GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Flames - 7pm -

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R1G1 - Canucks host Flames - 7pm -

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Look at the ball lickers on the Central Broadcorping Castration . Either way watching the other two games tonight this one looked like the two shittiest teams in the playoffs. Can't see either team going anywhere this year after this series ends .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Calgary deserved the win.

I think the Canucks are going to fail against this team. I hope I'm wrong. But the way the Flames took over like it was their game makes me think the Canucks are their bitches. Time will tell.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Higgins, Matthias, Bonino, Richardson complete uselessness
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Fuck. Classic Canucks.

Bieksa-Sbisa is a train wreck. That deployment has me seriously questioning JB and WD. I feel like they won get torched in the AHL. Edler-Tanev should be playing 25 mins.

Should have had a big lead in the first. Didn't. Hiller played great. Calgary buried their chances. We did not.

Richardson's line sucked. Weird bringing a guy back from a long layoff for game 1 like that.

Matthias is frustrating. When he's not scoring, he is just a big floater. I think I'd rather Kassian.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

griz wrote:Calgary deserved the win.

I think the Canucks are going to fail against this team. I hope I'm wrong. But the way the Flames took over like it was their game makes me think the Canucks are their bitches. Time will tell.
I agree and what's best is that Calgary will be drafting 8 spots ahead of us cause we love the Regular season and sucking in the playoffs
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We have them where we want them.

We expected a split and we will have it.

Sedins need to get on the score sheet for the Nucks to take this series.

Canucks will still take it in 6 - 7 games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:We have them where we want them.

Thank the heavens for this post now I can rest easy tonight
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

My two biggest disappointments at forward? Higgins and Matthias. Going for a skate like it was a regular season game. No hitting. No bite. Matthias in particular was a HUGE disappointment. How can a guy with that size and skating ability pitch a no hitter like that.

As anyone could have predicted, Sbisa and Bieksa were a tire fire. But I was also surprised how bad Weber looked. Did not stand up well to physical abuse.

Oh well. On to game two in the quietest arena in pro sports.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Look at the ball lickers on the Central Broadcorping Castration . Either way watching the other two games tonight this one looked like the two shittiest teams in the playoffs. Can't see either team going anywhere this year after this series ends .
I agree, none of the Flames or Canucks are getting past the 2nd round, shoulda tanked it this year
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Richardson's line might not have been as good as they needed to be, but c'mon... first game back and he was battling.

Can you imagine the rape-fest that would have been Linden Vey? WD would be a fool to even consider it... so that means we'll probably be seeing his rewards program poster boy soon enough.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I agree with poster above - Weber looked awful tonight. He was by far the worse D man tonight
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:We have them where we want them.

I called six even though I wanted a sweep . Canucks were fine for the first period and first half of the third . They need more puck support though and need to make the quick short passes out of the zone. Calgary is quicker than Vancouver though and the Canucks need way better neutral zone support from the forwards who seemed like they didn't give the d enough help on the back check.

Vancouver should still win this series .
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:Richardson's line might not have been as good as they needed to be, but c'mon... first game back and he was battling.

Can you imagine the rape-fest that would have been Linden Vey? WD would be a fool to even consider it... so that means we'll probably be seeing his rewards program poster boy soon enough.
At least Vey doesn't handle the puck like a hot potato
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Damn, Webs with a costly mistake, dumped it up the middle where there were 3 guys instead of using the boards. BoHo with a nice garbage goal, but had trouble handling that big guy on the game winner. We had some chances to bury the Flames, but they were able to hang around and steal the game. Our guys looked poised and confident during the game, but maybe kind of took a lesser opponent for granted once again. Just didn't see enuff desperation, desire and hustle in our guys.

Good goaltending dual between Lack and Hiller. Lack probably wants another shot on that game tying goal, Hiller was better tonite and played quite a bit better than I expected. He was rock solid, I hope he doesn't steal the series.
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I agree with poster above - Weber looked awful tonight. He was by far the worse D man tonight
No worse than Bieksa or Luca Sbisa