Canucks @ Leaves, 4:00 Saturday December 6, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Leaves, 4:00 Saturday December 6, CBC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote:
rats19 wrote:Dude...its not the east vs west thing.....its tranna..we don't like tranna or what it feels it represents...
And Toronto doesn't care or think about Vancouver. It's truly a "One-Way" rivalry.
So why are you here?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
rats19 wrote:Dude...its not the east vs west thing.....its tranna..we don't like tranna or what it feels it represents...
And Toronto doesn't care or think about Vancouver. It's truly a "One-Way" rivalry.
So why are you here?
If he wasn't here who else would make sure that we know how little he cares? That's the kind of thing that keeps a guy up at night..
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
Tiger wrote:Royal Dude Said :
Is it just me, cause I don't get the hate passion for an eastern conference team like the leaves, they are a foreign concept now. All my hate passion is for western conference teams cause we see them all the time and the end of the day, they are all that matter to us. The EC might as well be another league in Europe somewhere. The games are borderline exhibition games
Dude it was Toronto that stopped Vancouver from getting an NHL franchise back in 67/68.. F*ng Tranna didn't want to share the CBC revenues .. So we had to wait and watch the PCL Canucks until 1970 .. I got a reasonable hate on for those Mothers..
This is 100% correct. It was Harrold Ballard. A convicted felon. You're going to hold that against the leaves? Have you ever read some of the things he did to Leaf fans? Trust me. It's much worse. We hate Ballard more than you do. But don't hold it against the organization.

If anything cost Ballard a dollar he wouldn't allow it. He used the original Stanley cup banners as drip cloths to save $. True story.

I won't even bother to go into the innocent boys that were molested on his watch. Not getting g a team for 3 years is nothing compared to the crimes Ballard did to the organization and Leaf fans.

People in Toronto were delayed 3 years from getting MLB. You don't whine 40 years later about it or blame anyone for it.

Harold Ballard didn't get full control of the Laughs till 1971, so it wasn't just him it was a group of owners that kept us out for three years.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

okcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Is it just me, cause I don't get the hate passion for an eastern conference team like the leaves, they are a foreign concept now. All my hate passion is for western conference teams cause we see them all the time and the end of the day, they are all that matter to us. The EC might as well be another league in Europe somewhere. The games are borderline exhibition games
Dude it was Toronto that stopped Vancouver from getting an NHL franchise back in 67/68.. F*ng Tranna didn't want to share the CBC revenues .. So we had to wait and watch the PCL Canucks until 1970 .. I got a reasonable hate on for those Mothers..
This is 100% correct. It was Harrold Ballard. A convicted felon. You're going to hold that against the leaves? Have you ever read some of the things he did to Leaf fans? Trust me. It's much worse. We hate Ballard more than you do. But don't hold it against the organization.

If anything cost Ballard a dollar he wouldn't allow it. He used the original Stanley cup banners as drip cloths to save $. True story.

I won't even bother to go into the innocent boys that were molested on his watch. Not getting g a team for 3 years is nothing compared to the crimes Ballard did to the organization and Leaf fans.

People in Toronto were delayed 3 years from getting MLB. You don't whine 40 years later about it or blame anyone for it.

Harold Ballard didn't get full control of the Laughs till 1971, so it wasn't just him it was a group of owners that kept us out for three years.

He was still running things for years prior to being sole owner, In fact, most of the horrendous stories were 100% from him before he become sole owner. The famous story of him putting on the heat in July in the Gardens and then jacking up the drink prices for the Beatles concert was 100% his idea. This occurred 6 years before he become sole owner.(He only became sole owner due to an unexpected death).

In brief, stop whining. Being delayed 3 years is nothing compared to what we went through. He's the most vile, worst owner in NHL, perhaps sports history.
Calgary_Canuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Calgary_Canuck »

So, was just listening to 1040 on the web, didn't know between both the leaves games and Ottawa game that the same referee group was used. Pretty lame, anyhow we move on.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Linesmen were the same, one of two ref's were the same

vs TO
Ref #27 Eric Furlatt
Ref #17 Frederick L'Ecuyer

Linesman #78 Brian Mach
Linesman #83 Matt MacPherson

vs Ott
Ref #29 Ian Walsh
Ref #17 Frederick L'Ecuyer

Linesman #78 Brian Mach
Linesman #83 Matt MacPherson
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Have you ever read some of the things Ballard did to Leaf fans?

I won't even bother to go into the innocent boys that were molested on his watch.
Yeahno, this doesn't excuse them from growing up to be major c-words bro.

Surveys show the main reason the Leaves are so hated is because so many of their fans are major c-words.

Well okay I suppose the term "major c-words" wasn't used in the actual surveys, but it was words to that effect...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Toronto doesn't care or think about Vancouver. It's truly a "One-Way" rivalry.
So why are you here?
If he wasn't here who else would make sure that we know how little he cares?
Good point guys: He's here, so he either cares or he's a major c-word.

Or both.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I believe "Large Gash" is the correct term when referring to all things Leaves.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Oh right, right, right.... I believe "large gash" was the term used in the surveys....
____
Try to focus on someday.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

He was still running things for years prior to being sole owner, In fact, most of the horrendous stories were 100% from him before he become sole owner. The famous story of him putting on the heat in July in the Gardens and then jacking up the drink prices for the Beatles concert was 100% his idea. This occurred 6 years before he become sole owner.(He only became sole owner due to an unexpected death).

In brief, stop whining. Being delayed 3 years is nothing compared to what we went through. He's the most vile, worst owner in NHL, perhaps sports history.

He still had to answer to a group of owners before he took control which was 1971. No ,the Laughs didn't want to share the tv revenues no matter who was in charge and that is only one of many reasons us Canuck fans hate the Laughs. It certainly hasn't got anything to do with jealousy. We've basically owned the Laughs for the last 44 years.