GDT: Canucks @ Oilers 11/19/14 5PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Oilers 11/19/14 5PM PST SNET

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Was there ever any doubt. LOL.
Love Miller's response. You could tell he was relievd with that one.
The only HW the Canucks need

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Otto kicked it in

Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:45 pm

2 weak goals.

But at least the PP scored.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:56 pm

Another pair of important points for the Canucks, need every point to reach the playoffs in the tough Pacific.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Confidence inspiring, the Canucks are not.

Lets see what team shows up against Anaheim.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:14 pm

sagebrush wrote:Confidence inspiring, the Canucks are not.

Lets see what team shows up against Anaheim.
Well at least we beat em once already, that's vast improvement over last season hah oh & SJ.

Expect Ducks to play their best thursday #redemption...hardest game of the year since the Kings.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:30 pm

^^
The Canucks team structure & discipline looked good through the first period & into the second, but went for a shit early in the second period until late in the game. Lots of brain farts.

It could be the Canucks ignoring Willie's teachings as they got over confident with a lead, or it could be that the Oilers made them look good at the start of the game. Or both.

There is reason for hope tomorrow - but not confidence.
Last edited by sagebrush on Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Somehow Calgary passed us in the standings. I'd say tonight was very important for us to draw even with a game in hand still!

Tomorrow just as important if we want to catch the Ducks again.

We played a good game tonight. A number of defensive farts that we have to get out of our game. And it seems WD is slowing losing confidence in a four line game. Our fourth line just isn't seeing the ice as much. Also Miller has been bad the last four games. He is giving up way too many goals on a consistent basis. Still has 12 wins but he seemed stronger the first 10 games than he has recently.

Tomorrow will be a good challenge for Lack. Want to make a statement Eddie? Well you have a chance tomorrow. Would love to take two tomorrow. That would be a statement for the whole team. Wonder if Vey draws back in? I kinda want the bigger body of Horvat in but we'll see I guess. They said tonight that with Vey sitting that was why Weber drew in over Sbisa, to run point on the PP. Maybe we should go with both Sbisa and Weber? Let Stanton have the night off, of course we may want his toughness over Weber.

Anyway, a good win, one which we made much harder than we had to. That was a game we should have had 8-9 goals and Edmonton 1-2. We almost best ourselves.
The only HW the Canucks need

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Blobby is gonna come down hard on me cause like Kassian, Stanton is one of Blobbys toothless, redneck, blue collar, molson canadian drinking buddies. Old time hockey

Christ a guy like Stanton has a bad game and everybody is a fucking expert. "Told ya so ,Stanton is no good".Give the guy a break. I think he's just had a good season so far.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:45 pm

sagebrush wrote:^^
The Canucks team structure & discipline looked good through the first period & into the second, but went for a shit early in the second period until late in the game. Lots of brain farts.

It could be the Canucks ignoring Willie's teachings as they got over confident with a lead, or it could be that the Oilers made them look good at the start of the game. Or both.

Yeah I don't expect us to beat the Hawks, Kings or Ducks in the playoffs nor the regular season, but if we can at least give them a good fight till the finish for a full 60 minutes, I'd be happy about that.

Team has a different look compared to last season's nightmare year.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE

Strangelove
CC Legend

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:47 pm

sagebrush wrote:WTF happened to Hansen.

He held the puck, out-waited the goalie, & fired the puck up where momma keeps the cookies. :shock:

Reality isn't.

The paradym has shifted.
We have pills for the cognitive dissonance you are presently experiencing.

Or, if you prefer, we can have 90% of the scientific community convince you that goal never happened.

Yeahno, the paradigm doesn't shift until the Illuminati decides to make it so bro.

Now fall in with the rest of the sheeple before we send black ops ALL the way up yo ass muthuhfuckuh!

:evil:

Right this way Sage...

viewtopic.php?p=217920#p217920
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
CC Legend

Post by Strangelove » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Ryan Miller is the new Grant Fuhr.

Just win baby...

Hmmm... all this winning.... hope my good pal Spidey isn't out on a ledge somewhere. :mex:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:13 pm

SKYO wrote:
sagebrush wrote:^^

Yeah I don't expect us to beat the Hawks, Kings or Ducks in the playoffs nor the regular season, but if we can at least give them a good fight till the finish for a full 60 minutes, I'd be happy about that.

Team has a different look compared to last season's nightmare year.
The way things are looking now, #1 Ducks would face #4 Kings, while #2 Canucks would face #3 Flames, while the Sharks go golfing in April. :)
I'd take our chances in the second round after facing our in-bred cousins from Alberta in the first round. :mrgreen:

Crappy game by Miller, but still pick up 2 points.
Power play goes 2 for 5, and a SHG to boot. not a bad day for the stat sheet

Doesn't look like we'll repeat the Jennings this year though... :?

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 am

sagebrush wrote:WTF happened to Hansen.

He held the puck, out-waited the goalie, & fired the puck up where momma keeps the cookies. :shock:

Reality isn't.

The paradym has shifted.
Shifted a couple years ago :) Our new "nohands" top man is ... Daniel Sedin.. with a shooting % under 10% for the last couple of years.. Hansen ? lifetime % of 10.5 % .. not too shabby :) .

So we got a Dane that can play on any line .. good defensively and has speed .. Now he's stealing a few more pucks and maybe our "unsung hero" . Wondering if he got injured this game ? Less than 10 minutes ice time..

Again the Canucks sucked defensively.. but won a game..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:01 am

Strangelove wrote:Ryan Miller is the new Grant Fuhr.

Just win baby...

Hmmm... all this winning.... hope my good pal Spidey isn't out on a ledge somewhere. :mex:
You play to win the game...
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!