Huh? No GDT for 1994 SCF Rematch?

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Huh? No GDT for 1994 SCF Rematch?

Post by damonberryman » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:25 am

It is a losing streak and all teams have them except the Habs of the 70's

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 am

The problem I see with our 2nd line is not so much Bonino but his linemates. As the season ramps it up you start to see who are the haves and have nots. Burr is really showing his age and Higgins really starts to look out of place in the top 6, he just slowly starts to become in affective as the season wears on eventually doing his classic disappearing act when the playoffs begin. We need some proper top 6 wingers for Bonino who are younger, faster, bigger and more skilled to help take some of the pressure off of the old men Sedins and Vrbata.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:42 am

RoyalDude wrote:The problem I see with our 2nd line is not so much Bonino but his linemates. As the season ramps it up you start to see who are the haves and have nots. Burr is really showing his age and Higgins really starts to look out of place in the top 6, he just slowly starts to become in affective as the season wears on eventually doing his classic disappearing act when the playoffs begin. We need some proper top 6 wingers for Bonino who are younger, faster, bigger and more skilled to help take some of the pressure off of the old men Sedins and Vrbata.
I wonder if there is a market for Higgins, maybe as part of a package?

I think Burrows can still be a serviceable 2nd line winger because of his work ethic, and we know he NEVER disappears in the playoffs. Maybe finding a way to upgrade Higgins on the LW and bring in a legit top-6 winger gives that line enough of a boost?

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 am

damonberryman wrote:It is a losing streak and all teams have them except the Habs of the 70's
Yup.

If this was Toronto we would have thrown a dozen jerseys on the ice by now and demanded that Lack be traded and WD fired while we all got sushi at the Platinum Club during the first half of the second period.

I just hope they're playing better by Monday's game against Phoenix (I'm going...first game since they got steamrolled by Anaheim last year at home in March).