Canucks @ Avs on Sportsnet at 6:00

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Avs on Sportsnet at 6:00

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Man is Sestito ever good at hitting fists with his face

I can never understand the heat this guy gets. He is a 700 K player who will fight anyone in the NHL , no questions asked. He has stood up for a teammate multiple times this season and seems pretty well liked on the team. Sure he isn't the fleetest of foot or the best defensively but he has at least scored a few goals and is a vastly improved player this season compared to last. No, he isn't a great fighter but he is a hell of a lot better player than 95 % of the behemoths he has to fight.

For a team with as many warts and goiters as this one has I'd say he is a minor whitehead on the left ass cheek.

I would also say he is ideal as a 13/14 forward on a young ( hopefully younger moving forward) improving team. He gives the team some fucking testicles which it seems had been chopped off since the days of Rick Rypien .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

So Torts benches rookie Nick Jensen for the entire 3rd period and OT and uses him in a 4th line capacity.

Jensen, Schroeder, Sestito

In a must a win game.

What is wrong with this coach?

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/03/27 ... erailment/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^^^ That's what you do to a rookie who slacks off on his defensive responsibilities.

Torts' methods seem to be working on Kassian.

You GOTTA love how hard the Canucks played in the 3rd period of a mile high back-to-back game.

ALL THE WAY BABY!! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:So Torts benches rookie Nick Jensen for the entire 3rd period and OT and uses him in a 4th line capacity.

In a must a win game.

Because Kassian, Booth and Richardson have worked their way up the line up.

What is wrong with the idiots here and at the Province?

Oh, I know, they're idiots.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I can never understand the heat this guy gets. He is a 700 K player who will fight anyone in the NHL , no questions asked. He has stood up for a teammate multiple times this season and seems pretty well liked on the team. Sure he isn't the fleetest of foot or the best defensively but he has at least scored a few goals and is a vastly improved player this season compared to last. No, he isn't a great fighter but he is a hell of a lot better player than 95 % of the behemoths he has to fight.

For a team with as many warts and goiters as this one has I'd say he is a minor whitehead on the left ass cheek.

I would also say he is ideal as a 13/14 forward on a young ( hopefully younger moving forward) improving team. He gives the team some fucking testicles which it seems had been chopped off since the days of Rick Rypien .
I have been hard on Tom, but I will concede that he has been much better this season than I thought he would be. I think you can make a case now for his existence on a NHL team, whereas a year ago he clearly did not belong.

I mean Tom does have more goals this season than the $37M man David Clarkson!
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

mathonwy wrote:So Torts benches rookie Nick Jensen for the entire 3rd period and OT and uses him in a 4th line capacity.

In a must a win game.

Torts is a defence first coach and Jensen was on the ice for both goals against.. floating instead of checking ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I can never understand the heat this guy gets. He is a 700 K player who will fight anyone in the NHL , no questions asked. He has stood up for a teammate multiple times this season and seems pretty well liked on the team. Sure he isn't the fleetest of foot or the best defensively but he has at least scored a few goals and is a vastly improved player this season compared to last. No, he isn't a great fighter but he is a hell of a lot better player than 95 % of the behemoths he has to fight.

I have been hard on Tom, but I will concede that he has been much better this season than I thought he would be. I think you can make a case now for his existence on a NHL team, whereas a year ago he clearly did not belong.

I mean Tom does have more goals this season than the $37M man David Clarkson!
IIRC wasn't the 4th line gassed after two icing calls against when Sestito picked that fight (Bordeleau)?

If so, he was willing to lose a fight in order to give his linemates a bit of a rest

(and allow a fresh player to replace him on the ice).

Sestito isn't a fantastic fighter, but he seems to choose who/when to fight rather wisely.

There are certainly worse 4th-liners in the league...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sestito isn't a fantastic fighter, but he seems to choose who/when to fight rather wisely.

There are certainly worse 4th-liners in the league...
True Story. The other thing I like about the big goof is that he allows Kassian to (try, at least) focus on playing hockey, instead of being the team sheriff. Without Sestito, there is a good chance Kassian stagnates as a Ben Eager. As it is, he has the opportunity to develop offensively, all the while retaining the potential to come completely unhinged and murder someone. I like having a weapon like that.