GDT: March 12/15:Kings @ Canucks, 7pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: March 12/15:Kings @ Canucks, 7pm SN

Post by Island Nucklehead »

ClamRussel wrote:Glad I missed this clunker tonight.
Looking at the shot totals. It's obvious we aren't a good team. Neither are the Kings.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

Couldn't get this game on feed. Just as well from what you peeps have said. Let's not kid ourselves, we are long long way from the likes the L.A. and Anaheim.

I didn't watch the Anaheim game, but do you think it's well I'm at the top of the standings, the playoffs are coming and I don't give a shit? I just ask cuz the Flames beat them Thursday as well.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

I thought WD should have put Markstrom in there at 3-0. Tt was obvious to me the game was lost, so why not give Lack a break and give Markstrom some minutes? We have a back up that badly needs to play and there was a chance to get him some playing time with no risk. Missed opportunity IMO.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I agree with getting Markstrom a few reps after it was 3 buzz. Gives the guy a few looks and also straightens out his save pctg a bit . He has to play against Columbus or Philadelphia. Why not let him try and get comfortable again ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote:To beat the Kings we need Miller and a true 2nd line that score with the best of em, that will take a deft trade.
Lack was not the problem, just no puck luck and no constant puck pressure on LA.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The Kings fucking own us. Anybody but LA in round one.

Assuming there is a round one of course. :hmmm:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I knew this was a bad game to attend live as soon as the pizzaman served up a giant slice 15 seconds into it...

It's not that they played poorly last night, unlike the Arizona or Buffalo games. Even at their best, they are clearly pwn3d outclassed when big, heavy, deep teams like LA start playing grinding playoff-style hockey.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Hank wrote:I knew this was a bad game to attend live as soon as the pizzaman served up a giant slice 15 seconds into it...

It's not that they played poorly last night, unlike the Arizona or Buffalo games. Even at their best, they are clearly pwn3d outclassed when big, heavy, deep teams like LA start playing grinding playoff-style hockey.
When Benning took over, he mentioned he wanted to build a team to compete with the "big heavy" teams out West.

I like Benning, but why hasn't he added more muscle to our team? Guys like Vey, McMillan and Bart are not going to help us beat LA, SJ or Anaheim.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Zedlee wrote:When Benning took over, he mentioned he wanted to build a team to compete with the "big heavy" teams out West.

I like Benning, but why hasn't he added more muscle to our team? Guys like Vey, McMillan and Bart are not going to help us beat LA, SJ or Anaheim.
BUT DORSET THO
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Gutsy little shit but doesn't punish.....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tiger wrote:
Cornuck wrote:
SKYO wrote:Should have brought up Jensen, tbh I didn't watch the game, was at my dads 25th sobriety AA cake tonight.\
Good excuse - congrats to your dad.
Yep your Dads a winner .. unlike the Canucks.. You were at the right event :)
Some of your suggested trade deals border on complete insanity :) But have enjoyed reading them
Thanks ya'll, and I love trade scenarios! wanted Brind'Amour and Rob Blake back in the day.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote:To beat the Kings we need Miller and a true 2nd line that score with the best of em, that will take a deft trade.
Lack was not the problem, just no puck luck and no constant puck pressure on LA.
Rumsfeld wrote:The Kings fucking own us. Anybody but LA in round one.

Assuming there is a round one of course. :hmmm:
LA just has our number, like how we own the Blues, it's just some sort of weird psychology, granted the Kings are recent two-time Champs so at least we can say we got beaten by the best. ha
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:Thanks ya'll, and I love trade scenarios! wanted Brind'Amour and Rob Blake back in the day.
Yeah, that's nothin'. Remember that one psycho who made like 374 trade scenarios involving Vincent Lecavalier over a 5-year span?

I can't remember his name, 'cause dude was pretty inconsequential, but yeah what a weird fuck.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:
SKYO wrote:Thanks ya'll, and I love trade scenarios! wanted Brind'Amour and Rob Blake back in the day.
Yeah, that's nothin'. Remember that one psycho who made like 374 trade scenarios involving Vincent Lecavalier over a 5-year span?

I can't remember his name, 'cause dude was pretty inconsequential, but yeah what a weird fuck.
wasn't that farhan?
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

wasn't that farhan?
Who?