Canucks vs Ducks on CBC at 7:00

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: Canucks vs Ducks on CBC at 7:00

Post by CrzyCanuck »

When was the last time we saw a wrist shot PP goal from the half-board area? Our intention to set up a one-timer from the point cannot be anymore obvious than that.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Anaheim, a dose of reality!
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Out bottom-6 is pretty much our top-6. Whoever thinks the Sedins should ever be separated should be put down. Daniel is useless.

lol to Burrows "sticking up" for Bieksa. Silly Alex, Getzlaf has no hair to pull.

Sestito and Kassian are beasts.

Pretty sure Booth is playing to hurt himself so he can't be bough out.

Territorially it seems like a fairly even game (22-14 shot advantage), we just don't have much NHL talent up front.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Amazing we are out shooting the Ducks, just obviously shows they have better talent and goaltending.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Out bottom-6 is pretty much our top-6. Whoever thinks the Sedins should ever be separated should be put down. Daniel is useless.
Just checked out Daniel's stats..... since his last multi-point game (Jan 5, 2 pts) - he has a total of 4 points in 22 games. Wow.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote:Amazing we are out shooting the Ducks, just obviously shows they have better talent and goaltending.
Well they are a better team than us in pretty much every way. I don't know if we can fault Lack tonight. Either tips or goals within 5 feet of the net. Our D haven't boxed anyone out all game. We don't have any first-line forwards right now.

When Higgins, Kassian, Richardson, Booth and Sestito are your most notable forwards... you suck. Sedin, Burrows (save for getting his ass kicked), Kesler: invisible.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Can we see Markström next game?

We're roasted in the standings (5 points out with 6 games left), shouldn't we at least see what we've got in this kid going into the offseason?

Makes no sense to me sending Lack out to the wolves every game when we're heading for the golf course in a couple weeks. If Jensen is getting a shot in the top-6, why not give Markström a chance to play as an NHL goalie?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Everyone just calm down!

Includes a special cameo by RD as "Newt".
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well we are still in line to draft higher than the leaves. That's something, right?
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

LOL at BurningBeard. Come on BB, join the bed pissing, relieve yourself of the displaced aggression, no need to do that to yourself
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When did some of you start thinking we could stand up to the California teams? Was it this last stretch of games against sub par teams? Was it Kassians 4 assists against the worst team in the league?

Think of it as a blessing not making the playoffs, it spares us the humiliation of a 3rd first round beat down in a row

Tank and retool baby ! We'll be back
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:LOL at BurningBeard. Come on BB, join the bed pissing, relieve yourself of the displaced aggression, no need to do that to yourself
Are you asking me to pee on you? ...I'm deeply disturbed.

...I'm also contemplating my options.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Like arachnid said it would be nice getting the 9th pick without having to give a prized core player like a Schneider
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I got a beef, not sure it would of really mattered, but Burr and Jensen showed great chemistry together, why did Torts break them up? I know Hank got injured and all, but still. Those 2 were really going and making things happen whenever they were on the ice together. Put them with Kes or Mathias, if u feel u need u need someone to dish them the puck, then maybe try Schroeder or Dalpe. Hell, put Higgins or Dank/Burr down the middle if u have to. Sometimes I just really scratch my head with some of the coaching decisions. :?

Maybe secretly, MG and Torts are tanking it. Let the flood gates open then, let's see Markstrom get some action.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hockey Widow wrote:Well we are still in line to draft higher than the leaves. That's something, right?
Yep. It sure is.

It's sure is interesting to watch the leaves melt down so spectacularly.

I believe that a major reason for the Canucks bad season was because of our injuries. Injuries just won't leave us alone.
You wonder why Burrows is suddenly ineffective again? Well, look no further than the Shea Weber chop to his hands. We ARE a very highly skilled team who's

Toronto on the other hand, is NOT suffering from any injuries (that we know of) and hasn't won a game in 8 straight.