Chicago @ Vancouver 6:30PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Chicago @ Vancouver 6:30PM

Post by donlever » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:55 am

:lol:

...that post was penned specifically for you!
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 am

Guess the Great Dane is out of the doghouse...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:29 am

....for now.

He may be quoting Sil sooner than later however.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:31 am

donlever wrote::lol:

You and I may be the only ones who remember.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:We haven't had a fourth line play like since...since...since...
... since the Millionaires won the cup? :?

(not that they used to roll four lines back then)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm beginning to think that the early knocks on Hansen this year were born out of the way that we saw Vigneault utilize him.

For myself I think that I always saw him as a checking forward who belongs on a 3rd shutdown line and that's it. When he inked his $2.5M deal and ended up on the 4th line I just thought "over payment" and subscribed to the old-school mentality that 4th liners need to be at least 6' 2"+ 220lb monster who can hit and fight and hurt the other team, and that tying up that much salary on ta 4th line winger was a waste. Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen, aren't going to hurt anyone with monster hits (at least not many), and they aren't likely to intimidate anyone with their fighting prowess. But watching what they did last night against Chicago, and seeing the reliability of their play, definitely tuned me in to the fact that I was still looking at it wrong.....despite being an advocate of 4 lines contributing.

Now I just hope Kassian can pay attention to the responsible styles that those 3 guys bring.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:32 pm

Topper wrote:
donlever wrote::lol:

You and I may be the only ones who remember.
Must be true, all I heard was "WHOOOSH". :(
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Canucks Blackhawks

Litmus test

That is all
:mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:20 pm

herb wrote:A pretty complete 60 minute effort.

All 19 Canucks that played in this one played well. Sure is nice to be able to roll four lines. What a novel concept...

Nice to see Hansen playing so well. I'm glad Benning didn't listen to me and ship Hansen out in the off season. Him and Dorsett have played really well. Dorsett has been a great pick-up.

The Matthias-Richardson-Kassian line was relegated to 4th line minutes last night. Not producing and getting scored on will do that to a line.
:D
Meds wrote:I'm beginning to think that the early knocks on Hansen this year were born out of the way that we saw Vigneault utilize him.

For myself I think that I always saw him as a checking forward who belongs on a 3rd shutdown line and that's it. When he inked his $2.5M deal and ended up on the 4th line I just thought "over payment" and subscribed to the old-school mentality that 4th liners need to be at least 6' 2"+ 220lb monster who can hit and fight and hurt the other team, and that tying up that much salary on ta 4th line winger was a waste. Dorsett - Horvat - Hansen, aren't going to hurt anyone with monster hits (at least not many), and they aren't likely to intimidate anyone with their fighting prowess. But watching what they did last night against Chicago, and seeing the reliability of their play, definitely tuned me in to the fact that I was still looking at it wrong.....despite being an advocate of 4 lines contributing.

Now I just hope Kassian can pay attention to the responsible styles that those 3 guys bring.
I don't think Horvat & Hansen are the 4th line anymore, if horvat stays with the Canucks this season, I'd expect them to take 3rd line minutes, or at least have Horvat's & Richardson's line split the minutes evenly.

Anyways, makes more sense to have a Horvat/Hansen/(Dorsett) as a legitimate 3rd line threat, and have Richardson anchor the 4th (checking) line with Matthias, Kassian etc