GDT: 1/11/2014 Canucks @ Oilers - 7:00PM - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
CC Legend

Re: GDT: 1/11/2014 Canucks @ Oilers - 7:00PM - CBC

Post by SKYO » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:08 am

Watch the bloggers copy tops.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:47 am

A few comments I missed;
Ferrence should have a date in NY. I'm giving Quintel and Co. a clean slate from Shanny the media whore. What is surprising is the disconnect between what is called on the ice and what is called in NY/TO. I am glad there is the ability to over rule a missed call, five wrongs don't make a right, but the stripes on ice need to step up their game.

Consummate team mate Kevin "going down with the ship" Bieksa won't be baited into publicly calling a turd a turd if that turd wears blue and green.

Was that snow falling inside the Crack Shack during the post game comments of the play by play crew or do they need an exterminator in Edmonton?

Commenting on homer play by play is Calpckian whine.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:34 am

Nice observations, Tops.

I'll be interested in how the new DPS responds too... in light of the timing of this hit immediately after the Bitter's suspension. Wonder if the HNIC gang's commentary will have any effects in the outcome...

Not sure how people can call former Sports Pager Dave Randorf a Oilers homer though.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Volchenkov just got 4 for this if it is any indication of what is to come.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Ferrence has a meeting Monday. Don't know if it's in person or via phone.
The only HW the Canucks need

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Topper wrote:Volchenkov just got 4 for this if it is any indication of what is to come.
I see Ference's hit on Kassian as being worse.

Ferlund saw Volchenkov coming and turned away from the hit. He was vulnerable and Volchenkov still tried to make significant contact. The impact looks to be more at the base of the neck where the trapezius spreads towards the shoulder. Watching Ferlund's reaction with the trainer the way he rotates his head seemed like he definitely felt that in the neck.

I think the reason Volchenkov got 4 games here is because Ferlund had "given up" on the play and seemed content to just poke the loose puck into Nashville's zone and avoid the contact. Volchenkov never even tried for the puck.

Ference elevated and, as everybody on the panel other than Kypreos pointed out, there was no driving into the chest with incidental contact to the head, it was pure shoulder to head reminded me of Scott Stevens' signature move of dropping behind a defending teammate where the puck carrier can't see him coming.