March 7th: Canucks @Sharks: 7pm, HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: March 7th: Canucks @Sharks: 7pm, HNIC

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:Are we really this bad? So much for all the talk last week about burying the Sharks.
I told you that you were due to rack up a win on your GDT... :D (but it won't be easy :? )
Mëds wrote:
tell ownership that it's time to stick a fork in this group now. .
Hah!
The SJS analysts are musing that this could be their season, stick a fork in them - they're all but cooked... :twisted:

Stats gurus are predicting 95 points to get in the playoffs in the West.

To hit 95 the Canucks only need to go 8-8-1.

The Sharks on the other hand would need to go 11-4-1 to get there, pretty unlikely with the way they've been playing. :mrgreen:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote:Love this win but we have got to stop spotting teams 2-3 goal leads.
Nah, Benning just thinks they need to practice coming from behind, so that an early goal against doesn't throw them off their game in the play offs! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Love this win but we have got to stop spotting teams 2-3 goal leads.
Nah, Benning just thinks they need to practice coming from behind, so that an early goal against doesn't throw them off their game in the play offs! :lol:
Mayhaps thou jests, but mental toughness is a championship co requisite !
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

From Smyl to Linden to Naslund to Sedin to Horvat, welcome to the future of Canuck hockey. Love this kid. That was a veteren sick clutch goal he scored, beating a beast in Burns and then the soft touch to tie the game with the bear Burns draped all over him, game set match. Watch out for this kid he's feeling it now, it's just the beginning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:From Smyl to Linden to Naslund to Sedin to Horvat, welcome to the future of Canuck hockey. Love this kid. That was a veteren sick clutch goal he scored, beating a beast in Burns and then the soft touch to tie the game with the bear Burns draped all over him, game set match. Watch out for this kid he's feeling it now, it's just the beginning
Praise Gillis!

Right? Right???
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:From Smyl to Linden to Naslund to Sedin to Horvat, welcome to the future of Canuck hockey. Love this kid. That was a veteren sick clutch goal he scored, beating a beast in Burns and then the soft touch to tie the game with the bear Burns draped all over him, game set match. Watch out for this kid he's feeling it now, it's just the beginning
Praise Gillis!

Right? Right???
Yep, credit where credit is due. If Horvat turns out to be the stud he is looking like that Schneider deals looks like a good one, or at least much more even than many of us, including me, originally thought. It is so nice to have a young guy contributing who gives hope now, and more importantly, down the road.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

herb wrote:
Praise Gillis!

Right? Right???
Yep, and don't forget Tanev, Matthias & Richardson, GMMG is responsible for acquiring those bums too... :?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Interesting that he didn't spend any time in the AHL to earn his call up.

Sometimes you bring a prospect up and give some ice time to see what he can do, you don't have him sitting in the minors until he is 23/24. This is one thing the GM and coach has to be on the same page about.

I hope to see more youth on the team, ready to take over in 2 - 3 years when the Sedins retire and players like Burrows are gone.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Praise Nonis for drafting Schneider and trading for Luongo setting up Gillis for the glory
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:Praise Nonis for drafting Schneider and trading for Luongo setting up Gillis for the glory
Luongo trade had not much to do with Nonis. Keenan loved Bertuzzi and hated Luongo. Keenan initiated the trade and all Nonis needed to do was say YES.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Chip shots like Bo's will keep him off the greens until summer.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:Interesting that he didn't spend any time in the AHL to earn his call up.

Sometimes you bring a prospect up and give some ice time to see what he can do, you don't have him sitting in the minors until he is 23/24. This is one thing the GM and coach has to be on the same page about.

I hope to see more youth on the team, ready to take over in 2 - 3 years when the Sedins retire and players like Burrows are gone.

He couldn't spend time in Utica. It was the Canucks or junior for him. If he was eligible for the AHL you can bet that is where he would have been, waiting for a call up, especially since WD said he didn't really want any 19 year olds on his team.

Getting to 10 goals earned him an ELC BOnus!
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Praise Nonis for drafting Schneider and trading for Luongo setting up Gillis for the glory
Luongo trade had not much to do with Nonis. Keenan loved Bertuzzi and hated Luongo. Keenan initiated the trade and all Nonis needed to do was say YES.
LOL whatever floats your boat, Skipper