Canucks at Wild, 5:00 p.m. (PST), SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canucks at Wild, 5:00 p.m. (PST), SNP

Post by rats19 »

You're not into posting things you can find online..wtf

Its intended on saving a few clicks and keeping people from leaving the sight to find the info you aren't into. You are sending people away...why I oughta....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Good-bye

Gotta go find out the game time so I can program the VCR.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:Good-bye

Gotta go find out the game time so I can program the VCR.

You taping the game?
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

rats19 wrote:You're not into posting things you can find online..wtf

Its intended on saving a few clicks and keeping people from leaving the sight to find the info you aren't into. You are sending people away...why I oughta....
Hey - we'll give the rookie a chance, and if we win, we'll run with him. ;)

Mondi - it's time to step up!

GO CANUCKS GO!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'm no betamax

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:You're not into posting things you can find online..wtf

Hey - we'll give the rookie a chance, and if we win, we'll run with him. ;)

Mondi - it's time to step up!

GO CANUCKS GO!
A shot over the bow...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Ahh-ha, Mondi caved, *whip noise*
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mondi wrote:I gave you the channel and the time. We all know their record.

I spend a lot of time on this site. Also this isn't my first GDT.
:D Don't worry Mondi - we appreciate your effort.
Besides, you deserve a hard time for picking a Picard avatar over Kirk. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Clendening and Kenis out. Tanev and Kassian in.

Although Tanev is slated to play he is still a game time decision.

Interesting that should Tanev be good to go that Weber gets in instead of Clendening.

PS

I like the short GDT opening!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Mondi wrote:I gave you the channel and the time. We all know their record.

I spend a lot of time on this site. Also this isn't my first GDT.

But fine, from NHL.com:

CANUCKS (29-19-3) at WILD (25-20-6)

TV: SNP, FS-N

Season series: Devan Dubnyk made 35 saves for the Minnesota Wild in a 4-2 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Feb. 1 at Rogers Arena.

Canucks team scope: Goaltender Ryan Miller made 31 saves in a 5-0 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. Vancouver did not practice Sunday, instead gathering at the airport with their dads for their annual father-son road trip. Henrik Sedin, who assisted on a goal in the first game against Minnesota, ranks first all-time against the Wild in assists and games played, and second in points. Daniel Sedin, who scored on Feb. 1, is second in assists and third in games played and points.

Wild team scope: Five players participated in an optional skate Sunday. Minnesota recalled goaltender Darcy Kuemper from a conditioning stint with Iowa of the American Hockey League. Kuemper played in five games with Iowa, going 2-3 with a 3.22 goals-against average and.891 save percentage. With three games in four days, it's likely Kuemper plays Tuesday against the Winnipeg Jets. The Wild, who has won five straight games, will have no changes to their lineup. Dubnyk, who has earned a shutout in each of his past two starts, will start. The Wild are 5-1-0 in their past six games against the Canucks.

ESPN.com:

The Minnesota Wild's surge has them back in the playoff picture and within a manageable distance of those also in the discussion for Western Conference wild-card positions.

They host one of those teams, the Vancouver Canucks, on Monday night with hopes of further gains while adding to a season-best five-game winning streak.

Another victory would give the Wild their best streak since taking seven straight March 14-27, 2013, and they're in position to achieve that due to shutdown defensive play.

After Saturday's 1-0 home win over Colorado, Minnesota (25-20-6) has recorded shutouts in two straight games and three of four, with three goals allowed during the win streak.

Coach Mike Yeo could stand to see some improvement offensively, though, with his team limited to 11 goals in the last five games.

"We're hammering away right now," Yeo said. "We have to keep getting better in front. It's an area of our game that we're stressing."

Minnesota's power play has been all but absent in its sparing employment with a 1-for-11 mark over the five wins, but the penalty kill has been flawless at 12 for 12. One of those kills came late in the third period against the Avalanche, during which Devan Dubnyk made five of his 18 saves.

Playing with his fourth team in 13 months, Dubnyk has been in goal for the entire winning streak with a 0.60 goals-against average. He's 7-1-0 with a 1.31 GAA in nine games since being acquired from Arizona on Jan. 14.

One of those wins came in Vancouver last Monday -- a 4-2 victory to give Dubnyk four victories in his last six starts against the Canucks.

"It's nice to enjoy (reflecting on the past three weeks) on the days between games, but the reason of why we've been successful as a group is because we're just taking it by each game," Dubnyk told the team's official website. "We approach each game as its own single game that's important and we have to win and not look at the big picture. It's the same thing for me personally."

Ryan Miller, however, is also coming off a shutout against a considerably more potent offensive team. The Canucks (29-19-3) won 5-0 at home over Pittsburgh on Saturday with Miller stopping 31 shots.

"I like this one mainly because the attitude we came out with was sustained during the game," said Miller, who had lost four of five with a 3.28 GAA after the defeat to Minnesota. "It was the right kind of attitude. We wanted to have a response for (Thursday's 5-1 home loss to San Jose)."

Five players scored for Vancouver on Saturday. Daniel Sedin had a goal against the Penguins and Wild, while Alexandre Burrows recorded a power-play goal and an assist versus Pittsburgh.

The Canucks' special teams came around with a 2-for-5 power-play effort after going 4 of 45 in the previous 13 games. The penalty kill was 4 for 4 in the wake of killing 12 of 18 (66.7) and allowing at least one power-play tally in five straight games.

Minnesota has won five of six in the series. Zach Parise scored last Monday and has five goals and an assist in that six-game span against Vancouver.

Wild defenseman Justin Fontaine (groin) has been out for three games but could face Vancouver, while goaltender Darcy Kuemper has completed a conditioning stint with AHL Iowa after missing five games.

Canucks defenseman Christopher Tanev has missed two consecutive contests with an undisclosed injury.
TLDR

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blame the ratman...tops.

Giving mondoo some hoodoo..
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:Clendening and Kenis out. Tanev and Kassian in.

Interesting that should Tanev be good to go that Weber gets in instead of Clendening.

PS

Weber more offensive upside? :?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Clendening and Kenis out. Tanev and Kassian in.

PS

Weber more offensive upside? :?
Weber is just plain more offensive (<- and I don't mean scoring-wise)

The Swiss D must have photos of Willie D in lederhosen.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jordan gets his revenge.
When Miller gives up an early goal like that he usually ends up letting in 3-4 more.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ahahaha....shit man, OK now keep up the good work boys....

*hi wids.. :oops: