GDT: Canucks at Blackhawks, 5:30pm, SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks at Blackhawks, 5:30pm, SN

Post by Tiger »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm shocked the dude and Mëds aren't in here ranting and raving
Not surprised.. neither the Dude or Mëds like to call down the Hansen and Horvath n Kenins and they were the game goats..
No offence and on the ice for 2 goals against..
Sedin line was ineffective too.. ended with no goals and a -1

And I heard the dammm "Chelsea Dagger" too often :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ottawa got the Hamburgler.

Vancouver got the Turnover Tree.

Didn't the band get back together in Chicago?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm shocked the dude and Mëds aren't in here ranting and raving
Sorry Blobcat. Travelling home. I'll come up with something good for u after I watch it.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Not our best effort.

Horvat with one of his first "rookie mistakes" of the season on the 3rd goal. It was bound to happen eventually (that he's make a mistake and it would end up in our net).

That 2nd goal was such a fluke. Hamhuis had Toews tied up pretty well in front of Lack, the puck hits the crossbar and drops right onto Toews' stick which is pinned between Hamhuis and Lack, all he had to do was flick his wrist on that.

As much as Horvat screwed up on the 3rd goal, Lack went down way to fast. Kruger didn't even throw much of a fake at him, and Lack got caught with a skate on the outside of the post which limited his lateral movement.....not that he would have had much anyhow.

Crawford's 2 big saves in the 3rd were difference makers. I can't stand Crawford, he's a pouter and I question whether or not he would be a legitimate starter on a bottom feeder.

In general the team looked tired and uninspired.

The Sedins need to step things up for the next 2 games at least. Daniel has 2 assists in his last 5 games, Henrik has 1 assist. They are both a minus-4 in that stretch, over which the team has actually gone 2-2-1.

I'm completely done with Matthias. I just can't stomach watching a 6'4" 220lb forward pass on every hit opportunity that is presented to him. Especially against rivals like Chicago. You get a chance to plaster Duncan Keith on the end wall, you take it, you don't just peel off and skate back up ice. He's not a playoff-type of guy. I hope that Benning keeps contract extensions in the preliminary talks phase until we see what he brings when the real season starts.

Face-offs will be our undoing in the post-season. Henrik was 28%, Bo was only 31%, Bonino 40%, and Vey 45%. Horvat with a truly off night. I really have no idea why WD doesn't toss Horvat out on the 1st PP unit. Hank is 45% on the season, and possession off the draw is a huge thing on the PP, especially for a team that struggles to gain the zone the way the Canucks do at times.

Overall a poor effort from top to bottom. Re-group and get ready for the Byfuglien-less Jets on Saturday.....and hope that the 2PM (noon) start doesn't screw us up too badly.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobby is a massive fan of Matthias cause he's A good ole Canadian kid even though the Euros that Blobby hates like the honey badger, Kenins and Sbisa throw the body around Canadian hockey style way more than the big softie - Matthias does

I could care less if Matthias walks this summer, need way more grit from this guy with his body type. Inking Dorsett and Richardson should take priority over Matthias big time. Zero asshole factor in Matthias
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mathias is an asshole....for not being an asshole.... :crazy:

Its going to be too tight to keep him methinks..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I THTILL LUV HORVATH

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:
I'm completely done with Matthias. I just can't stomach watching a 6'4" 220lb forward pass on every hit opportunity that is presented to him. Especially against rivals like Chicago. You get a chance to plaster Duncan Keith on the end wall, you take it, you don't just peel off and skate back up ice. He's not a playoff-type of guy. I hope that Benning keeps contract extensions in the preliminary talks phase until we see what he brings when the real season starts.
If he has a good playoffs, and his new contract is closer to $2 mil that to $4 mil, maybe a good signing.
If he wants to rob the stagecoach after one good season then it's likely goodbye