Canucks @ Wild on Sportsnet at 4:30

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Wild on Sportsnet at 4:30

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sounds like we did good.am on the road home just stopped at a hotel little south of Sacramento
I actually heard the score was tied at one one on the radio down here..I read the thread didn't get to much info but if anybody is in the mood to detail some shit??
This game was the Canuck's most dominant game all season.
Despite the fact that more than half of the game saw the Wild carry the momentum. Look at the shot totals alone to realize that the Canucks got good goaltending and capitalized on some bounces.

Most dominant game.....LMAO!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sounds like we did good.am on the road home just stopped at a hotel little south of Sacramento
I actually heard the score was tied at one one on the radio down here..I read the thread didn't get to much info but if anybody is in the mood to detail some shit??
This game was the Canuck's most dominant game all season.
Despite the fact that more than half of the game saw the Wild carry the momentum. Look at the shot totals alone to realize that the Canucks got good goaltending and capitalized on some bounces.

Most dominant game.....LMAO!
Come on Mëds!

The Canucks weathered the storm when they needed to. When I say dominant, I mean that they put the game away and our 4th line was actually out with a minute left.

Maybe they didn't dominate the game but they definitely didn't wilt when the pressure was on. Especially on those 3rd period PKs.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Dominant is the wrong word. Convincing is what I meant.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I see the futile final push has begun. If they play reeeeeally well, maybe they'll come in 17th, juuuust miss the playoffs AND draft the lowest pick out of all the non-playoff teams!

All right Canucks...apparently cant even suck properly

edit: oh and doc...yes I do love my team...just not this edition
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Seriously, is that a fly in your theory Dan?

At 76 points with 9 games (78 with 8) to go, who is going to catch the Canucks for one of those top 5 picks...?

1 thru 5 are mathowny impossible to catch up.

Carolina, Ottawa, Nashville, New Jersey, and hopefully two out of Phoenix, Dallas or Minnesota round out the top 11

From 6 to 12 its really a crap shoot that your going to pick a "head and shoulders above everyone else" blue chip special. So you might as well go for as many points as possible to keep or create a winning attitude in the dressing room. If you tank for the pick what is that going do to the development and morale of the players you want back next year?

losing is a disease, stay away from it all costs I say.

Plus make the playoff and anything is possible, we have three wins against the Blues this year, I got money that ain't afraid a no Blues
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

At this rate the leaves might get to pick before us!
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:This game was the Canuck's most dominant game all season. .......

Canucks worked very hard tonight and played possibly their best game of the season. Too little too late but still made for a very entertaining game. :thumbs:
Sure Mathowny. :roll:
"I didn't think we played great, but we stuck with it, and at the end, we came out with a big win," Sedin said. "For sure, it's something to build."
Minnesota, currently holding the first wild-card spot in the West, controlled play for most of the first two periods but failed to capitalize on four power plays and fell behind 3-1.
Even though his team was generating chances early, Wild coach Mike Yeo was nervous.

"Especially in that first period, we're out-chancing them, we're outshooting them, but still. Just didn't quite have the right feel," he said.
"Don't feel good about that one," Kuemper said. "Obviously we were controlling the play, and to find ourselves down 3-1, yeah, I've got to help the guys out a little bit better."
Were you watching Mathowny?
mathonwy wrote:Daniel had a very strong game and filled in very admirably for his brother. Very accurate passes and had a lot of jump.
Sure Mathowny :roll:
"It's been a while but it was probably my worst game out of the 23," Sedin said. "But it was nice. Hopefully it can get me going in the right direction."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

I believe the term Bieksa and Kesler use is "greasy win".

Opposite of the loosing streaks, ugly chances went in.

While the Wild dominated procession, zone time and shots, for the most part they were kept to the perimeter and when they did get the puck to the net, Vancouver's defenders were able to tie up sticks and clear rebounds.

The Canucks created many of their own problems with horrible clearing attempts.

Though Jacques Lemaire is gone, the Wild continue to effectively clog the neutral zone and stand tall at their blue line. Vancouver struggled all night with gaining the Minnesota zone.

Booth played himself off the fourth line. Matthias was often double shifted as wing on Richardson/Kassian and centre with a rotating cast of Booth/Higgins/Hansen/Burrows and Daniel.

Outside of the local press, there is little mention of the hit on Burrows. I'm not sure there was enough of a body check that little happens, but who knows? Blindside and coming in low are the the issues.

Kassian tries to go to the point on a scrambled draw, has his stick tied up and the only option is a lob at the net.

Rough night for Kuemper and Bryz. Lack with some good play and one softy.

Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Topper wrote: Outside of the local press, there is little mention of the hit on Burrows. I'm not sure there was enough of a body check that little happens, but who knows? Blindside and coming in low are the the issues.
But wait, there's more!

In Shannyland, there could also be issues such as Burrows history as a agitator, speculation of embellishment, and the fact he was not injured. He could just as easily call it a perfectly normal hockey play where Burr had his head down.

As we know, NHL discipline is like a box of chocolates.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rayxor wrote:
Topper wrote: Outside of the local press, there is little mention of the hit on Burrows. I'm not sure there was enough of a body check that little happens, but who knows? Blindside and coming in low are the the issues.
But wait, there's more!

In Shannyland, there could also be issues such as Burrows history as a agitator, speculation of embellishment, and the fact he was not injured. He could just as easily call it a perfectly normal hockey play where Burr had his head down.

As we know, NHL discipline is like a box of chocolates.
I have mentioned many times before, injury is CBA mandated consideration for supplementary discipline.

I disagree with many of Shanny the media whore's decisions, but folks need to get it through there heads that injury or lack injury on a play is a major factor.

I have never agreed with it but that is what the rules are.

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

What an ugly win, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Booth's goals were definitely lucky and opportunistic, but the second one was a damn near perfect shot. He hasn't been lucky often in Vancouver so good for him. He now has twice the goals at nearly half the cost of David Clarkson! :D

Kassian's goal was very nice as others have noted. I don't think John and John gave Zack enough credit on that one.

Daniel Sedin scored and we scored a PP goal? Maybe things are looking up after all.

Hearing Torts speak I have to believe he has been told that he will be around next year.

I didn't know what to expect with Matthias. There had been a lot of hype around him since last year's trade deadline, but so far I like was I have seen. He has been bad on the faceoff dot, but other than that he is all the younger, bigger and faster stuff we want. All of a sudden I can't wait to see a Matthias-Horvat-Kassian line. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I see the futile final push has begun. If they play reeeeeally well, maybe they'll come in 17th, juuuust miss the playoffs AND draft the lowest pick out of all the non-playoff teams!

All right Canucks...apparently cant even suck properly

edit: oh and doc...yes I do love my team...just not this edition
Seriously, is that a fly in your theory Dan?

At 76 points with 9 games (78 with 8) to go, who is going to catch the Canucks for one of those top 5 picks...?

1 thru 5 are mathowny impossible to catch up.

Carolina, Ottawa, Nashville, New Jersey, and hopefully two out of Phoenix, Dallas or Minnesota round out the top 11

From 6 to 12 its really a crap shoot that your going to pick a "head and shoulders above everyone else" blue chip special. So you might as well go for as many points as possible to keep or create a winning attitude in the dressing room. If you tank for the pick what is that going do to the development and morale of the players you want back next year?

losing is a disease, stay away from it all costs I say.

Plus make the playoff and anything is possible, we have three wins against the Blues this year, I got money that ain't afraid a no Blues
Couldn't have said it better myself good buddy! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.