Chicago @ Vancouver 6:30PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Chicago @ Vancouver 6:30PM

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Where is Doc? Drunk in his Treehouse?
Had a houseful over for roast beast dinner and the game.

Canucks look DAMN good.

FUN FACT #1: Hansen on a 31-goal-pace from the 4th line!

FUN FACT #2: Bo knows hockey!!

*hic*
Ummmm.....could we get a mod to move this to the appropriate thread? :P
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Janik Hansen bitches! :lol:

Funny thing with confidence, couple weeks ago the guy couldn't buy a goal (even when playing with the Sedins). Now he has the hot hand and everything seems to be going in for him. He's shooting the puck really well now, almost like when Kes had that 40G season. I liked his empty net goal, he just blew by Keith and Seabrook for the open puck.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Kane and Toews sound like the biggest bitches in post-game interviews after a loss to the Canucks. :lol:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

From Stone Hand-sen to Rocket Hat-sen within a week. :rockin:

WHY? :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;
A great defensive effort from Vancouver. Has anyone noticed the neutral zone trap they play to clog up entries to the Canuck zone? Surprisingly Quenville did not change to a dump and chase and let speed on the forecheck pressure Vancouver defenders.

Once Chicago set up in the offensive zone, Canuck defenders did a great job keeping them to the outside and not allowing any inside pressure.

It is ridiculous to bring gifted offensive prospects along by having them play on the fourth line with veteran scrubs. Look how it is ruining players like Kassian :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: How many times have I read that line of BS.

Toews was -4 on the night and a dismal 38% in the face off dot (0/3 vs Horvat and 5/11 vs Henrik).

I thought Chicago played a strong physical offensively aggressive style of hockey? What happened? Did the Oilers tire them out?

Kane with a textbook what not to do when you are going to get rubbed out on the boards. Good non call by the officials.

As one of the few posters who has been Hansen since his brief auditions in 06-07 and 07-08 it is good to see he hard work get rewards on the score sheet. Odd, when Bonino, or Mathias get hot scoring a poster here is clamouring for their inclusion on the 1st unit PP.
Last edited by Topper on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Local tramps at the Roxy tired them out.

Same thing in the grand scheme perhaps.......
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:Local tramps at the Roxy tired them out.

Same thing in the grand scheme perhaps.......
Considering when they would have arrived in town after playing in Edmonton the night before, they must have been scraping the dreggs from the sidewalk on Granville.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Indeed, even closer to the same thing then.
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

A pretty complete 60 minute effort.

All 19 Canucks that played in this one played well. Sure is nice to be able to roll four lines. What a novel concept...

Nice to see Hansen playing so well. I'm glad Benning didn't listen to me and ship Hansen out in the off season. Him and Dorsett have played really well. Dorsett has been a great pick-up.

The Matthias-Richardson-Kassian line was relegated to 4th line minutes last night. Not producing and getting scored on will do that to a line.

Bo played a career high of over 14 minutes. Anybody still seriously think this kid is going anywhere? I don't. He is the most NHL ready prospect we have seen in years. The last one might have been Tanev, but prior to that I think it's been a while. WD and JB have done a great job of putting the kid in a position he can succeed by playing him with two solid vets like Dorsett and Hansen, but Bo has also done a lot on his own to impress.

More on Horvat - 81% on the dot, three assists, some penalty killing time and out there in key situations near the end of a close game taking faceoffs. Wow. Horvat is only 19, but he's starting to look like a veteran out there only 8 games into his career.

Trading away Schneider for Horvat was a bit of gamble. Trading veterans for prospects always is. Honestly, it was a little bit terrifying to me given the Luongo situation at the time, and it's always hard to gauge prospects given how the "experts" gush over everybody drafted in the first round. The prognosticators all said Bo was the most NHL ready prospect in the 2013 draft, and they were definitely in the ballpark with that one.

Henrik Sedin played only 16:48. :shock: Under Torts he would have played 26 minutes against Chicago.

Sbisa played over 20 minutes of undramatic hockey again. He played more than Tanev, again. I love how Sbisa will just drill dudes. Haven't seen that consistently from one of our d-men in a while (sorry Juice, you're just not big enough).

Stanton and Weber also played some solid minutes. Lidster is obviously doing something right. In years past, losing a top four guy would have been guaranteed chaos, but the 7 guys who have played this season on the back-end have all looked prepared and steady (for the most part).

Hard to overlook it now, but the Canucks are looking good. Four decent lines, solid goaltending and undramatic play from the defense will do that. This Eastern road trip coming up could be fun. :D
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

herb wrote: Dorsett has been a great pick-up.
In his managerial infancy XGMMG picked up Darcy Hordichuk to "bolster" our 4th line.

GMJB grabs Dorsett.
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote:
herb wrote: Dorsett has been a great pick-up.
In his managerial infancy XGMMG picked up Darcy Hordichuk to "bolster" our 4th line.

GMJB grabs Dorsett.
It looked kind of questionable at the time, but Dorsett is a legitimate hockey player. A 3rd/4th line tweener if you will.

Hornychuk...lol.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dorsett continues to be the good the bad and the ugly. Solid PK and fourthline. He and Hansen really compliment each other with aggressive fore checking.

His dumb penalties that too often end with a puck in the net are the cost.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Topper wrote:Dorsett continues to be the good the bad and the ugly. Solid PK and fourthline. He and Hansen really compliment each other with aggressive fore checking.

His dumb penalties that too often end with a puck in the net are the cost.
Fair enough. Dumb penalties are all too often the bane of these 4th line "energy" guys.

Still, overall he has been a solid pick-up. Much better than guys like Sestito, Hornychuk and Glass.
Last edited by herb on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...yep, hopefully the Hank/Bert like stupid penalties can be coached out of him to a degree.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

^LOL