about point production...

Bonino

3 games, 0 points, shit in F/O

Clendenning

0 games, 8th Dman who needs to clear waivers if sent down.

Corrado

0 games, 8th Dman who needs to clear waivers if sent down.

Great development opportunities and ice time for both Clendenning and Corrado.