To Live or Die in L.A. - Canucks @ Kings, 1pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: To Live or Die in L.A. - Canucks @ Kings, 1pm

Post by Topper »

Sutter should have left Quick in after the first EN goal. Pulling Quick at 3-1 only makes their stats look bad.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Burrows has been getting a bad rap on embellishment. Don't listen to all the anti-Canuck anti-burrows posts . He is a true Canuck and deserves way more respect than what's been said on this board. He has given his all for this team and deserves his contract.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

okcanuck wrote:Burrows has been getting a bad rap on embellishment. Don't listen to all the anti-Canuck anti-burrows posts . He is a true Canuck and deserves way more respect than what's been said on this board. He has given his all for this team and deserves his contract.
IMO, his reputation is well deserved. He has been a diver, an embellisher, a biter and a whiner.. And once you earn those reputations they don't go away. He has cleaned up his act lately and I think the refs are starting to realize that, but I'm not shocked at the reputation he has. He's earned that.

None of that excuses or warrants that hit. It could've been much, much worse. Toffoli deserves a suspension, and hopefully somone breaks his jaw next game.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Now does Williams get a penalty
Nope
Lack didn't go ballistic enough... he should have shit his pants like the Quick-baby. I bet if Eddie started throwing blockers they would have evened it up. Still laughing at the little respect the Sedins get. Judging by the reaction, you'd think it was Bertuzzi driving the net judging by the Kings' response.
It is truly shocking how little respect the Sedins get.

They are probably the two classiest guys on or off the ice, are genuinely great people and two of the best players of their generation.
Bill Simmons @BillSimmons · 4h 4 hours ago
The Sedin Twins are the worst. God I love sports-hating the hell out of those guys. And Burrows - you suck too.
Great win. Great game and an even better win. Proud of the guys. They have finally started outshooting some opponents with consistency, and Lack hasn't had to stand on his head. This team has some hair on their balls, unlike the 2012 edition that got manhandled by the Kings in the playoffs. This Canucks team could make a playoff round against the Kings interesting. Our shitty PP could kill us though.

Justin Williams did not score?!?! Has hell frozen over?

I don't know how Burrows came back from that hit, which was dirty, very dangerous and completely unnecessary. I have had some issues with Burrows in the past, but he has really cleaned up the antics since the bite. He has never really been a dirty or dangerous player anyway.

Toffoli deserves to have his nose broken, but the dude hasn't fought since junior. Hopefully Ronny catches him with his head down.

Can't stand that crybaby Quick like I can't stand Mike Smith. He's like Roloson, but 100 times worse...what a fucking cunt.

Any chance Markstrom starts tomorrow? Another huge two points tomorrow, and a massive week coming up. Hopefully Burrows, Kassian and Richardson are healthy.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:He hasn't dove in 3 years...they gotta let it go...

Great game and huuugggee 2 points today...

Just say'n :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Now does Williams get a penalty
Nope
Lack didn't go ballistic enough... he should have shit his pants like the Quick-baby. I bet if Eddie started throwing blockers they would have evened it up. Still laughing at the little respect the Sedins get. Judging by the reaction, you'd think it was Bertuzzi driving the net judging by the Kings' response.
It is truly shocking how little respect the Sedins get.

They are probably the two classiest guys on or off the ice, are genuinely great people and two of the best players of their generation.
Bill Simmons @BillSimmons · 4h 4 hours ago
The Sedin Twins are the worst. God I love sports-hating the hell out of those guys. And Burrows - you suck too.
Great win. Great game and an even better win. Proud of the guys. They have finally started outshooting some opponents with consistency, and Lack hasn't had to stand on his head. This team has some hair on their balls, unlike the 2012 edition that got manhandled by the Kings in the playoffs. This Canucks team could make a playoff round against the Kings interesting. Our shitty PP could kill us though.

Justin Williams did not score?!?! Has hell frozen over?

I don't know how Burrows came back from that hit, which was dirty, very dangerous and completely unnecessary. I have had some issues with Burrows in the past, but he has really cleaned up the antics since the bite. He has never really been a dirty or dangerous player anyway.

Toffoli deserves to have his nose broken, but the dude hasn't fought since junior. Hopefully Ronny catches him with his head down.

Can't stand that crybaby Quick like I can't stand Mike Smith. He's like Roloson, but 100 times worse...what a fucking cunt.

Any chance Markstrom starts tomorrow? Another huge two points tomorrow, and a massive week coming up. Hopefully Burrows, Kassian and Richardson are healthy.
:lol:

:thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks weathered the storm in the 1st period, King hit the post that was crucial.

Lack made some great saves.

After the 1st period Canucks got better, as the Kings seemed slow and aging.

Toffoli should be suspended a game.

Brown should get a diving fine.

Horvat unsung hero this season, faceoff wiz.

Vrbata easily this years nucks MVP.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Vrbata has scored some really pretty goals this year, for sure. Great FA signing by Benning.

Lack was outstanding. Markedly different from the Columbus game.

Horvat should get more opportunities on the draws, he has been pretty good for a rookie.

We just seemed to ramp up the intensity each period. If LA scores in the first, as you say, it could have been very different. I was hoping for the win, would have been content with a point, but was surprised by the outcome. As a fan, I think I needed this win more than the Canucks.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

That first period was worrisome. The Kings came out strong and the Canucks looked a bit overwhelmed.

I thought we were done when they scored 7 seconds into that PP at the beginning of the 2nd period. The boys rallied nicely.

I liked that Hank went to the net after the loose puck and didn't let up to avoid contact with Quick. Maybe 15 years in they are finally getting the handle on "playoff" hockey and how you have to be willing to play to get the win. A shame Kassian was out for this one, on this particular shift.....he woulda messed a King or two up. :P

The PP looked better, and Hank seems to finally be shooting more when the puck comes to him. Even if he does fallover almost every time he attempts a one-timer, it will at least keep goaltenders honest if word gets out that Henrik is actually willing to pull the trigger now.

Vrbata is hands down the best free-agent signing we've seen in Vancouver, and probably one of the better ones of the last decade or so for any team.

Toffoli should get several games for that. That was absolute bullshit and even though nobody can ever know what another person is thinking, it's a safe bet that there was "intent" on that play.

Burrows hasn't been a diver in a while. Despite the BAD homerism that I was subjected to by the LA commentary I had to suffer through, even they acknowledged that Bur has changed that part of his game in the last few years. I wish they would have been willing to admit that Brown is as big a diver and dirty player as Burrows ever was.....wow did he sell that contact in the second period, fortunately neither official was buying.

Great game by Lack.

A huge "4" points for us in this one, nice of Calgary to grab a loser point too as the Kings are now back outside the playoff picture for the time being.

I hope Markstrom gets the Coyotes. Give Eddie a breather as he's gonna be our guy until at least mid-April (if we make it that far).
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Horvat should get more opportunities on the draws, he has been pretty good for a rookie.
Your gift for understatement is unsurpassed.
We just seemed to ramp up the intensity each period. If LA scores in the first, as you say, it could have been very different. I was hoping for the win, would have been content with a point, but was surprised by the outcome. As a fan, I think I needed this win more than the Canucks.
Yeah, this was bigger than just the 2 (or 4) points. A real confident booster for the team, but definitely a boost for the fans who have all but written this group off against LA in recent seasons.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to finally see our guys beat the kings today, they've had our number for the longest time. Boy, wouldn't it be sweet if they don't make the playoffs this year? They probably the one team we can't beat in the playoffs, everyone else we have a chance i think.

Great to see the team sticking up for each other, no more of the MG take it on the chin and win with the PP. Even Eddie Lack Attack Pack wanted to join the brew-ha-ha on the other end when Quick was messing it up with Hank. Would of been awesome to see Lack and Quick go at it. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

okcanuck wrote:Burrows has been getting a bad rap on embellishment. Don't listen to all the anti-Canuck anti-burrows posts . He is a true Canuck and deserves way more respect than what's been said on this board. He has given his all for this team and deserves his contract.
It took him six or seven years to become a diving rat of epic proportions . It will take more than a couple years to change people's opinions . I guess he does deserve his contract but that doesn't mean he is providing good value for the team in a salary cap system .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Did Burrows chip a tooth biting the boards? My opinion on him has not changed. He should have been traded instead of signed to his current contract. He is a role player, his value had peaked and there is simply no way the Canucks should be tied to his over payment and NTC. Picks/prospects/youth would have been better served.

Who fucked with Hamhuis' sticks? A rare brutal game. Flu?

Vancouver plays the Kings like they are matched up with the school yard bully at murder ball. Take off the ballet slippers and lace up your skates.

Is Sbisa Delivery the only man hitting things from Vancouver's back end? (Insert Rumsfeld/Prison joke here)

Watch how Horvat, Hansen and Kenins lineup vertically to support one another when playing in the offensive zone.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sbisa is a hit machine, without him we are very soft back there. Posters like blobby would rather dress big punching bag softies with horrible sense and skill set like Stanton
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
It took him six or seven years to become a diving rat of epic proportions . It will take more than a couple years to change people's opinions . I guess he does deserve his contract but that doesn't mean he is providing good value for the team in a salary cap system .
Would you rather we kept your Boi Gillis' boi - Booth at 4.5 million per instead? LOL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau