Canucks @ Sens, 4pm - SN-P, TVA

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Sens, 4pm - SN-P, TVA

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
But Edler doesn't get the 'gassed' mulligan card?
Well, since you asked.....

No.

:P

Actually Dude, even I will admit that Edler is starting to show signs of playing better. Having a partner like Tanev is paying dividends.

I still think he's overrated, but the bone-headed plays are starting to become fewer and farther between.

I've also noticed that his offensive reads and pinches are not as poorly timed too.

I think his shot is totally useless though if we are running the PP through Hank on the right half-boards. Left to lefty off that side wakes it tough to setup a quick one-timer from the point.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:We are also starting to miss Hamhuis out there. We have seen better from this team. Tonight was not one of our better nights.
Yep. Our back end is not deep enough to suffer injuries to the top-4.

We're still doing well in the standings, so there's no reason to panic yet, but if Benning sees a chance to ship out one of our "sell-high" forwards like Hansen for some defensive help, it might be the best option moving forward. It seems like we have the depth to insert a guy like Jensen into the lineup up front, but playing Weber consistently is starting to really hurt our ability to keep the puck out of our own net.
Totally agree. Even when fully healthy, this d is still somewhat suspect... because other than Tanev and Hamhuis, this is really a low hockey IQ bunch.

Edler is having a nice bounce-back year, but Tanev should get much credit for stabilizing his game. They are now clearly #1-2 in this group.

Bieksa has been brutal this year, making everyone worse when he's on the ice. Amazingly there's something worse than a Bieksa/Sbisa pairing... and that is a Weber/Sbisa pairing. Weber is a 6-7 d-man that should not be playing every night. These 3 guys should work the concessions with the pizzas they've been serving every game. I've watched some of the past goals against and I think Miller has taken all the flak when it should be shared by some of those in front of him.

I'd like to see WD give Frankie some minutes to see what he's got, but I also seriously hope GMJB is out there looking out for some defensive depth.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Our top 6 looked tired cause 5 of the 6 are 30 and over

Sedins 34
Vrbata 33
Burrows 33
Higgins 31

The Sedins can deal with their aging cause of their crazy IQ, same goes for Vrbata but we need to get younger on the 2nd line.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jake Virtanen with 2 goals tonight. 3rd star

Here's a question, come next season we are looking at a similar situation with Virtanen as we saw with Horvat. Does the team send him back to a meaningless season in the dub or do they keep him up. Like Bo, he is certainly fast enough and big enough - 6'-1" - 215 lbs. I say he stays up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

RoyalDude wrote:Jake Virtanen with 2 goals tonight. 3rd star

Here's a question, come next season we are looking at a similar situation with Virtanen as we saw with Horvat. Does the team send him back to a meaningless season in the dub or do they keep him up. Like Bo, he is certainly fast enough and big enough - 6'-1" - 215 lbs. I say he stays up
Shouldn't the decision be based on how he plays when he gets here?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

MichaelScott wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Jake Virtanen with 2 goals tonight. 3rd star

Shouldn't the decision be based on how he plays when he gets here?
Just answer the question - yes or no?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

RoyalDude wrote:
Just answer the question - yes or no?
yes lol
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Healy is awesome. Of course the Sens dominated the second period, they spent nearly half of it on the PowerPlay. What a fucking dunce.

"I get paid for an opinion... not to be a candy striper at the hospital!”

- Glenn Healy

viewtopic.php?p=182692#p182692

(reminds me of Costanza's comeback: "Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you!")

Yeah, Healy probably should be "a candy striper at the hospital".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

viewtopic.php?p=219682#p219682
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000][b]Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:30 pm[/b][/color] wrote:With Lack in net, this is a guaranteed win
viewtopic.php?p=219751#p219751
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000][b]Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 pm[/b][/color] wrote:We would have won if Miller was in the nets
Talking outta both sides of your ass tonight Dude? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

MichaelScott wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Just answer the question - yes or no?
yes lol

(the correct answer was: "Fuck you, you fucking fucked up fucky-fuck!")

Now Michael, tell me the truth, are you related in any way to my good buddy Mëds?
____
Try to focus on someday.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Strangelove wrote:
Now Michael, tell me the truth, are you related in any way to my good buddy Mëds?
Is he a Pharmacist? haha couldn't resist. But no, I actually do not know who you are referring to?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Just answer the question - yes or no?
yes lol

(the correct answer was: "Fuck you, you fucking fucked up fucky-fuck!")

Fuck you Doc.

What have you done for me lately anyways?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Ok, i'll never do any predictions again... wrong team in OT.

But still a respectable road-trip so far.

We came in to play oldtime hockey and Dorsett acted like fuckin' Rocky. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Reefer2 wrote:Sedins out to long again in OT, all that time in the offensive zone and no shots.
I would not have put them out in OT at all. Why was it so hard to see they've been playing with lead in their skates? I knew it was done when they had to try and skate back into our own zone.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Robert wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Sedins out to long again in OT, all that time in the offensive zone and no shots.
I would not have put them out in OT at all. Why was it so hard to see they've been playing with lead in their skates? I knew it was done when they had to try and skate back into our own zone.
When it works it's a thing of beauty. When they try passing in a phone booth while walking the O line, it's scary as hell.

Even with these two tough losses, and even though the Ducks open up a three point lead, we are still in the thick of it, standings wise.

The team played very tired last night. They blew their wad in TO and it showed in Ottawa. This was the first real blown lead game of the year. Hurts, but I'll take the point. Hope they are rested and ready to go in Montreal.
The only HW the Canucks need