GDT:Feb1/15: Wild@Van: SNP@ 12:00pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT:Feb1/15: Wild@Van: SNP@ 12:00pm

Post by dangler »

I agree Herb,it's time to give the next gen a little more action! However,I don't see it happening as long as playoffs are the goal. For our interest(the fan), your suggestions would be welcomed, but ownership & management probably see standing pat the safe bet ,unless a good deal bites them squarely in the ass.
Having Burrows and Dorsett around seems to be a good thing for Horvat and probably the rest of the rookies as well and if they're not moved it might not be such a bad thing having them around leading by example.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dangler wrote:I agree Herb,it's time to give the next gen a little more action! However,I don't see it happening as long as playoffs are the goal.
Ironically, the only reason I could care to see us in the playoffs this year is to give the kids some experience playing in them.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

That's the kicker,the safe bet isn't always the most effective. They could give all the kids more ice time,make some of those trades, and the team could take off,much better for the fans entertainment.much better for the clubs development. But with so much revenue riding on a playoff appearance, i'm guessing we'll see the safe bet.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well that sucks. A PP goal for Minny. Down 2-0. Two goals on 11 shots. Lack time.
Mille didn't look sharp in the game.

It should have been 3-1 Vancouver in the 3rd period.