Preseason GDT: 29/9/15 Canucks@Sharks 7:30pm SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Preseason GDT: 29/9/15 Canucks@Sharks 7:30pm SN1

Post by Hockey Widow »

These are they guys that got on the plane. Don't know lines or D pairings yet. Imagine Miller starts as it is a back to back. Looks like Hansen has been found.

Horvat,Gaunce,Virtanen,Vey,Dorsett,Prust,Hansen,McCann,Grenier,Kenins,Cracknell,Baertschi

Edler,Tanev,Hutton,Biega,Bartowski,Corrado.

Markstrom,Miller

The rest of the vets practiced a ton of PP today back at Rogers Arena.

The Sharks are icing pretty well their opening day roster. A big test tonight for the kids, back to back, a travel day and against a NHL roster. Willie putting them to the test.

The fact that Vey is in SJ and not back at Rogers Arena is good news to me. He is being pushed and IMHO needs to really step up.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Preseason GDT: 29/9/15 Canucks@Sharks 7:30pm SN1

Post by 5thhorseman »

Holy smokes that's a lot of kids in the line-up. We're gonna get smoked!!! Seriously, the only old hands are Dorsett, Prust, and Hansen.

Are we the only team not settled on our opening day roster and still entertaining half a dozen prospects, instead of working on special teams and line combinations? Sounds a bit dangerous. I don't recall ever having watched much pre-season, but this year I have not missed one game! I gotta say it sure is exciting to see these kids go for it!
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

5thhorseman wrote: Are we the only team not settled on our opening day roster and still entertaining half a dozen prospects, instead of working on special teams and line combinations?
It's been mentioned that many of the vets would not be doing much travelling so this isnt a surprise. The only reason Miller is going is that we kinda need that 2nd goalie, just in case.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It's the poison we have been clamouring for, let the kids play. The team does have its vets back home practicing PP.

I think with all the back to backs this preseason it was smart to keep so many players on the roster. The seasoned vets don't need nine preseason games and they don't need to kill themselves with all the back to backs.

If we wern't letting all these kids play we would be bitching about that. As well, as pointed out in another thread, our Utica team is in France. We have to let these guys play somewhere. And really the only two left that have junior eligibility are Virtanen and McCann, both of whom deserve to get the extra chance.

I would imagine that in the last two preseason games we will see more of a starting roster take shape. Or maybe not. The twins may not travel until the season starts.

We know the twins, Burrows, Vrbata, Prust, Horvat, Dorsett and Sutter will be on the roster. It's the other spots that are up for grabs. We can assume Baertschi will get a spot. The way some of these kids have player there could be 3-5 positions that are a dog fight. Gotta test these kids in what should be a challenging game. If they are going to bump the likes of Vey, Hansen, Higgins we have to know how well they can step up, we know what the vets bring.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

1-0 Canucks.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:1-0 Canucks.
:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Coaches want to see what rookie(s) will be left standing after this shit kicking the SJ veterans will do pretty quick.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

5thhorseman wrote:Holy smokes that's a lot of kids in the line-up. We're gonna get smoked!!! Seriously, the only old hands are Dorsett, Prust, and Hansen.

Are we the only team not settled on our opening day roster and still entertaining half a dozen prospects, instead of working on special teams and line combinations? Sounds a bit dangerous. I don't recall ever having watched much pre-season, but this year I have not missed one game! I gotta say it sure is exciting to see these kids go for it!
Agree.. and think that this is more exciting than the regular season will be.. :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Hockey Widow wrote: I think with all the back to backs this preseason it was smart to keep so many players on the roster. The seasoned vets don't need nine preseason games and they don't need to kill themselves with all the back to backs.
Savin' it for the playoffs.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote:Coaches want to see what rookie(s) will be left standing after this shit kicking the SJ veterans will do pretty quick.
And the ones that don't make it won't feel too bad about getting sent down.
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Thought I'd listen in to the pre-game show for the first time in a while...did I really hear them wonder how the team will "adapt" without Higgins in the opening night line up??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A player takes a puck to the face and is bleeding profusely and no whistle. I thought that was automatic, you blow the fucking whistle, especially in a preseason game. Looks like Gaunce will be ok, cut lip, bloody nose. But the kid stays on his feet. Of course if he had gone down, with all that blood, they would have blown the fucking whistle.

And Tanev throws a cruncher. Too bad it was an illegal hit. But it's the Sharks so all is good.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Linden Vey, where pucks go to die!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Why would you have Horvat, McCann and PRUST on the PP?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Virtanen causes shit and a turnover, right to McCann with a beauty of a shot. McCann has to make this team. Pure goal scorer.