Preseason GDT 9/25 Canucks at Bountiful - 6pm - SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: Preseason GDT 9/25 Canucks at Bountiful - 6pm - SN1

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Think it's safe to sleep through the entire preseason

As long as I force myself to believe that we don't have Sbisa, Vey, Sutter touch the puck I think I will be okay.

There has to be some particular issues the players are working on during preseason games right? Because it just doesn't seem like so.

The team is boring and is sucking a big time, even for preseason games
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Perhaps with more of an NHL line up there will be something to get excited about tomorrow? Absolutely nothing to be excited about so far, except Markstrom has looked pretty solid.
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Goods:
Shinkaruk showing drive and efforts
Virtanen and that shot
Bart does more than expected
Markstrom will be ok.

Bads:

Sutter does nothing
Vey does nothing
Sbisa does too many things
Baertschi is quiet

Who will be sent packing today?

Oh, it's definitely going to be a long long long long season for us with Sbisa and Vey night in night out
and Sutter too. But it will take some time for him to gel in anyway.
Last edited by CrzyCanuck on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

What do you expect when Calgary plays their top guys and we don't even have our top forwards or dmen. Nothing to worry about here except I'm curious as to why Willie would put out vey and Dorsett for ot. Also impressed by Bart this game, a lot of nice rushes.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

JonT21 wrote:What do you expect when Calgary plays their top guys and we don't even have our top forwards or dmen. Nothing to worry about here except I'm curious as to why Willie would put out vey and Dorsett for ot. Also impressed by Bart this game, a lot of nice rushes.
Yeah that Dorsett-Vey combo... It's like when kids showing off their favourite toys collection
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, starting to think that Virtanen's play away from the puck, like anticipation when watching the play is of David Booth IQ levels. Great shot when miraculously finding himself in the position to shoot but getting in those positions to shoot leaves a lot to be desired. He really needs to stop going out of his way to make meaningless hits. Seeing a lot of Raffi Torres, minus the energy (similar as to where they both were drafted and disappointment in lack of offensive intelligence) in Jake, sure hope he ends up better than that

Shinkaruk Bye
Banks Bye
Fedun Bye
Hamilton Bye
Grenier Bye
Cracknell Bye

Like Gaunce
Like Kenins
Like McCann
Like Cassels
Like Hutton

Don't mind Pedan

The Undeserving

Virtanen giftwrapped a job
Sutter giftwrapped a job
Corrado giftwrapped a job
Vey giftwrapped a job
Baerschi giftwrapped a job
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

JonT21 wrote:What do you expect when Calgary plays their top guys and we don't even have our top forwards or dmen. Nothing to worry about here except I'm curious as to why Willie would put out vey and Dorsett for ot. Also impressed by Bart this game, a lot of nice rushes.
Pffft... stupid Willie... trying to coach the team from his iphone at home.

But point taken. Why would those plugs even get a sniff of ice time before a kid like Hunter who looked like he so badly wanted to score a goal in his hometown.
2011..... the one that got away.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

There were about 4-5 good shifts by the Baertschi-Jones-Virtanen line. Lots of jumping on the loose pucks in the offensive zone.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:Yeah, starting to think that Virtanen's play away from the puck, like anticipation when watching the play is of David Booth IQ levels. Great shot when miraculously finding himself in the position to shoot but getting in those positions to shoot leaves a lot to be desired. He really needs to stop going out of his way to make meaningless hits. Seeing a lot of Raffi Torres, minus the energy (similar as to where they both were drafted and disappointment in lack of offensive intelligence) in Jake, sure hope he ends up better than that
Fuck RD - give it a rest really.

a couple freaking no nothing games and you think you know what your talking about.

Wait until the kid(s) play 30 - 40 games before you say anything about how they will become. If your such a damn good judge of players capabilities why don't you get a job as an NHL scout.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

CrzyCanuck wrote:Goods:
Shinkaruk showing drive and efforts
Virtanen and that shot
Bart does more than expected
Keep hearing that online, Shinkaruk had a helluva game. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Jake's best game yet, see if he can keep that up and he may earn 9 games with the club. He and Jones were beginning to click, Shrinkwrap was cherry picking around the perimeter, no impressed. Virtanen made a few slick passes in tight, battled all night and scored with a release from nowhere. Can he do that consistently over an NHL sched?

I didn't mind Vey. You can see he is a lot stronger than last year, not sure what Dorsett and Prust were up to but they were definitely off. I think both had more concentration on the physical over the mental parts of the game.

Sutter, welcome to westcoast hockey, get in there and battle.

Markstrom continues to look like a squid out of water but somehow stops pucks.

Sbisa on the backhand pass to nowhere....yikes. He has to stay on his forehand.

Gaunce is solid, similar to a midseason Horvat last year.

Sven is a space cadet, all that energy, no direction.

Much better effort from a makeshift D over the last game.

Overall, a scrambly mess but the best efforts of the year by many of the kids. Time to cut the crap and get the roster down.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ask and you shall receive.

Cut but invited to Utica camp

Hamilton
Bancks

Assigned to Utica

Shinkaruk
Pedan
Bachman, who cleared waivers