GDT: AVS @ CANUCKS - 7:00, March 26 - Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: AVS @ CANUCKS - 7:00, March 26 - Sportsnet

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The number of posts that other teams have hit this year is astronomical ? Are you counting lil guy ?

Hi Bingo

Or

Hi Kapil .
It's Pauser or Spidey..... :sly:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:The number of posts that other teams have hit this year is astronomical ? Are you counting lil guy ?

Hi Bingo

Or

Hi Kapil .
It's Pauser or Spidey..... :sly:
oi...the long limbed one doesn't twerk with socks...that's for tall people...and salesmen....
Last edited by Arachnid on Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

griz wrote:
Knuck1111 wrote:The Canucks are absolutely horrible and anyone who disagrees either has not watched very many of their games or does not understand the game. They are slow, sloppy, weak on the puck, weak offensively and weak defensively. In goal they are ok. A non-playoff team who comes in 1-8 on a back to back night out plays a team fighting for their playoff lives is inexcusable. This is a repetitive nightmare as we have seen in recent outings against Buffalo, Arizona and New Jersey to name a few. This team stinks and unfortunately the standings don't reflect it.

This team has had an incredible amount of luck to be where they are. The number of posts that other teams have hit this season is astronomical. This is the year the team really would have benefited from having the standings reflect how awful they are. Had they come in close to last they would obtain an excellent prospect and would have finally blown out the old core and start over. Now they will in all likelihood either squeak into the playoffs and be out in 4 or just miss it. In either case they will not benefit from the deep draft and will likely keep players they otherwise would have shipped, like Mathias and Dorsett who initially looked good but have shown their true colors in the last half of the season. Bening and Linden will really show what they are made of this off-season
Nice first post... :eh:

Let me guess. You just paid for that game?
Third period was good, worth paying for.
First 40 min were not though
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
griz wrote:
Knuck1111 wrote:The Canucks are absolutely horrible and anyone who disagrees either has not watched very many of their games or does not understand the game. They are slow, sloppy, weak on the puck, weak offensively and weak defensively. In goal they are ok. A non-playoff team who comes in 1-8 on a back to back night out plays a team fighting for their playoff lives is inexcusable. This is a repetitive nightmare as we have seen in recent outings against Buffalo, Arizona and New Jersey to name a few. This team stinks and unfortunately the standings don't reflect it.

This team has had an incredible amount of luck to be where they are. The number of posts that other teams have hit this season is astronomical. This is the year the team really would have benefited from having the standings reflect how awful they are. Had they come in close to last they would obtain an excellent prospect and would have finally blown out the old core and start over. Now they will in all likelihood either squeak into the playoffs and be out in 4 or just miss it. In either case they will not benefit from the deep draft and will likely keep players they otherwise would have shipped, like Mathias and Dorsett who initially looked good but have shown their true colors in the last half of the season. Bening and Linden will really show what they are made of this off-season
Nice first post... :eh:

Let me guess. You just paid for that game?
Third period was good, worth paying for.
First 40 min were not though
Brown eye strikes again ....

Anyway, it's obvious
It's the leiderhosen.

Nobody is gonna respect themselves in those little boy pants
The jerseys are cool but pants are so wrong
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Hi Bingo

Or

Hi Kapil .
??
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Glad I got tanked and forgot all about that game.... better retire those Millionaires jerseys because we play like a homeless Listerene addict in them.

The big question is if it will be one of those "lose to a shitty team, win against a good one" weeks coming up. We're at least 2 points up on everyone else that matters but that could be gone real quick with a couple of garbage performances.

Dallas gets the Oilers tonight, and then us tomorrow. We have St Louis and Nashville after them. I'll be watching the Dallas HNIC game from a Calgary bar, then I'm off to get neutered/hitched in Vallarta on Sunday. Won't be thinking a lick about the Canucks but if I come back to games against Arizona/Edmonton deciding our season I won't be shocked.

Keep up the good fight dudes, anyone know where to get good smack without getting your head cut off in PV :mex: ? (looks at Blob, Dude)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Knuck4 ..this team is retooling..if you don't know that then take you diaper rant elsewhere.

I expected an 80 pt year If we were lucky...so while your post has valid criticism it was not unexpected by the fans....the next 1-5 years is what we are waiting for. Finally management with foresight.... Which seems to elude you.

I won't put up with too many of these rants of yours unless you mix in some posts worth reading.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Okay some of us rant when we lose against the lower teams. Let's not rant anymore, it doesn't help, really.

The question that is in my mind is why do they lose games consistently versus lower teams?

Is it the youth which can't play over the team level they are playing against? Or is it because they tried so hard and so focused versus teams of the like of LA, Anaheim, and Winnipeg that they are mentally blown versus the other teams? I think it's more of the later, I guess the way to fix that is increase the depth of the team so they don't need to try so hard. What do you guys think?

Okay side note, those jerseys are AWFUL! I have a hat for the Millionaires, I like it but the whole jersey looks more like pajamas than an hockey uniform. I guess that's why they might have been sleeping tonight. :? :? :?
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Island Nucklehead wrote: then I'm off to get neutered/hitched in Vallarta on Sunday. Won't be thinking a lick about the Canucks but if I come back to games against Arizona/Edmonton deciding our season I won't be shocked.
It's not too late, you still have time to change your mind! Just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house. Will save you a lot of time and agony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4C-t18-Vvs

Vince:
Don't even start with me, Franklin, okay?
You need to walk away from this ASAP.

Will:
What?

Vince:
You need to get out, Frankie.

[weddlng march plays]

This is it. It's now or never. You need to get out of here while you're still single.

Will:
I'm not single.

Vince:
She's yards away, you're single now.

Will:
Oome on, Marissa's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Vince:
Why don't you give that six months. You don't think that'll change? I got a wife, kids.
Do I seem like a happy guy to you,
Frankie?
There's my wife. See that?
Always smiling? Hi, honey. Judging, watching, "Look at the baby."

Will:
She's coming down the aisle, Beanie. Let it go.

Vince:
Let me be the first to say congratulations to you then.
You get one vagina for the rest of your life.
Real smart. Way to work it through.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Can we please burn those ugly maroon jerseys now?

I'll be pretty disappointed if we miss the playoffs because we were total no shows for games against the Devils, Sabres, Coyotes, Blue Jackets and Avs in late Feb and March. That's 10 points totally pissed away. Even 5 measly points in those games and we're in.

We took care of business against the lesser lights earlier on this season, but my count, we are 3-5 against teams we should beat since February.

We lost to the Devils, Sabres, Coyotes Blue Jackets and Avs. We beat the leaves, Flyers and Coyotes. That's pretty disappointing given we recently beat the Blues, Anaheim, Kings and Jets.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^^^^
Better rant style.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I bloody well blame bloody Strangelove for that bloody piss poor, bloody heartless, bloody performance.

May he bloody well rot in bloody hell.

100 year old bloody uniforms = 100 year old bloody legs
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

herb wrote: I'll be pretty disappointed if we miss the playoffs because we were total no shows for games against the Devils, Sabres, Coyotes, Blue Jackets and Avs in late Feb and March. That's 10 points totally pissed away. Even 5 measly points in those games and we're in.

We took care of business against the lesser lights earlier on this season, but my count, we are 3-5 against teams we should beat since February.

We lost to the Devils, Sabres, Coyotes Blue Jackets and Avs. We beat the leaves, Flyers and Coyotes. That's pretty disappointing given we recently beat the Blues, Anaheim, Kings and Jets.
You can add losses to leaves Dec. 6,Ariz. Nov. 14 and Av's Oct. 24 to that list for a total of 16 squandered points.
(cue the Farhan thread about mental toughness)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

dangler wrote:
herb wrote: We lost to the Devils, Sabres, Coyotes Blue Jackets and Avs. We beat the leaves, Flyers and Coyotes. That's pretty disappointing given we recently beat the Blues, Anaheim, Kings and Jets.
You can add losses to leaves Dec. 6,Ariz. Nov. 14 and Av's Oct. 24 to that list for a total of 16 squandered points.
(cue the Farhan thread about mental toughness)
Add those 16 points and we are at 106, tops in the league by 5 with 2 games in hand over Anaheim.

:hmmm:

We are far from the most consistent and best team in the league.

You know what's amazing, the best team in the league always loses to teams below them in the standings!! :shock:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:I bloody well blame bloody Strangelove for that bloody piss poor, bloody heartless, bloody performance.

May he bloody well rot in bloody hell.

100 year old bloody uniforms = 100 year old bloody legs
Bloody clot right! :evil: Fack'n hell!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)