GDT: 6/11/14 Canucks vs Sharks 7:30 pm (SN360)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 6/11/14 Canucks vs Sharks 7:30 pm (SN360)

Post by Arachnid »

First test....passed...barely 8-)

Next!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:No BoHo, I'm boycotting and not watching. It's as bad as going to church (or pretending you are a religious man and not going to church). :evil:
UNHOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!
It's alright, God was obviously on our side this time. Even Miller thought so.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:No goal no goal no goal

Last season, that goes in with .01 on the clock.
NHL actually had it as a tying goal for a few seconds, should have taken a screen shot and posted it in their fan forum. :)

MoFos in Taranna :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Wow does Bonino have a shot. He doesn't seem to need to head fake or look off a pass, he just keeps his head up and picks his spot.The fancy stats writers were certain his shooting % was unsustainable and would drop but it seems to have actually gotten better.

Miller has been a complete professional thus far and I take back any doubts I had about the signing. He has earned the trust of the players and the fans.

I don't think Hansen did himself any favors with that 3rd period penalty on Burish. Yes he should have drawn a penalty in the o-zone but he's been around long enough to know not to retaliate against SJS in a 1 goal game. The Sharks always get the call and tonight was no different.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, we are .500 on this road trip. We can lose the next two and everyone will be pleased with the result. :mrgreen:

That win is so totally Miller.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well, we are .500 on this road trip. We can lose the next two and everyone will be pleased with the result. :mrgreen:

LOL that's all I hoped for! :D

MillerTime!

Bones

Hope we get Kassian back he'd be nice vs Anaheim and the Kings.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A huge ( and very lucky ) win.. Outplayed but Miller was stellar ,, 2nd line looking good .
4th line is a better checking line than Vey and the 3rd..
Bonino still impressing !!
Hey this edition of the Canucks is fun to watch :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:First test....passed...barely 8-)

Next!
I guess we won because we have more talent ne pas Arach?

Just going by your logic.....
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well, we are .500 on this road trip. We can lose the next two and everyone will be pleased with the result. :mrgreen:

I agree; I cannot say anything now but wow...If we take one more game on this trip then I will not be entitled to comment about anything. That may be a good thing. :)
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Overtime wrote:

I agree; I cannot say anything now but wow...If we take one more game on this trip then I will not be entitled to comment about anything. That may be a good thing. :)
Also; did anyone else notice the amount of blocked shots Vancouver had in this game; it was something like 25-3 against S.J. maybe a result of "Torts" training last year. Check it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Even the defence pairings worked, at times. With Stanton back it may take a couple of games for the pairings to sort themselves out but no soft pairings. Well OK ,they ran around a lot but I willed them to look good. That has to count for something. It was nice to get a win in a game we really had no business winning.

I knew Miller as good but I honestly never knew how good, and calm, he is. He is also a work horse. I would be really tempted to let him play the back to backs. We have sucked this year on the second of back to backs. Try something different, or give Lack the first game and let Miller mop up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Hockey Widow wrote:Even the defence pairings worked, at times. With Stanton back it may take a couple of games for the pairings to sort themselves out but no soft pairings. Well OK ,they ran around a lot but I willed them to look good. That has to count for something. It was nice to get a win in a game we really had no business winning.

I knew Miller as good but I honestly never knew how good, and calm, he is. He is also a work horse. I would be really tempted to let him play the back to backs. We have sucked this year on the second of back to backs. Try something different, or give Lack the first game and let Miller mop up.
I think that letting "Mr Miller" mop up could be a rather brilliant strategy. I will not extrapolate as to why. Nice thinking though , however.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Tiger wrote:A huge ( and very lucky ) win.. Outplayed but Miller was stellar ,, 2nd line looking good .
4th line is a better checking line than Vey and the 3rd..
Bonino still impressing !!
Hey this edition of the Canucks is fun to watch :)
Total Agreement! This edition of our team is totally fascinating. We have no idea of what to expect but they appear to be really good! :)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol at Bersnoozi . Sharks are a skill team not a bruising one
Yeah, maybe. They do have some big skilled guys that give our defenders lots of problems usually though. When I think of the sharks, I always think of this play.

Kes who? Boy, Bones continues to play well. He's playing like an elite 2nd line centre. U give him some open ice and he has a knack of snapping the puck into the corner. I was really impressed by the way he took a bad pass and then skated around the defender by doing a half circle on his skates. Wow!

He keeps this up and he may be the future 1st line centre to take over the reigns from Hank.
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol at Bersnoozi . Sharks are a skill team not a bruising one
Yeah, maybe. They do have some big skilled guys that give our defenders lots of problems usually though. When I think of the sharks, I always think of this play.

Kes who? Boy, Bones continues to play well. He's playing like an elite 2nd line centre. U give him some open ice and he has a knack of snapping the puck into the corner. I was really impressed by the way he took a bad pass and then skated around the defender by doing a half circle on his skates. Wow!

He keeps this up and he may be the future 1st line centre to take over the reigns from Hank.
Five to Ten years from now the Sedins will fall from the first line. They will then go to the second line. .Two years later they will go to our third line....they will always be Canucks!!!!!